Acebeam UC15 - brightest dedicated keychain light yet!

Well for me a keychain shouldnt compete with real flashlight at 1000lumens if u ask me… a keychain light with around 500lumens is more then enough for basic everydays tasks, if the need for such more lumen is needed then i wouldnt stick with a keychain light no matter how bright it is really but thats just me maybe . Atleast with usb port u can recharge it with a small power bank, when out somewhere and no power what will du do if no spare batteries? and also the price is way too high… for 60$ or less u can get a very good 18650 flashlight. So for the price they want u get a very bad deal. There is a reason why Tip/tini are so popular to buy.

I overlooked a key feature in the review. It appears there is a lockout??
As long as it is not a battery drainer, very good news.

There is a lockout in the current shipping firmware. From the OFF state, you hold down the power button for 5 seconds until the white LED flashes 3 times followed by a power down. Do the same thing to undo the lockout.

I have not had the light long enough to determine the level of parasitic drain (probably would take a month); certainly no noticeable impact on battery level after a week or so.

This can be determined by touching one terminal of a battery to the appropriate contact, and connecting an ammeter between the other end of the battery and its respective contact within the light. Sometimes the current is higher for a few seconds after the connection is made because the driver powers up and does stuff, so it’s important to wait and see if it changes.

FWIW, I’ve got the original version without lock-out and I measure less than 4uA parasite drain, nothing.

On the first version twisting the loop a few rotations manually locks it out.

Wonder how you know if you are getting the current version with lockout.
I will definitely ask. Just hope they know.

I asked a seller and he wasn’t aware of a new version as he said the light has only been out a few months.

Makes sense but it seems there are two different versions being discussed here.

Not a technical guy but got this response from company on parasitic drain in lockout. Is it significant?

“The power consumption of lockout is 8uA”

Bump on this ^ as I also do not know much about these values :person_facepalming:
Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

Received my UC15 today from Andrew & Amanda. It’s a quality offering in my opinion. Nice finish. I got a blue one, the color is great! The tint is pleasing, not cool white at all which I was afraid of. The red emitter is bright! I knew that going in, very nice if u have a need for it :open_mouth: The UV is adequate. So far just running it on NiMH, 250 lumens on high. I purchased some 10440 also and they sent some cheepos it appears, really disappointed. They are plain blue wrapped and 320 mAh only. Oh well. My light does not have electronic lockout. This is a nice light but I don’t think it’s worth $50 or $60. I paid $40 and would probably not do it again. My opinion might change when I pop in those 10440s. Haven’t bothered with the clip yet. 5 year warranty means it’s well made.

Question - I just checked the voltage of 10440 cells after running the light for a bit. They were both at 4.21 when I put them in. After taking them out , one was at 3.95, the other at 4.15! How does that happen? Bizarre. Any danger in that? Thanks.

tested again today. One came out at 4.15 and the other at 3.75? I don’t know much about electronics, but can one of the battery channels use more juice than another? Also, I’m having some connectivity issues with the 10440s, the button tops aren’t long enuf? Anyone else have these issues? Did u know this light will run on only one cell?

Hi Saypat, you may remember my previous post #17 -

I recommend a quick check to determine whether or not you’re actually running off of just one cell rather than both. Insert a battery in only one side and check if light works. Then insert a battery in the other and see if it works. If not then you’ve discovered the side with battery fitment issues. (On mine it was the left hand slot.)

My 10440 buttontop cells (eFest) were simple not tall enough, I wound up putting a small dab of solder on each and problem solved. Since the batteries run in parallel, there should be little danger of unbalanced cells.

Looks like you got the previous FW as I suspected from discount.

Besides actually trying the light, the only way to know in my case was to look at the instruction sheet.

Does anyone know if Banggood sells the revised Acebeam UC15 with the new UI already? The new UI has 5 modes instead of 3 and an electronic lockout feature. Unfortunately, there’s no information about the new version to be found on Banggood’s page. Most confusing is the fact that Acebeam sells the new version in the old outer box, so the new UI is not advertised at all and Banggood subsequently would not know about it.

So, if anyone has some hands-on experience, I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Not sure about Banggood but got mine from Fastech and it is the new (current) version.
I contacted Acebeam to be sure. Great light.

Btw. is there a valid coupon around for this light!? :innocent:

It should cost around $50.

I have SureFire Sidekick keychain flashlight. It only 300 lumens but the price is $55. Although, Acebeam is 650 lumens but I am feeling that both keychain light brightness almost same. I have listed my all-time favorite keychain flashlight in my personal blog 10 Lightweight but Mighty Keychain Flashlights of 2023. Most of them are cheap and I will recommend everyone to buy from popular brands.