A few beamshots - I need camera help

OK, so, this is my first attempt at using manual settings with my panasonic dmc-zs8

as far as I can tell, I used manual white balance set to 0, iso 400, F3.5 and some other setting is at 1/4 :Sp

the manual interface sucks, imho.

and so does the weather.

anyway, the photos look dimmer, and slightly warmer, than what I’m seeing in person, but I’ll look at them again on a different monitor tomorrow that has more accurate color.

distance to the dog houses/back fence is maybe 45 yards? For reference, those are the 2 large and 1 extra large dogloo houses where I’m aiming…

here we go

reference

crelant 7g5v2, completely de-domed xml2 on copper sinkpad that is screwed to pill. upgraded driver wires.

reflector

collimator, removed front lens, DX 66mm aspheric (~180k lux@1m :open_mouth: )

crelant 7g5v2, dedomed sst-90 green screwed to pill. upgraded stock driver wires. same heads as above.

reflector

collimator (~25k lux@1m)

UF-t20, nanjg105c 1.4A, de-domed xpe (~35k lux1m)

7g5v2 bone stock pill, same heads as above.

reflector

collimator

Torchlite SVD7, de-domed mtg2, 21k lux

I'm at work and can't see the full sized photos, but normally I try to do nights shots with the following settings.

ISO = 100

Aperture = 2.7 (or as wide open as you can, smaller numbers equal larger aperture)

Shutter Speed = 1 second

With your camera, you may find that you need to try Auto White Balance.

I don't know if you can change all those settings. I read your manual and it does not clarify those.

Try setting your white balance to daytime. Set your F stop to the smallest setting which you may have already. The higher ISO you use the pictures will get grainier. If your pictures are not grainy at 400 ISO which they dont appear to be, use it. The higher ISO you use, the shutter speed will have to be quicker to suit. From here play around with shutter speed using a tripod and your timer to get the picture you are after. Happy picture taking.

thanks for the tips. I’ll see if I can get them closer to what I’m seeing in person, and maybe learn to do mouseovers

I hope this helps. It took me along time to work out.

thanks,
very nice - especially this