9 x XM-L flashlight ultrafire uf-f9

You are right, greater efficiency, but I don’t think the slight-improved efficiency is noticeable when using in practical, right?

Instead of that, please offer us at least 2A per LED… and that is what I call noticeable difference :wink:

The heat of bigger/higher mass really becomes an issue if there is no active cooling. The higher mass really takes time to cool down. I noticed this long ago with the HIDs, but the HID ballasts are quite tough apparently. Seems like the HIDs love heat (and the bulbs actually need heat and work better at higher effs). My LEDs (driver) break down more and for HIDs i have zero failures.

2A to the LEDs (18A total) for this is probably not doable. It’s something like the KD driver already. It’d just overheat.

Anyway, you said 2A, lets take the J12 and you drive at 2 amps. You get 3565L emitter.
With this 9 x T6, you’d get 3960.

Or you take a J12 and drive at 3 amps. 4685L emitter.
With this 9 x T6 @ 1.667A it is 5571L emitter.
Difference is 16%. Somewhat noticeable.

Yes actually thinking about it, the voltages must be different between the stock 5 and 7 LED drivers to get the LEDs to light up. The stock drivers are all similarly underdriven though, at least on high mode.

Yeah, I’m going to do the same :stuck_out_tongue:
The first time I saw the 5xXM-L version it was a WoW for me, and now XM-L’s are really cheap and common. It’s time for CREE to launch a new LED that replaces the XM-L and we all swap our light’s emitters.

I don’t get the point of this type of flashlights, if you want so many LEDs, you need active cooling and LiPo battery packs (the ones we found on RC cars and planes), but not 3x26650 in series!

Ya you are right, and good analysis by the way :slight_smile:

If compare X100 with this 9*XM-L of course there is brightness difference. The X100 has only 2 LED less than the UF 9T6. Says 9.5A for both of the lights, the X100 (7 XM-L) will give about 3192 emitter lumens, while UF 9T6 will give about 3528.9 emitter lumens, a difference of about 336.9 lumens. I don’t know if a 337 lumens difference is considered much or less in reality, since both of the lights already have >3000 lumens output. Beside this I believe the X100 still give better throw if not by much.

By the way, my estimation is based on someone (I forgot, sorry) in the forum who tested the XM-L, MC-E, and SST-50 output at different current level. I don’t know where to find this thread again, but I have already saved it into Excel for reference. Very good one.

Please correct me if I make any mistakes in my comment. I’m still learning :smiley:

Yeah, the spreadsheet is here for those who are interested.

+1

But I’m not using that one, and mine one is much more simpler than that :bigsmile:

I remember when I thought getting a light with over 300 lumens meant I would never have to buy another light and I would have the brightest light ever! Of course, that was what… a year and a half ago? How quickly things have escalated.

This is still a cool looking and interesting light, but I think I would go for the x100 first, but since I already have too many lights I will abstain from buying either one :wink:

Total light output is impressive. But with all those little shallow reflectors, is the luminous output being put to efficient use for throwing?
How much is lost due to the severely reduced size and depth of the reflectors?

Reminds me of a powerful handgun cartridge that is hobbled when fired through a very short barrel. Velocity and accuracy suffers greatly.

SkyRay.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/615793305-SKY-RAY-9-x-CREE-XM-L-T6-LED-Hot-Sale-High-Power-5000LM-5-Mode-wholesalers.html

We need a Trustfire X200 with 90mm head.

This is a light with a 75mm head (looks correct to me, if compare with 65mm of a Trustfire J12/J18 which has 26650 main tube). Not too small, not that efficient for throw of course but seriously not too small.

This 9 LED light reminds me of the mountain man’s breafast special at a country rest I once ate at. It offered 8 eggs and a 1/3 pound of bacon with hash browns. There comes a point where more is definitely not any better.

Noooooooooooooo! 8 eggs?

More is better if it’s 60 bucks. :slight_smile:

I feel at 9amps my Electrolumens ST90 is under driven..... It doesn't even get warm ....... :(

Manny: Are you satisfied with the Electolumens ST90? Does it really throw that well? Is the emitter the new version? How does it feel in the hand?
I sent an email with some questions to Electrolumens but never received a reply.
Thanks.

This would be great on the front end of a lantern setup.

With a big enough battery compartment, this thing could double as a helicopter flood light.

Hi

I’ve bought this flashlight Ultrafire. It’s my first LED flashlight. It’s not bad.

I’ve tested current with 3 26650 and i’ve rated 4.2A with cells fully charged, I don’t know if it’s good or not I’m noob about that.

The flashlight is bright, but I expect more, maybe it’s the maximum possible with this technology, I don’t know.

My previous flashlight was an home made HID with E55 bi-xenon unit from a car, 50w ballast, and 2 battery from drill ! not very beauty but not bad about brightness !!

I saw some have swap driver, It’s easy to do ?

Thank you

Now 12 xm-l