A Perfect Dedome?

compared to my Nitecore P12 with XML2 U3-3D on Nogtigon I estimate at 1100 lumens

oOOoooo pretty

I have absolutely NO idea why……but I giggled for quite a while at this comment!!

i know which led i should buy for bed lamp :money_mouth_face:

Here is my casual weekly mass dedoming: heat+ chamical method+ alchohol , when perfected it takes like 20 minutes with no tint shift due to the chemical

Still wet

They look like xp-g2 Mitko; old xp-g2’s :wink:

Of course they are good old stuff;)

Yeah m8, i got my hands of a S4 1A roll, i also got some S4 1D with even better hunting tint yet i do keep them for special occasions :slight_smile:

Wow!!… COOOOL!!!

Would love to see all those in action.

I tried a new one yesterday, on a XM-L2 with a seriously disfigured dome that I recently got from Fastech. Nothing to lose with this one.

It was cold out and I was too lazy to put on my boots and go out to the garage, so I just cast my eye around my den and….what’s this?
Hoppes #9 ? Why not?

Worked like a charm. :smiley:

6 hour soak, 99% isopropyl rinse, de-slime with the tip of a toothpick, perfect job. Plus it smelled good.

(For those non-shooters in the crowd, Hoppes #9 is a bore cleaner for firearms that has a distinctive and, to many of us, pleasant smell.)

Those famous XPGs, if only… I could…

XHP35 with a hot running muxture ot medical beznine, trimethylphosphate, kerosene, and coresiline

At last a 100% nice results, absolutely no tint shift, !a is even better than 3D

Like 22-24% better than Hi version , nearly no lumen loss( like 5-6%)

Nice work Mitko. Are you a chemist as well as flashaholic? :stuck_out_tongue:

When you say no tint shift you mean the 1A stays a 1A? I thought the tint shift was simply a result of dedoming not so much the method.

That is sweet! :+1: I take the phosphor off the pad leaving just the clean die, makes for a nicer hot spot less corona!

By “absolutely no tint shift” do you mean “I can’t see a tint shift” or “I used a spectrometer to measure no tint shift” because the two are quite different.

Yeah KawiBoy1428, yet Creee constantly change the emitters sillicone dome, in this XHP case 3 times already
However i am quite pleaces with the result- 230k cds driven at 1.5 amps in a L2 host- most ppl will like it over dded XPL

How so? Silicone composition ? I have noticed different dome designs, swirls, bee hive type rings, particles or air bubbles in the silicone dome, just thought it was an attempt to meld or obscure the Quad Die beam?

Have you found any E4-1A’s or Higher binned/cooler tints? I have done the E2-1A’s, E4-3C’s and E4-1D’s I like the 1A’s the best so far, so I have been stocking up on them and the (old) XHP50 and the XHP70 P2-1C’s they can have the new (improved :person_facepalming: ) versions, higher out put, higher efficiency, OP reflectors, (usable beam? ) dome on throwers, what a joke! Better Street Lights is all! :smiley:

If you do a mass de-dome soup of (any) of them, let me know, I’ll be your best customer!!! :+1:

Indeed, Cree is constantly on a moove considering Silicone composition , not only for XHP emitters.
So far E4 1A is the best for me, E2 is the same( when dedomed) but i dont have much exp with it, i have several E4 1D and i still havent tested casue of the 1A

Yes sir the 1A’s are the nicest by far!!! Where did you find the E4-1A’s? Please don’t tell me Cutter! :person_facepalming: