AliExpress Sofirn Official Store doesn't ship orders and doesnt respond

Well… Up to individual’s discretion…

Why not PM Moderators about that racist or name calling person.

Looking forward and more than happy that Moderators coming in to take a look at this post.

Sure… As I agreed with you few posts back that this should come to a stop.

Let’s see how someone will again and again bring up this post/thread.

We will find out soon.

Cheers.

Oh definitely personal attacks calling fellow BLF members clowns, and racist for attacking their english skills

When they are posting their personal experiences and FACTS with sofirn :wink:

@Bearbreeder, please drop the subject of Sofirn in this thread and all other threads. Your opinions have been made abundantly clear, and by this point it's only inciting misbehavior and arguments.

And for everyone else, please remember to follow the BLF Rules:

BLF Rules:

BY REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT YOU ALREADY IMPLICITLY AGREED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES:

1. Please don't be rude. Rude people will have their accounts deleted.
  2. Please don't use dirty language, please don't swear, and please avoid lewd or risqué conversations.
  3. Please avoid controversial or divisive subjects such as religion and politics.
  4. Please avoid fighting. If you or somebody else is losing their calm, please drop the subject.
  5. Please don't even think about spamming this forum. Spammers will be prosecuted.
  6. Please don't even think about using this forum for illegal activities. Criminals will be prosecuted.
  7. By registering an account, you agree to the BudgetLightForum.com Privacy Policy.
  8. All opinions expressed by users of this website may or may not be accurate, and as such BudgetLightForum.com does not officially endorse them. BudgetLightForum.com does not encourage risky behavior, and will not be responsible for physical, emotional, financial or other damages resulting from the use or misuse of any information or misinformation expressed herein. All users are encouraged to use good judgement before making any physical, financial or other decisions based on the information or misinformation expressed on BudgetLightForum.com.
  9. Have fun.

Noted with thanks Mod. Will definitely abide to rules.

Protected batteries … noted :wink:

Recieved my 11.11 order of BLF LT1 and IF25 today, straight in the mailbox. Works well, thanks Sofirn. Definitely can’t get something this good for the price in my country. Can’t get something this good at any price I think.

Maybe someone can explain, but this does not make sense to me. If the store cannot change stock, how could they oversell, unless they had overspecified stock from before?

Also, during 11.11 I definitely noticed stock levels changing. Stock was nearly out, then later more would appear. So is AliExpress doing that??

Something doesn’t add up.

AX isn’t a particularly friendly site to buyers, and I don’t think it would be far fetched to find that the same applies to sellers as well.

What I suspect — and this is purely conjecture based on what is written — is that AX requires sellers to commit items for sale during the big promotions, and doesn’t allow them to alter those terms when it is in progress. If a seller does not enter a realistic figure into the item’s inventory count (“pieces available”), then they can be caught out by not having actual stock, with no way to declare the item out of stock, or prevent further sales for inventory that doesn’t exist. Note that AX also acts as a less formal B2B/bulk platform as well, for those who run drop ship businesses, so that’s why the quantities can seem out of whack for a retail consumer market.

Sellers get dinged by AX when order cancellations are initiated by them, and of course, customers don’t like to have arbitrary cancellations sprung on them either.

The “workaround” that less scrupulous sellers use is to let the orders stand, and transmit bogus tracking numbers instead, to satisfy the timeline requirements, and buy/stall for some time for them to either procure stock and ship it late, or eventually just take the hit and cancel the order themselves.

Could they have been more transparent? Certainly, but there are probably myriad reasons that explain why they, and others, aren’t.

Of course, the basic duty falls upon the seller to produce, or procure sufficient quantities of items to meet the projected demand, and see that that is accurately reflected in the inventory figures and on the sales platforms.

So, it is disappointing to see Sofirn to employ such a tactic, and drop themselves to the level of any number of random, less reputable sellers on the AX platform.

Going forward, the question is whether they learn from this experience, and work to prevent it from happening in the future. It usually takes time and effort to build a good reputation, but little to destroy one.

I doubt anyone here wants to see them fail in that regard, but it’s still up to them to act accordingly.

Sooo… implying false initial declaration of stock (phantom)?

Damn right.

Ordered SP33 v3 30.11 from Sofirn’s Aliexpress store. Nothing happened for several days. Sent a message to Sofirn about this. Got a tracking number. Today the tracking says shipment cancelled. Not looking good for Sofirn…

If you are going to ban someone for posting personal experiences with a particular company with shady shipping practices then go do it

In fact i have received a few PMs of support on the “protection” of some of the brands and sellers on BLF, particularly those with business dealings wit BLF

This is what BLF has become, censoring of personal experiences of shady business practices to protect some brands

So go ahead and ban me, its not hard to have another account or two

Oh and i didnt even mention SOFIRN ( till now)

Heres a little parting gift … the sofirn reviews are paid for from members here :wink:

I’ll leave Bearbreeder’s posts intact for the sake of transparency.

So, allegedly I (BLF) make secret deals to protect certain vendors and then somebody sends Bearbreeder a PM to inform him about these underhanded tricks. Just mull over that logic a little bit.

Not to protect the brands, but to protect the peace and the user experience here on BLF.

I invite anyone who is still concerned about these allegations to search BLF or browse through the long threads here discussing major issues and complaints with the very vendors that Bearbreeder was harping on. The very fact that you are able to do so on BLF is very revealing about the truth of the matter.

This will be my last comment on this matter. Please continue discussing the subject of this thread. Thanks!

Just some info:

I purchased a SP36 BLF LH351d through AE Sofirn Official Store on 11/11. It just arrived 12/17 (west coast USA).

I originally got a bad tracking number.

I got an accurate tracking number through messages (I never contacted anyone, they just sent it to me).

I bought another light (different model) 11/29 through the AE Sofirn Official Store. It has not arrived yet, but the tracking number (accurate since day 1) suggests only a few more days.

This is all within my expectations for AE purchases (pay for an item, expect to see it within 30-60 days, do not expect tracking to work).

My assumptions are that some lights were not in stock and took a few more days to ship.

I don’t think Sofirn should lie about tracking numbers, if they are trying to be a ‘reputable’ company.

I think any buyer should expect stuff to happen with AE purchases. It’s not Amazon ofc.

Overall, if I had never seen this thread, this transaction would be indistinguishable from 90% of my other AE purchases.

Just another useless anecdote for anyone worried about their purchase.

I’ve tried to contact Sofirn with Aliexpress, email and messenger. Not a peep out of them. Last time I shell my money to Sofirn. I have hundreds of transactions in aliexpress and this is by far the worst case.

Dude go get a life. Making a hundred comments to bash a company for some stupid sh*t is just pitiful. I bought from them on 11/11 and I don’t know if they gave me real or fake tracking but I received them in reasonable time as I always do from them (considering free shipping through slow boat). If you want fast shipping then pay more and buy locally or just don’t buy from Sofirn. If you don’t want to pay for VIP service, don’t expect VIP service.

Well, I’ve been patient, but now I’m livid. Frustrated with Sofirn’s lack of response, and absolutely furious with AliExpress’s useless customer service, false allegations, and delay tactics.

• Placed two orders with Sofirn on AE on 11.11. Both advertise a guarantee “Delivered before 12/7 or full refund.” Clear, right? Hold on…
  • Dec. 7 rolled along and still no package, so disputes were filed for both orders for refunds.
  • Sofirn’s only response to the disputes was to reject the refund and ask me to wait. I rejected that proposal, and simply asked the guarantee be respected. Since then, no communication.
  • On Dec. 12 AE ruled one order’s dispute valid and issued a refund. A few hours later, the other order was ruled invalid allegedly due to it being detained in customs (false), without providing evidence.
  • Kicker: both orders were shipped together with the same tracking number! How can one be valid and the other invalid?? Customer service continually dodged the question saying case management team would respond.
  • On the AE dispute, I provided a screenshot from the postal service showing the package was processed through customs promptly, plus mentioned the other order’s dispute which was judged valid.
  • On Dec. 22, AE finally replied to the dispute with THE EXACT SAME INVALID JUDGMENT as on Dec 12, claiming the package is detained in customs. Literally copy/paste. No evidence. They either did not read a word I wrote or ignored it outright.

Note that every AE judgment starts a 5 day timer for more negotiation, which is useless with a non-responsive seller, plus an additional 48 hours for AE to respond. This means each exchange takes about a week, making it a perfect tactic for wasting time and running down the clock. Customer service can’t seem to do anything other than repeat what is already known and issue “speed-up” tickets for case management.

The main question they repeatedly ask is whether the package has been received. They ignore the fact that any eventual delivery is irrelevant to the on-time delivery guarantee!

Claiming customs issues is clever because that falls under the buyers responsibility to clear it or pay taxes. There is NO indication of that being the case here. I confirmed this from the tracking and by calling the post office. The package arrived in my country on Dec. 4 and was processed through customs on Dec. 6. It seems the local postal service lost my package, at least temporarily, since the target delivery date was Dec. 11, which still would have been past the on-time delivery guarantee. Now they have suddenly found it and it is expected to be delivered within the next couple of days. Let’s see…

Sofirn is giving the silent treatment, AliExpress is playing dumb, and everyone is wasting time and failing to respect their own word: the Buyer Protection on-time delivery guarantee which they specified. Beyond frustrating.

Previously I might have been willing to be accommodating, but given the behavior displayed, I will not let this go. I will continue to insist the guarantee be respected in the dispute. I will also keep an eye on the approaching deadline for a credit card chargeback as a last resort.

It boggles my mind how such a straightforward case is still an ongoing issue. Even with a precedent!

I wonder if AE itself is also part of the problem.

I noticed that many AE seller that I have similar issues with, replied to me as if they have never talked to me ever, even though I have asked them many time about items failing to deliver. Edit: Well, not just the one that I got issues with, but that also happens when I do the inquiry on the product. Like wtf, why do I have to repeat myself from the start everytime we talk. :weary:

I wonder if the sellers gets to see the chat history that occurred on the previous dates at all. :question:

One more thing is that AE has two separate chat system (i.e. old vs. new) which contains a totally separate history. How seller responds to me is also totally random and that might also be the cause for missing information. Oh and sometimes the buyer’s and seller’s name are not even displayed properly.

I raised disputes on my two orders, then one actually showed some movement, and then showed up :slight_smile: So I cancelled that dispute, and AE agreed with my second dispute and I should get a full refund. I wonder if the 2nd order will still show up?

I think it’s poor business practice for a seller to issue false tracking information. That said, I have never failed to receive an order from Sofirn in a reasonable (for an item shipping from China) amount of time. I generally just ignore the tracking information since it’s essentially useless anyways. The items always show up eventually.