$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

Hi wdkingery,

Thanks for your notice, could you pm me with your register email? I will ask the technical staff to check this, thanks!

Hi LSX, chris_n26, keengeorge and gehrmo,

Sorry for delay reply, just confirmed with Opus, no Aus plug available, sorry :frowning:

But an adaptor for Au use is included in the package!

Hi,

May i know if there will be an adaptor included for an UK type of plug?

Furthermore, if i am using the charger to charge 10440 and eneloop cells do i need to change the default voltage of 4.2V to something else?

Thank you!

The charger is delivered with the internal selector set at 4.2V. With Eneloop(nimh) or 10440 cells, it is automatically detected as such and will be charged accordingly. No need to change from that 4.2v setting.

The charger has two plug choices, US and EU types. Pardon my naivete, but is the EU plug same as the ones used in the UK? If not, you need an adaptor.

Hmm, Eu plugs do not have the earth pin right? UK plug have 3 pins though, however 2 pin should fit ok if its spaced the same way. I’m from Singapore so we are using the UK plugs. But i have international adaptors so that should be ok:).

Oh so if i understand correctly, to charge my batteries (Eneloop or Li-ion), i do not have to change any settings? Do i have to change the current for the charging manually or the charger is smart enough to use the right current? At which period of time will i have to open the charger to change the internal selector?

Thanks for the reply:)

Please read post # 1202 of this link:

Ah thanks! That’s very helpful!

However, i have one more question. What is the optimal charging current for the 10440 and eneloop cells?

I have been researching and it seems that for 10440 the best charging current is 250ma right?

How about the AAA sized Eneloops? I can’t seem to find much on those.

Sorry for all the questions! Just got into this smart battery and charger thingy so have many questions!

Thank you!

NiMh AA and AAA cells are recommended to be charged at .5c, in which c stands for the capacity of the cell. The recommended minimum charging rate is .33c
As as example, your Eneloop AAA cell is rated at 800mah, so charging rate should be —- .5C X 800 = 400ma or the next higher rate. In the case of the BT-C3100, since there is no 400ma, the next available rate, which is 500ma, should be chosen for charging.

Got it!

Thats very helpful! Ok i have just placed a order for the 2.1v Opus!!! Can’t wait to test it:D

:beer:

Shipped now :smiley:

Colour is “Royal Blue”, is that supposed to be a very very dark blue I’m seeing in some pictures? I thought this was supposed to come in black? Anyone have a picture that shows the colour accurately?

Ordered a 2.1, flat-rate shipping, coupon still works. Can’t wait to start testing capacity of my laptop pulls. _

Please let me know what the fan is mounted on OPUS BT-C3100 V2.1.
Manufacturer
Dimensions
Ball
Noise level dB

Thank you.

(Прошу сообщить какой вентилятор установлен на OPUS BT-C3100 V2.1.
Изготовитель
Размеры
Шарикоподшипник
Уровень шума dB)

Спасибо.

Hi chris_n26,

It’s not black, it’s dark blue, pic as below: :party:

Excellent, I just made an order. Can’t wait to receive it.

Was leaning heavily towards a Thrunite MCC-4 but with the discount code I decided to for the 2.1 model here. I do have one question though, I was wondering if it would work to use this with a 15V, 1100 mA solar panel setup? It’s not the end of the world if it doesn’t but I noticed the high current spikes in a previous review. I am not intending to fully load all slots with 18650s at high charge current, I’d only like to be able to charge one or two cells at a reasonable rate.

I suppose if it didn’t work I could always use a small lead-acid battery as a buffer between the solar panel and the charger.

Would someone be so kind as to measure current draw when charging just one or two batteries on a 12V supply?

The charger’s power supply is 12vdc, 3A. You may load all 4 bays and charge/discharge or any combination without trouble.

Right, so is it safe to assume that with only about 1/3 the current it would be able to function but only with lighter charging requirements?

Only if you have some energy storage between the solar panel and the charger.