AA Fans: New C88 XML @ Intl O

IS that light regulated??? Ie having constant output?? What is the runtime on 3AA eneloops and about how many lumens?

How do you change modes in this light?

- Click to turn on then HALF-CLICK to change mode or

- Click to turn on then FULL-CLICK again to cycle to the next mode until you can turn it off?

IS that light regulated??? >>> Yes, base on AMC7135*8 (Nanjg 105C)

What is the runtime on 3AA eneloops and about how many lumens? >>> Depend on resistance 3xAA adapter. see my #99

It's reverse clickly switch.

I received my C88 XM-L today after about a 4 week wait. It's solidly built and seems like it will be a decent light. I like it's simple design. The one serious flaw in this light is the AA battery holder. It's super crappy. It would barely run on high when first turned on, lots of flickering. I was getting around 1400ma at the tail, after a decent clean and adding magnets to the ends of the batteries to apply more spring pressure, I get just under 2 amps. It's ridiculous to include such a bad battery holder for the sake of saving 50c.

Just to update my last post, I unscrewed the head and to my surprise the pill dropped out. It's very loose, and there's no thermal compound. I was wondering why I wasn't feeling much heat in the body. I put some thermal paste in there which helped but it's a certainly not a good thermal path. There's probably room for some alu foil, but I don't know if that would be better or worse than the paste.

Welcome to the club, 88MPH.

Why thank you, sir :-)

Some updates. A Trustfire protected 26650 fits this but needs the spring cut down and you can’t quite tighten the tailcap all the way. If you get flickering, tighten the plate that holds the switch in the inside of the tailcap, mine was a bit loose. A pair of pointy pliars is good if you don’t have a proper pin spanner.

Also, on AA’s the current drops away fairly quickly as the vf of the emitter must be close to the battery voltage. LiIon is better in this regard. A lower vf emitter would help here. I was told by Int Outdoor that an upgraded battery carrier would be shipped at some stage but that hasn’t occured as yet.