[77outdoor] High CRI + RED 660nm dual led headlamp D25LR

Sorry I meant D25L (with 2 LH351D 2700k) not with red led.

About the battery I’m kinda sure everyone would take 3000mah.

But there is no choice in aliexpress store for battery as you said

We have D25L in stock, 3000mah battery is included in the kit. Sofirn site always provides more responsive and prompt customer service. Why not try on our website?
The reason why I didn't put 2700K version in plan is only a few people love this tint. Maybe I will try some in next batch.

Sofirnlight D25L

Sounds like it is well worth a try. Order placed.

Bang-for-the-Buck :innocent:

My D25LR just arrived, it's exactly what I've been wanting for some time now. Simple UI, High CRI white LED, 660nm deep red LED and easy tilting mount!

Here are some pictures for anyone interested:

In the box:

Pointing at the ground (Moonlight mode). Not completely scientific, there was some light from behind but hopefully gives some idea:

Pointing at the ground (Highest mode). Again not completely scientific but gives an idea:

Pointing straight forwards (Highest mode):

Pointing straight forwards (Highest mode). Gives some idea of the throw:

All pictures taken with my phone on default settings, not scientific but gives a good impression of how it appears in person.

EDIT: I should mention all the photos were taken wearing the headtorch, just adjusting the tilt (has satisfying clicks as you tilt the light to point up/down).

Overall I'm really happy with this purchase, I think I will be ordering some more for family members!

Thanks for the photos! I’ll be doing a review comparing it to the considerably more expensive Olight Array 2S when mine arrives.

The moonlight mode pictures are way brighter than it was in person, I probably should’ve left them out. Only the very front slightly brighter spot is lit, my phone camera went and overexposed the image so most of the light seen is coming from behind. Sorry if it’s misleading, in actual fact it’s much lower and what I wanted in a moonlight mode; just enough light to dimly show what’s right in front of your feet. Apologies if it’s giving the wrong impression, I’m sure someone will do a much better review/images, if I get the chance I will try and setup a tripod and take some more accurate pictures.

I purchased 2 units D25LR and measured tailcap current (UT210E amp meter) as follows

For some reason the tailcap current measurements are not exactly the same for the 2 samples.

(Unit 2 has a bit higher power consumption in max brightness for white, but slightly less for red, when compared to Unit 1 power consumption)

LH351D - white

Brightness Unit 1 Unit 2
Level 1 0.010A 0.010A
Level 2 0.26A 0.29A
Level 3 1.40A 1.55A
Level 4 2.85A

3.17A

SST20-DR (red)

Brightness Unit 1 Unit 2
Level 1 0.008A 0.008A
Level 2 0.23A 0.22A
Level 3 1.16A

1.12A

Level 4 2.33A

2.26A

Unit 1 finished charging battery to 4.194v

Unit 2 finished charging battery to 4.183v

idle current drain is just 0.5uA (I use another multi-meter to check idle/quiescent current drain; may not be that accurate, but it's really low)

Will this make it to Amazon US? Our mail system is not to reliable these days.

It is definitely low enough to use indoors, perfect for my use.

Moonlight is just enough light to see what the light is pointing directly at, stepping up to low gives a much bigger + brighter flood of light.

Hi, I was looking for an aluminium lamp with white / red emitters and was excited about this one… and bought the D25LR. Build Quality seems very good / solid. Tint and beam are perfect in my opinion… great balance between flood and throw. The hidden charging slot is great.

The white moonlight mode is not that low IMHO… feels like more than 1 lumen. But the red moonlight mode is very low! just enough to do stuff in the tent after the eyes got adjusted to the dark.

I can’t say anything yet reg. runtimes. Would the above measured tailcap currents translate more or less into runtimes like this:

> Level 2 0.26A
= roughly 11 hours runtime on level 2 with 35 lumen and the provided 3000 mah-battery? If this is correct it wouldn’t seem that much considering that some of my 14500 / 16340 headlamps offer similar runtimes with this amount of light? Or am I getting something wrong?

Anyways, my only real concern with the lamp is the weight. It’s too heavy for running in my personal opinion. I changed the headband for a 3-strap-headband of ZL H600 which offers more stability.

I would love to see a 16340 lamp with the concept of the D25LR (or even better: a 14500 lamp with this concept). I have already tried the Fenix HM51R (with one white and 2 red emitters under one lense) but the beam angle of the “spill” was much too wide (with reflections in your face). The beam angle of the D25LR is just perfect in comparison … if the lamp was just a bit lighter…

Another great feature would be if the charging indicator could also be used as a battery / voltage indicator when not charging.

Review of the D25LR : https://www.stephenknightphotography.com/post/headlamp-review-sofirn-d25lr

Reg runtime “translation” I did a little test. I put a battery in the lamp that I had just tested with 2550 mAh (LGABB41865). I put the Lamp in “Medium”-Mode (Mode 3 of 4) with 230 LM according to the Sofirn website. It took a bit more than 5 hours until the first blinking signals indicated low voltage. This was done in a smart way (blinking only every couple of minutes) and the lamp stayed in Mode III. I monitored this for another 15 min or so and at that point the battery was about 2,75 V and I stopped the test.

I am not sure about the low voltage cutoff, but the blinking is very helpful. I have had a couple of lamps that leave you in the dark with no warning when the battery is empty. So the low voltage signal is an important feature to me.

I received mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday. Thank you Barry for making this headlamp happen!

Seth

Barry0892, Add D25LR to Aliexpress Store! You are welcome!

I just got mine today. What a great headlamp!

Something interesting to me is when the red light is at low and you looked at your phone screen while it is turned off, you can see the individual LEDs of the screen I think? It’s my first red led light and white light does not show it that well.

Anybody checked measured runtimes yet? I don’t heave the equipment for real tests… but just from using the lamp the performance is great after a few weeks….

Just got mine in the mail yesterday. Ordered on Dec 11, so took 26 days right around the holidays. Not bad I’d say. Thanks Sofirn for a nice and affordable light.

The is a link to my review in my signature.