A Scratch Build For Fun! Picture Heavy! FINISHED!

thats a gorgeous build, thanks for sharing. :bigsmile:

Dan,

It's nice to finally see the finished light. Very well done, but I expected no less from you.Wink

When you say you coat most of them, so you send them out for Ano or coating, or do you do it all yourself?

Really nice build and thread, Thanks.

Nice build, and very good pictures made of it, a joy to read!

Thanks Justin, coming from a craftsman like you thats a real compliment... I can't do as good as you but I try to get close!! Thats why I have an Old Lumens collection and not a Texas Lumens collection!!!

For a long time I did my own anodizing.....Then I found a gent that did really nice work.... he is quitting now so I guess I'll go back to doing it myself. I have always done both of the other finishes myself. The aluminum anodizing is the pits. It takes 6 or 8 steps (more if you count them all) to do it right, depending on what you are after and you need to be almost surgically clean to avoid problems. BUT... I guess I'll go back to doing it. The lights have to have something!! The Moly and Cerakote make more of a mess but are faster and easier. The product cost more but since flashlights aren't rail cars then thats not really an issue.

Glad you enjoyed the build. I SURE have a new appreciation for you guys that document all these mods & builds. Whew! It slows a project to a crawl...at least for me. Thanks again. Dan.

Hi Texaslumens,
That looks like some awesome work your are doing there. Thanks for sharing and we do appreciate the pictured documentation. I know its time consuming but well worth it to share.
I wished I had documented several cool mods I have done, that I just worked right through until they where done. Then I stop and think to myself, You know that sure would have been nice if a had taken a few pictures. Keep’em coming TexasLumens. :wink: