Acebeam K70 & K50 V3

I believe that should be the resolution issue. I shown this video via iPhone 6s Plus to my old colleague, he can spots the smoke. He asked: Is the “white-blue moving things” in the chamber the smoke? I said YES!

I saw it for the first (left) one. I’d call it more of a haze, but it is barely visible. My guess is that some of the thermal paste is vaporizing due to excessive heat, but hard to know without looking inside.

It is not caused by thermal paste. The copper base is 32mm, and with the thickness of approx. 2mm. I compared it with the copper base plate of maxtoch 32mm for xp-l, this K70 base plate is far thicker and heavier.

The smoke or you call it haze, most likely is the flux which left over after reflow. Normally it won’t vaporized, but if overheated it will vaporize and turn into smoke or haze. I saw many times in my self mod. XHP70 emitters with insufficient heat sink.

Yeah, it could be flux vaporizing too I suppose… I’ve seen messy flux residue around the emitters of cheap lights, but I’d hope Acebeam could afford good residue free solder or at least use a flux cleaning solvent after reflow.

I guess I know the first thing I’ll need to check if the K70 I ordered 40 days ago ever shows up.

For what its worth, I encountered pretty much this same smoke problem with a K70 I received yesterday. In my case, it was definitely due to some contaminants stuck to the silicone layer that encapsulates the emitter die. After carefully scrapping off the then burned on contaminants and cleaning thoroughly with alcohol soaked q-tips the K70 no longer smokes.

Is there something wrong with the battery holder for K70? because I see BG listed this battery holder as a individual item? that never happened before…

Crazy ain’t it! I ordered 3 for my builds, I asked and BG supplied? Simple! :+1:

Just changed the ‘smoking’ emitter of 1A tint to 3C tint (E2 bin) from KD. The result? I love the tint so much, and would highly recommend Acebeam to provide option for this 3C tint as the colors rendered from the tint is soooooo nice:) The lumens? Almost the same with the original 1A tint, and throw is slightly lesser (< 5%), may be due to slightly out of focus?
Also, the “donut” (dark center) is slightly visible or “bigger” compared with the 1A tint side by side at the distance of approx. 7 meters onwards. I tried many ways to eliminate this donut, however it only can be eliminated when it is “out of focused” (or not exactly center’ed).

This Flux-Off is so good to clean up the reflow flux without leaving the residual. It is highly recommended!!!

Note: I originally bought a bare emitter, but KD said they have been sold out therefore offered me the one which already reflowed onto a 20mm copper star. They claimed that it is also an E2 3C, but the advertisement didn’t specify. Unluckily, even the reflowed E2 3C is now not available anymore, I can’t find by searching the KD’s website. (or else I would like to buy some more).

5000K (NW) vs 6700K (CW)

Did you reflow the 3C XHP35 onto the Acebeam MCPCB? If not, perhaps there is a height difference between the two MCPCBs leading to the out of focus problem you are describing.

I am using back the Acebeam MCPCB.
I have adjusted back to stock condition already and now is getting nearly the same Lux at 7 meters distance and the centre donut is barely visible, similar to the stock:) luckily I have one more that allows me the compare side by side.

One thing I tried is adding a 3M gasket to raise up the reflector and stock’s positioner, I actually get higher Lux from 7410 to 8010 at 7 meters. At 7 meters, I observed there is a very small and brighter center spot which is far dense than the original round hot spot. With gasket, the lumens fall from 230 to 210 Lux by same ceiling bounds setting.
However when I shined at 100 meters away, the raised reflector seems to be less dense (brightness) than the stock positioner without 3M gasket, therefore I removed away and adjust it back to original condition.

Acebeam K70 $129.00 wish dot com