$37.99 for Opus BT-C3100 V2.1 with OP3100 ( clearance) & $38.99 for Opus2.2 without using the coupon @GearBest

If the unit is even close to 10% of actual capacity it is worth it for me.
I use some cells on a daily basis and I’d like to know where they stand.
Then I can finally toss some cells that are known to be insufficient.

There is nothing wrong with your unit.
You battery is rated from Panasonic at 3100, your #4 cell is showing 3211 or only 3.5% more than rated. Very acceptable.

If you were to clean off the terminals of the charger and of the cell and re-run the test, it most likely will come out different, maybe closer to spec, maybe not.

Point is these chargers are not lab quality units, but they are a good hobby grade unit.
As they say “It’s a Guide, not a Bible”
HTH
Keith

Those Panasonics are rated at 3100mAh down to 2.5 volt discharge at lower 590mAh discharge current. At 1A discharge to 2.9V those should be doing around 2900mAh so now the error margin grows to around 10%…

Edit: I guess I’ll measure the discharge current tomorrow and see if it discharges with the current it shows.

I suggest you try that cell with a 3211mah discharge capacity to re-charged and discharged at the same rates when you got this number but in a different bay and see what the new discharge capacity will be.

I put the last one into first slot alone and ran the test again. It now shows 2982mAh. So only the first slot seems to be around what it should be.

Hi majszter,

I’m really sorry about this issue, just because recently most of the parcels were impound and checked carefully by Shenzhen customs, it was the most severe and longest-lasting checking since last 10 years. Most of the shipping methods were affected, such as NL post, DHL, UPS, etc, so the tracking information was delayed to update than usually, beg your kindly understanding. Really hope it can pass as soon as possible, and sorry it bothers you so much this time.

If your order has not arrived at when there is over 45 days from the shipping day, we will offer the refund or resend. Hope it can arrive as soon as possible!

GearBest.com.

Hi Tatasal
I buy another Opus 3100 V2.1
Do I contact Dora?
Thank you
Marco

Not anymore. Just go to Gearbest’s website and use the code op3100

Just received mine today. Not impressed with the LCD screen though. The backlit LCD screen for Slot 2 & 3 is darker than Slot 1 & 4 ……brownish like there is a tar stain underneath. It won’t be visible without backlight . Is it normal ?

It looks better in photo than real life, but it still shows the difference.

I know that most of you are used to this shipping style. But, I find this and the product reports to lead me in the direction of buyers remorse. Quite rare for this to affect me before I even get it.

Buying from China…

It mostly turns out alright, but you never know, it might not.

When you say “recently” in regard to the impound what shipping date range are you referring to?

One of my orders was shipped on 9/30. I am not concerned that I have not received it yet. I am wondering if this ship date is among those that you mentioned?

I have 3, they all look like this. That is because the panels are edge lit. I gotta say that I never really noticed this, but now that you mention it…… I now wonder if it will bother me.
Which brings me to a point. Everything, if you look close enough, will have flaws. Even a masterpiece painting if you look so close as to see the individual brush marks will look ugly.
This is a GREAT charger, just concentrate on how flexible and easy to use it is.

AND what a GREAT deal we all got.

Next we’ll complain that the displays on our chargers don’t have “retina” displays. It’s an LCD display with some leds to illuminate it placed on the edge. There’s bound to be some difference in lighting. think of the old cell phones with the green displays.

Thank you for confirming.

There is no need to be sarcastic. I was just asking if if it is normal. I was not the one showing some attitude here.
I hope you don’t read any flashlight or charger reviews though, because I’m afraid you’re going to say the same things to them.
If someone just ask you a question whether something is supposed to be like that, then you simply answer “Yes, it is like that” or “No, it’s not”, so the questioner can use it as a base of comparison to deduce an answer.

This picture is on the first page of this thread. It looks much worse than your picture.

I’m very disappointed that at the same time the BC-3100 v2.1 is new and exclusive to the slowest shipper in the Asian area, there is also a BC-3400 selling for not much more with fast shipping. Today I received something mailed though ChinaPost, it took 15 days to get to me.

I’m wondering if the one unit I received so far though PostNL, is defective. On the discharge cycle it stopped at 3.7v. I’ve just tried a discharge once, and was a 10440, so while that could be normal, I’m just not sure. On the tests HKJ did the voltages ended up at about 2.9v. I will try it again and update this post.

Still waiting for DHL to get it’s hands on my second order. Order placed 11th of Sept, shipped 18th, and tracking info still says shipping info received.

Update with battery result, tried it again, this time with 300ma discharge rate, it got down to 3.18v and it stays there. It’s so hard to source 10440s, and it’s a TrustFire, so that could be the problem.

Did the battery voltage at discharge stop at 3.7 volts or did it rebound to that voltage after stopping at the cut of voltage?

@MRsDNF, That first discharge it was left alone overnight at a 500ma discharge. The battery could have dipped low, but once the draw was off I think the voltage could have came back up without the load since it was left so long. I’m guessing if I try better batteries in it, it won’t have some awful results. I wish I could find some good 10440s.

I have seen weird behavior with some poor quality protected cells. Also There are a few times when, for whatever reason, there was a poor electrical contact between the cell and the charger.
Poor cells will show a higher cutoff voltage because the charger sees only the voltage on the outside of the cell. That voltage is the internal voltage minus the voltage drop across the internal resistance. So good quality cells, and discharging at lower currents will result in cells sitting in the cradle with higher “recovered” voltages after the test is completed.