Uniquefire HS-802 green

I modded (and subsequently sold) a green-emitter thrower using a Dongrui All-920 and a green XR-E emitter that was driven at 2.1A using a Nanjg 105c with 2 of the 7135s removed. It was bright at the time and I never received any complaints from the buyer. I don't know if it would handle long runtimes without burning the emitter, but it was impressive! Details here:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15870

I wonder why my green xr-es won’t go as high (current) as others have gotten with same driver. Definitely not the cells I’m using….

I bought highest bin xre green I could get from Mouser….

The Cree XP-E has a max rated output of 114 lm @ 350 mA

The XP-E2 is max rated to 122 lm @ 350 mA

Compare that to the XR-E rated t 67 lm @ 350 mA

+1.

And it’s a mod the OP could do with minimal effort/skill/tools.

And the Green XP-E still only takes a maximum of 1A (according to Cree, who could just be lying), meaning the existing driver should be “adequate”. At least “for now”…

I wonder if the reflectors are compatible?

i assumed you’re implying he should use white light. if you’ve hunted hogs, as I have (in florida), you’d know they don’t stick around for white light

green isn’t tacticool - it works

if you can’t tell this difference between a dog and a hog, or what is behind your target, green or white won’t matter

I can’t get over 1.4A because of the Vf.

sorry you got butthurt

if you want a lot more green light - sst-90

expensive, but worth it. very easy to de-dome.

despite the throw numbers, it is MUCH more usable than xpe/xre green because there’s just sooo much light

Big emitter, not certain it would fit the stock reflector.

good point

didn’t have to mod the 7g5v2 reflector, but I think I would have had to if I didn’t dedome.

I am using XP-E with ordinary Nanjg 101, works fine althout I did not do a runtime test (left it on max for a prolonged time)…

18.99 ebay 2 ours ago :santa:

Hi guys,

I build primarily lights with RED and GREEN emitters for hunting Predators and other critters at night. I just finished 5 Small Sun ZY-T13’s. Four with Green XPE-2 and a white one with XPG-2 for a hog hunter in Texas. The green xpe-2’s are mounted on copper sinkpads and I drilled and tapped the housing to screw down the stars with a thin layer of AS-5. The ANO was removed from the housing also. The greens are being driven at 2.1A. The output is an astonishing 85Kcd(148Kcd w/66mm aspheric lens). This is up from the last batch of T13’s i built with the old XPE held in place with AA epoxy and driven at 1.4A and put out a respectable 35Kcd. Even after 30 minutes of runtime the drop in throw is only about 2%.

The white XPG-2 is putting out about 151Kcd(334Kcd w/ 66mm aspheric lens) at 3.8A.

The T13 and lights with similiar reflectors produce a beam very well suited for night hunting.

The data sheets are good guidelines and have alot of good info, combined with the output graph’s that Match has done for us and newer assembly techniques these color emitters can be driven harder than ever before.

I have built a couple HS-802’s as well. The output of the stock HS-802 can be increased substantially. The brass pills are available. If you put a high bin xpe-2(red or green)on a copper sinkpad and drive it at 1.4A, you will not be dissapointed.

Note: Like dthrckt mentioned with a green emitter in a single 18650 light, much more than 1.4A and the Vf goes too high and the single battery wont work.

whoo hoo! guess i’ve been away too long, didn’t know xpe2 came in colors now!

sad part is, now I need to buy some and rebuild the lights I put together just a few months ago lol

PM sent . don’t wan’t to stink up the OP too much.

Yes, it is worthy.

Maybe kevin would hook you up with an xpe2 green on copper pad - you would only need to unsolder the wires to the current emitter, put a little thermal grease on the bottom of the new one, and solder the wires to it.

Not a bad idea.

I stopped selling red and green drop-ins for the c8 and hs-802. It takes a while to get the focus just right on these lights. Shims, spacers, filing, grinding, etc. Manufacturing tolerances from china are bad, bad on the cheaper lights. Would need to send the whole light.

Where did you get green and red XP-E 2 emitters?

Mouser

Done a red xp-e pill for my Solarforce M3, 1.4a driver for fox hunting.

Going to do a green one next just to try.

Cr*p, mouser is not accessible to me :frowning: but thanks for the info, I will just have to wait until others start to sale them…

Edit: Yes it is (mouser, accesible), but shipping is 20$ …