Aggressive knurling

Almost forgot about this one, I leave it in my car and saw it today and since I don’t use it too often I forgot how AWESOME the knurling is!

DQG Tiny 18650 1st

It also is still my smallest 18650 flashlight. (91mm / Length)

I’ve read the DQG Tiny 26650 had great knurling too.

Yes, both the S41 and S41S tailcap work on the S42.

Thanks!

Houston… we have Lockout! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just afraid the SS version with the big chunk-O-brass is gonna be waaayy to heavy, three times heaver than the al.

I like your setup… al head with the SS tail for the switch, extra length and good knurl.

If D4 had good knurling I’d have bought one already. :rage: They have the tooling now, it’s done on the Ti version, they really should do a run of knurled al D4 tubes for us.

I remember these: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-grenade-flashlight?a=800759

Possible hosts:

http://www.budk.com/Thunder-V-Pineapple-With-Core—130-DB-Sound-Grenade—–12-Pack

Yeah the old Maglite knurling is pretty lame, I have a 6D and 3C.

I do like the block knurling on some of their newer models though.

Knurling on DQG 26650 Tiny III it looks great… Just like my 18650 Tiny 1st.

This thread has just prompted me to realise that I can use an S41S 18650 tube on a BLF A6. Thanks, guys - I really like grippy knurling, and the S41S version is the best I’ve seen.

Heading over to Banggood now for a couple more S41S 18650 tubes :slight_smile:

I know! I was thinkin the exact same thing yesterday! Gonna add some weight but I’m ordering one for my A6 as well!!

Although it was my other thread that made me realize it!: List of 18350 flashlights (currently available) - #23 by beam0

“the 18650 tube fits all of them S41/S42/S1/A6”

I also wish they sold the S41S 18350 tube by itself!

Well yes… but they’ve really come a long way from the old mags I have…

611lm for this e-switch 3C, I also like the coyote tan and foliage green colors in this series.

• Multi-mode electronic switch
  • Aggressive Knurled Design
  • Stealth Matte Finish
  • Advanced focus system (adjusts from spot to flood with less than 1/4 turn of the head)

The UI has 4 separate groups: 1, 2, or 3 clicks to change modes.

I believe this is their most advanced model, 1085lm and LiFePO4 cell… not to shabby actually:

My A6 is black, never got one of the bare “Non-anodized” ones but now I’m considering one just to color match the gnarly S41/42S extension tube!

Am I the only one who thinks Fenix lights fall into this knurl category?

it’s grippy
in fact I like the PD35 old grip a lot

But still I find my cheap sk68 clones have the grippiest knurl cuz they were so imperfect

This one had interesting knurling:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Regards,
Frank A.

I wish Banggood would make a stainless steel A6. They’ve already got the stainless steel tube and tailcap, as produced for the S41S, and they already have the A6 electronics. They’d just need to make a stainless steel head.

I’d buy a couple more stock A6s in stainless steel. If they offered hosts, I’d buy several of those as well.

For me the stainless lights are too heavy, they look pretty but end up being shelf queens. I’m hoping the A6 bare aluminum head and tail will offset some weight and make it light enough for pants pocket carry.

I’m not so sure this is going to work, maybe it only fits the S1? Unless they changed the threads on the A6?
The black tube shows all 4 lights but some posts here contradict that: BLF A6 / Astrolux S1 tube threads lego?

Phlogiston, have you actually tried an S41/S42S tube on a BLF A6?

Yes, I have, and it did work. More details on your other thread:

Thanks!

Gnarly! Ouch!

I’d like to see more lights constructed with “full body” knurling, like this one: