A bit warm here today - just peaked at 43.2C (109.8F) at 1.45pm

7A or 10A? (check your subject line) :bigsmile:

It must have been the inner me rebelling against exaggeration.

Not sure what time of the day that official data is from, yet gives folks an idea :slight_smile:

As this shows, we’ve had the warmest year for a sizable portion of the country for 2013!

It’s true to form, see below, so even taking a dip to cool down is an extreme sport here, who’s up for a swim ?

Don’t mention the Irukandji !

That sounds like a nice summer. :wink:
Our ‘winter’ here is quite boring. 8°C(~46°F) today . . . it is supposed to be more like –8°C. It barely freezes at night.
If you look outside, it could be October . . . or March, you really can’t tell. :wink:
I have to admit though, ~43°C is a little much for me. 25 would be plenty. :smiley:

It can’t be very refreshing to be sweating while you’re swimming.

We Canadians go swimming to keep cool.

For those wondering, yes, li-ions still function after sitting in a car for two weeks at –25c to –51c temperatures. I leave my solarforce with nichia drop-in in my vehicle and it sits outside. The light works like a charm every time.

16 degrees below here, and winter is just getting started.

Should be a good ice fishing season anyway.

Not as cold as our Canadian friends; nighttime temps have been hovering around 0 degrees(fahrenheit) in my neck of the woods.

drillbit

I didn’t, we still desire folks to come on down and pay us a visit upon occasion :wink:

I live in North Bay ON…set a daytime record the other day for like –40C in the daytime…and then the wind chill on top of that…it’s just nasty cold…

warmed up today though so it could dump 20cm of snow on us…then it gets colder again, but doesn’t look to get as cold for the next week…which is great…that –40 stuff is beating everything up

:smiley:
I’d love to visit Australia one day. But I guess it’s a good idea to educate oneself very well about the wildlife.
Venomous/dangerous animals (or even plants oO) are a strange concept when you are from a place where the most dangerous things are bee-hives and wild boar.

Maybe some of you could try something like this, must be cool to see it

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=25d355dc36e9

Or if you are feeling brave… J)

It was freezing here last night where it got all the way down to around 65ºF. I almost had to use a blanket but it was too warm so I used an extra bed sheet. Tonight should even be colder -- 64ºF. Oh no!

This is good news! I will be up at callander bay in a couple months. I assume the huts are out on the ice already with temps that low.

Read some CNN comments about the cold… :bigsmile:

It’s so cold that…

You have to break the smoke off your chimney
Your shadow freezes to the sidewalk
The local flasher was caught “describing” himself to women.
Lawyers have their hands in their own pockets.
You have to open the fridge to heat the house
Your false teeth chatter, and they are still in the glass!
Police tell a robber to freeze, and he does!
Our words froze in midair and we had to put them in a frying pan to thaw them so we hear what we were talking about.
People look forward to getting a fever
Mailmen watch out for both dogs and polar bears
We had to chisel the dog off a lamp-post
Pet stores are starting to sell penguins.
The snowman begs you to take him inside at night
The rock rattling around in your shoe is your toe
Polar bears are considering moving south!

Wiki-
Irukandji jellyfish were at one time thought to be in the northern waters of Australia only. Since then, according to a National Geographic documentary[5] on jellyfish, the species has been found in waters as far north as the British Isles, Japan, and the Florida[6] coast of the United States.

nice! Callander is a 5 minute drive from here…and yeah the ice is nice and thick with all the cold…

Ice fishing, “Canadian Style”

I don´t know why but it is reasonably warm in here.

It has been a VERY mild winter for two months now.

Best peak cold was only -14 on one day or so in my region. Now we have been in between -2C to +7C for like 3 WEEKS at least.

Daily MEAN temp for this region should be around -10C in dec-jan.

Ofcourse it gets sometimes to -35 but it is only for a day or two. -20 or -25 can last some weeks but nothing too extreme.

Now:

Well, can´t complain since I have electric heating - saving "tons" of cash 8)