9-9 Updated in OP. 2nd Group Buy of Lumintop SD10 (SD4A)

Yes, it’s already posted, pls check the forum.

I see it now. That’s what I get for checking BLF before my morning coffee is ready :slight_smile:

Thanks Rey!

I m interessted and waiting…

Interested in NW but final price decide.

Thanks for update ;)!

Is this the same or will ours be different?

This looks fine, can’t wait for the GB.

There will be some changes or upgrades, pls check the 1# post. There are several thoughts.

The thing is, our light has no specifications written here at all, only some vague wishes :smiley: !

Put me down for interested

That’s because it hasn’t really started yet. :wink:

Please count me in for one!

Hi guys, I am also interested. I have almost decided to buy the stock SD4A, but there are two unknown things about this almost perfect flashlight.

1) Using XP-L HI Vx? x = 1, 2 or 3? It seems its not V3 since the max output from the official website is 920lumens instead of 1000.

2) The output modes are somewhat not so nicely spaced, ie 920, 510, 310, 35 and moonlight. Its either VERY BRIGHT or LOW OUTPUT, it is missing the “in between’s ” of 100 to 200. I understand that stepped values wont be able to please everyone, but wouldn’t it be nice to have a mode that can last from 730pm to 730am (ie. 12H min) for night activities (camping, hiking, search and rescue etc). Before someone comments that it has a 35 lumens mode that last for 51 hours (4 nights of 12h each), yes I do see it but wouldn’t it be a nice to have the SD4A to have a step higher that last 1 night only but at higher output? I am guessing somewhere around 140 ~ 160 lumens or so?

Guys honestly, how soon can we agreed on this SD4A Special Edition (SE)?

FWIW, my brightness level calculator tells me that, with 5 modes ranging from 0.3 lm to 920 lm, an even-looking spacing is:

• 0.3 lm

This changes depending on what “moon” actually means though. And I don’t know what the actual highest and lowest levels are, or how that changes with battery type, or how well the driver will be able to keep the spacing with different battery types, or … a bunch of other things.

So, this is mostly hot air. But I wanted to give numbers for an evenly-spaced cube-root curve in case it’s helpful.

Yep, seems like Thrunite TN4A XL-L HI got it close to this:
-Strobe (1050 lumens/150 minutes)
-Turbo (1050 lumens/56 minutes)
-High (520 lumens/150 minutes)
-Medium (120 lumens/14 hrs)
-Low (14 lumens/93 hrs)
-Firefly (0.2 lumens/80 days).

The current stock SD4A’s 510 and 310 is too close, the eye might not see a difference? What do you think guys? Put this into our feature wish-list? Maybe 1, 35, 160 (to reach 12hrs runtume), 510, 1000?

Also would there be a 3B tint of the XPL HI v3 (or better bins) that we can use on this baby?

If I understand correctly, this will be different than the stock light… and I don’t think WWEFANS is ready to focus on this yet.

I’ll just wait until the project is active again. Until then, I doubt any important questions can be answered.

I havn’t followed this much but would like to add. The Nitecore EA41 is similar but only AA batt. The spacing has been addressed quite nicely but they call ultralow no ff, turbo is 1020 w/xml2 1a. Strobe is flicker type, beacon, and SOS. The benefits of the “SD” would be the change of emitter, batts, and add moonlight plus. It would be a nice light probably $69 and under with GB. XHP50 and or MTG2 would make it a winner project IMHO

Looks like you’re right, its quite nicely spaced as well, Nitecore EA41 2015: 1 lumen (moonlight), 50, 160, 580, 1020. I think realistically it should be around $45 to a max of $50, hopefully.

I think the XP-L HI V3 (or better) should be nice for this project since it has a very good throw, just hope we can get a good tint around 1B. XHP50 seems to have too high a forward voltage of 5.75v or 11.5v would would make this 4 x AA work too hard to push the LED (1.2v x 4= 4.8v) leading to inefficiencies. The XPL HI on the otherhand only needs 2.95v. Not to forget, the whole reason this project is drawing attention is because this unit can be used with a 1 x D battery at 1.2v ~ 1.5v. Making it unsuitable to push the XHP50.

To add the feature list, looks like DTP MCPCB was part of Rey’s original wishlist, maybe a Sinkpad MCPCB will be nice :). But I am all good with whatever Lumintop has already since they have redesigned the outer shell to allow heat to dissipate, just like the Nitecore EA45S fins.

I m so excited, cant wait for Rey to focus on this project <:-)

Makes sense to me. I do like the “B” versions tint. I’ve never used a “D” cell in a modern small light so that is different. Sounds like a plan. Verify heat and lower price. Go Rey!

Specific tints can be difficult to source unless you buy a whole reel from Cree, which is way too many for most flashlight purposes. Given the choice though, usually tints just under the blackbody line are preferable, meaning “A” and “D” tints. The “B” and “C” tints tend to be a little green.