($7 delivery price)Cree T6 1000-Lume Led headlamp from Myled.com

My camera is charging, but the threaded ring that holds the guts in has no slots indentations or other obvious way to unscrew it to get to the driver.

Also, the light I received has an xml u2, not a t6, which is fine by me.

Surprised to find a decent metal reflector in this light.

Thrilled to have it for $7. Only problem is extreme hotspot with little spill.
Seems to be caused by tall centering ring.

Pics up in a few.

How did you determine that? (They can print anything on the MCPCB.)

Why is it that people try to make their problem’s someone else’s fault?
This guy can control EMS pricing structure?

Ah I see, yes that is what is printed on the star.

Got it today in a plain box, simple wrapper and in good shape.
Only did a brief check-everything seems good. Mine has heatsink compound and works fine with unprotected (parallel) batteries. IMO it was an incredible buy for the price. I have an older, better made, LED that can’t hold a ‘candle’ to it.

Here we go..

I haven’t received this light yet, but I’m already proud of myself for purchasing it…

nice…thanks

Interesting IC, chip on left is the “MCU”

Chip on right appears to be the FET driving the LED

Modes on pins 5 (S2) and 6 (S1)
0,0: high – low – flash – off
+,0: high – low – off
0,+: high – off – off
: high – off

It appears as if pin 1 is driving the PWM to the FET for modes
I need a better picture (or get mine in my hands to look at it)

Whole lotta acreage for a driver :slight_smile:

Looks easy enough to go nuts with amps.

Just remember, it’ll be on your head. Literally. :bigsmile:

Received mine today.

As others mentioned, the hotspot is too tight and bright to use at close range. I simply inserted a piece of paper napkin from the kitchen and screwed it underneath the glass. It doesn’t look good when turned off, but it works. It still has a hotspot now, but it’s only slightly brighter than the rest of the beam, and I think I like the fact that it still has a brighter centre spot. OK it might not be perfect, but for $7 it’s really worth every penny as long as it lasts.

I wonder if OL’s clear coating of the reflector (poor mans stippling) would help diffuse the hotspot a bit

Got mine too. I've never seen that kind of square pill in such head/bicycle lights. Ok it's $7. I've ordered it because it was advertized as 8.4V. Now I see it's only 4.2V.

Will be interesting to take it apart.

I’m thinking of 2 rows of 4 7135’s for a total of 2.8A max…leave off 7135’s for less current

This way you can have multiple levels, I used DrJones luxdrv and created a “ramping only” type UI by using the comment out codes (Tested and I believe tweaked by Cereal_killer)…imagine being able to dial in the light yo perfect light vs levels that may or may not be too bright or not bright enough

With that much room, might even be able to design in one of those small TP4056 charger modules included in the driver, plug in and it charges the batteries (even though some say this is not the safest way to charge parallel batteries) and/or even build in a protection circuit

There is ALOT of acreage on that driver it appears

curious to see that driver; I have a light that I thought it was exactly the same, but my driver is into the light itself, a round one with the button soldered in the middle…

Got mine too today :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s a throwy light, as was to be expected with a smooth reflector.
The 3 modes are: hi, lo, crazy. + hidden SOS mode (press long)
Momentary switch, so you cycle through the modes to turn it off.

The red back LED is a nice extra.
Charging port too.

Hmmm…. the head doesn’t stay in position too well…
Tightening the screw doesn’t really help…

Happy with the purchase though.

might do a break down of mine when i get it hopefully tonight.

I got mine. The mounting is not great, but I actually like that it has a nice hotspot as that is somewhat rare with headlamps. It will be nice for some up-close work. I actually don’t hear the pwm on low like I thought I would. The cover for the battery compartment is just a piece of rubber, which seems pretty cheap. I can’t complain at $7 shipped.

It has a charging port. Is it connected to anything?

Yes. Thin blue wires come from it to S+ and S- on the driver board.

anyone able to find a diffuse lens or a good way to diffuse the beam on this headlamp?
I am thinking of trying clear frosted film to see if it will help.