888th post GAW (mattlward WINNER!)

To anyone intending to use the stock driver with 2 cells, the above quote is in error (sorry Miller), this would allow each cell to get down to 1.7v before cutting off, way to low

oh yeah, NOT in.

Cheers David
Edit, Miller has corrected the confusion a couple of posts on, thanks mate.

Fewer rules, cook it to a nice medium bronze, illuminate the side switch, run two xhp50’s from a Zener modded driver, and give it a lanyard wrap grip.

No when it cuts off the cells are both at 3.3V

i will try 1 xp-g2 and 1 xm-l2 both on copper.

2 XPL HI’s for sure

It’s not large reflector but how about dedomed XP-G2 and XP-L HI as per this thread :smiley:

The Miller, this thread is going to turn into a nightmare of a mess if everyone can post 100 times, I like it }:slight_smile:

To use like a floodlight install wide TIR / matte glass and max Lm/current LED depending of size. Eg XP-L HI triple and LD-2. It’ very hot

A couple of ideas… So at least I’m in for this unusual giveaway… I’d even help chip in on shipping if I won, since I’m overseas…

Okay:
Depending on configuration and driver availability:

1. A high-power blood-tracking light? Ones I’ve seen have a mix of Cyan and Magenta emitters; maybe one of each for a long-range tracker? :DRUNK:

2. Replace one of the reflectors with an OP reflector and use normal XM-L/L2 emitters to get a smoother beam with the throw of the SMO?

3. Possibly nothing significant; maybe just parallel-connected XP-G2s via an e-switch QLite for single-cell operation.

Here’s the best idea though…

Install two of the lowest-output coolest-ultra-blue-tint LB emitters salvaged from other lights
Label as the G1400 and sell online for $150, because it’s TWICE as good as the G700!

“See? Two LEDs! Count ’em! TWO!!! Even the Navy Seals don’t get a light THIS good!”

Don’t put me in the Giveaway. I think I have messed with one of these lights before. Send it to someone like Dale and let him do his magic on it.

I don’t know about magic, but I am guessing that P60 reflectors and lenses will probably go in that light. So, possibly two triple somethings, like Nichias and build up heat sinks under them, to have someplace for the heat to go. Or, since it can run two cells, then two MT-G2 and a Mtn Elect driver.

And this is why we can’t have nice things!!

How about chop the tube to hold 2-18350’s and put on the gaudiest three prong attack bezels. Then we can call it the “Sawed off double barrel assault flashlight”

I’m in, just to make this bizarre GAW thread more complicated. I like Lichan’s idea in post 10, so I’ll support him. But if it were me, I’d put in one cool white and one warm white XM-L2, because I’m curious about combining disparate tints to take advantage of wavelengths from each one. Definitely in!

In for another vote of my previous comment. :-/

If the heads are about 1” (25mm) diameter dual quad boards would be possible. run 8 XPL’s 2s4p.

Nice ideas!
Here are some measurements

one side would get a warm white LED likely in a stippled TIR for flood, the other would get a dedomed XP-G2 for throw, and individually controlled.

864 posts, goes faster then expected, started this topic at 829.
Edit wow 887 posts.
Well we are going out for the day so tonight it is going to be winner time!

dual rgbw

replace the switch with two switches, two rgbw drivers, one triple emitter board with rgb and another with wiruv

2x triple xp-l hi