30Q button top - new deal for Q8

One of the reasons why some buyers chose to take them up on the simple return / replacement offer. My flat-tops are still in the original plastic bag waiting for them to tell us how to safely send them back.

KuoH

“Item detained (unfit for Airmail delivery). Please contact the company you made this purchase from”…

My suspicions are confirmed. They will not be shipped.

Item detained (unfit for Airmail delivery). Please contact the company you made this purchase from.Direct Link
[***]!

I think that’s what you get when they send Li-ions as “chargers”

What also sucks it that this NEW problem has to be fixed within 2 weeks ( before april 1) and we all know how willing BG is to fixing things.

This situation has really gone from bad, to worse. I have Empathy for everyone involved. This shouldn’t have happened, but it did. Now, with restrictions on shipping, it just made it all worse. This was a huge group buy, and was to the benefit of all the members here. Banggood definitely holds the responsibility for all of this, but from what I can see, they (Neil, M4D M4X, and Banggood), have tried to make right, and now have been saddled with something that is out of their control. I don’t know what it will take to make it right with everyone involved. What worries me more than anything about this is, Banggood stops providing folks here with the opportunity for these group buys. If it was me, I would probably back out. It’s a shame this happened. I would suggest, people back off posting all of this, and go through whatever hoops you need to, to resolve it for yourself. Everyone, and I mean Everyone, knows the situation.
As I said before, If I can alleviate someones issues, and you live in the US, I have use for 4 of these flat tops.

If you/anyone received flat top cells I think the best solution is to use soldering iron and add a bit of solder to make them button top.
This situation with shipping restrictions on batteries will last a while, BG will not be able to resend anything that even looks like battery and I also doubt that people will be able to send batteries to BG…

I ordered 2 more 30Q button tops on 3-5-16. I received them today. Fastest battery shipment for me so far.

I contacted BG and they are giving me full refund for 8 30Q’s they got send back to BG by postal service.

Just received new tracking number. I highly appreciate that BG continues to try to ship those batteries to me!

_Dear customer,

Thanks for your order.

We are so sorry to tell you that your package was returned because of transport restriction.

So that we arranged a resend again by another shipping method. Your re-re-send order was shipped on 2016/3/18 with tacking number RLxxxxxxxCN.

And you can tracked on: http://www.17track.net/. And it can not check the tracking information yet. Please check it after a few days.

Thanks for your patience with our Banggood.

Sorry for the inconvenience and best regards_

Same here today !

Got my money back, glad this is over with.

I have eight of the wrongly sent flat tops. I am considering using the magnet solution, but have concerns. One, how much resistance does this add, since I ordered these cells because of their low internal resistance. Two, if I use a dab of superglue to hold the magnet in place, will it creep under the magnet and insulate it from the flat top?
Thanks for any info.

PS: I do not have nor do I want to buy a soldering iron, so no such suggestions please.

It shouldn’t add much resistance at all. From what I’ve found online a NdFeb magnet (Neodymium) has a electrical resistance of 160 micro ohms (.00016 ohms) per centimeter. I’ve used superglue before and didn’t have any problem with it seeping under the magnet, however my brand of superglue didn’t hold up that well and eventually came off. I’m sure it’s because I had some really cheap stuff you’d find at gas station but I ended up using JB Kwik weld 2 part epoxy and it works great but you have to be careful when applying because it’s a lot harder to get off than super glue.

I used a two part epoxy (24 hour cure) around the edge of the magnet applied with a tooth pick, no glue actually gets under the magnet and the glue holds the magnet in place with no problems.

Same thing has happened for me.

It has changed, but not good.

At 17track.net:

At directlink:

No new tracking number.
I want the money.
PM sent.

After exactly 60 days of struggle I finally got what I ordered long ago. Nice batteries, long story now closed. Never got back any response on this from Neil, cservice is a joke but finally finally they got it together.

I ordered 4 of these on 3/3 and they were marked shipped 3/4. I paid for the shipping upgrade. Finally an update. They’re still in China. 8-|

2016-03-22 14:26

CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility, Your item has been processed through a facility in SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA at 2:26 pm on March 22, 2016.
2016-03-07 11:13

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
2016-03-07 11:13

CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility
2016-03-06 14:33

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
2016-03-06 14:33

CHINA, Acceptance

I apologize for my earlier outburst, not really fair on madmax, but you have been very quiet…

Anyway… I emailed BG complaining I hadn’t received them and wanted a refund and mentioned others had had them returned due to new restrictions etc. Next day they emailed to say oh, your batts were returned due to new restrictions etc. We have re-sent them with a different carrier (china post instead of sweden post (im in UK…)).

Got new tracking numbers etc.

If these get turned back I will insist on a refund.

For those in same boat there is another tracking site to follow them - http://flytexpress.com/ it’s in chinese, if using chrome click on the translate thing in the title bar near the star (if you have translation turned on in chrome settings). Otherwise use a translator site. Click on “parcel inquiry”

The latest from mine……

Package tracking information
Date / Time / location / status
2016-03-22 10:09 Fuzhou Exchange Bureau - We have been exported straight seal
2016-03-22 07:28 Fuzhou Exchange Bureau - It has been opened for exports
2016-03-22 00:00 Fuzhou Center - Hang leave pay
2016-03-21 19:08 Fuzhou international acceptance packet processing center - Left, next [center] Fuzhou
2016-03-21 17:40 Fuzhou international acceptance packet processing center - It has been sealing
2016-03-21 17:39 Fuzhou international acceptance packet processing center - Acceptance has been
2016-03-19 16:14 Electronic information has been received
2016-03-18 02:44 FLYTEXPRESS-CN - Processed Through Sort Facility
2016-03-18 02:44 FLYTEXPRESS-CN - Processed Through Sort Facility
2016-03-17 10:08 FLYTEXPRESS-CN - Acceptance
2016-03-16 17:21 Customer Shipping information recieved

Not sure what to think “it has been opened for exports”, “we have exported straight seal” doesn’t sound too good :frowning:

edit Also worth trying https://www.aftership.com/courier/china-post

From there i get -

China Post
+86 20 11185
IN TRANSIT

Mar 22, 2016 08:28 am - Export customs cleared - China Post

Mar 22, 2016 07:28 am - Export security scan - China Post

Mar 22, 2016 12:00 am - Leaving airport going to next airport/seaport - China Post

Mar 21, 2016 07:08 pm - Leaving parcel center, next stop 【福州中心】 - China Post

Mar 21, 2016 05:40 pm - Customs scan by parcel center - China Post

Mar 21, 2016 05:39 pm - Shipment received by parcel center - China Post

Mar 19, 2016 04:14 pm - Information Received - China Post

So who knows lol…

Excellent, thanks Papalumen! Mine is in transit too…
Mar 22, 2016, 10:29 am, Export customs cleared, China Post