A very sad day for me

Just wanted to share among my friends here that today I had to say goodbye to my 6 yr old dog, Emmy. She had become very ill a week ago and this week the vets diagnosed her with advanced lymes disease. She can't hold down food and her kidneys are failing. She is skin and bones and if she makes it through the weekend my ex is taking her to the vet Monday to put her down. She lives with my ex and the kids (17 & 10) and my ex offered me a chance to come and see her one last time.

My oldest is taking it pretty hard as she is really his dog and I am very proud of him for wanting to be with her when she passes. My litle girl is being very understanding and just wants to give Emmy all the love she can these next couple days. She is being very brave although I know she will be devestated after the fact.

It is such a hard thing to do. I was there when we had to put down our previous two dogs just a year apart from eachother. They both lived to 16 and were my first "kids". One of the roughest things I've ever had to do but am happy I was with them to hold them through their passing. Never easy to lose a 4-legged family member.

God,this sucks!!! :((

Johnny

JohnnyMac, I'm am so sorry. I've had dogs most of my life and can't imagine not having one - they are truly part of the family. I've had to put two down and those were the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. I feel for you and your family.

The worst thing about a dog is they just don't live long enough. Here's hoping the last few days are good for Emmy.

Dave

Sorry for your loss , JohnnyMac

Thanks, Dave :)

Just went through it myself. You feel so bad for the kids. Sorry everybody has to go through it.

sorry to hear that johnny. losing pets sucks.

Losing a long time pet can be like losing a human family member. I feel your pain, and wish you and yours the best.

JohnnyMack, you and your children have my deepest sympathy. I know the pain of losing a devoted companion only too well.

They don't last forever, even though yours is going too soon. You just have to take care of them while you have them and they will take care of you as long as they can.

deepest condolences - there is nothing to say except remember the good times and i hope it helps ease the pain.

I lost a treasured friend today
The little dog who used to lay
Her gentle head upon my knee
And share her silent thoughts with me...
She'll come no longer to my call
Retrieve no more her favorite ball
A voice far greater than my own
Has called her to His golden throne.

Although my eyes are filled with tears
I thank Him for the happy years
He let her spend down here with me
And for her love and loyalty
When it is time for me to go
And join her there, this much I know...
I shall not fear the transient dark
For she will greet me with her bark.

(--Author Unknown--)

That's the one thing about these animals; thier lives are just too dang short. Sorry for your loss and it doesn't go unnoticed, sharing some of what you feel with us.

Foy

I'm so sorry to hear. That really has me worried. My dog, whom I adopted from the shelter, was found to have lyme disease and anaplasmosis, --another disease brought on by lyme disease. Every year now he has to go on anti-biotics. I'm really sorry again for your loss. Here's hoping my pup is able to continue living a good life.

My own girl Buck is 15 now and though she’s a gamer, as I see her abilities diminishing, I realize that all too soon she will no longer be sharing my days at work, or picnic hikes, or any if the other numerous things I will miss when she is gone. Our pets love us so completely, it is only fair that we miss them so thoroughly.

Sorry to hear that Johnny. I lost two cats that were 12 and 10 within the same year. Took me a while to get over it. I now have two more that are 10 and 8 years old but the just don't live long enough.

So sorry for your loss Johnny.

Condolences Johnny Mac,I hate to hear stories like this.I know her life was brief but the good memories will last a lifetime.sorry to hear. DARC

That sucks ...

Its a shame to hear !

Good pets are hard to lose , I feel your loss ..

sorry for your loss. it'll be tough for some time.