ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

It’s just a shame that they are increasingly difficult to find!

you are correct in that one. I wish i would have bought them all, definitely worth the money.

I found a supplier on DHgate but that one doesn’t have much choice and charges much more than the dealer I had on AE. But I keep my eyes open…. :wink:

I also have an eye on that Brother 1601. Very interested in its quality compared to Ganzo/Enlan/Sanrenmu.
Never heard of Brother before.
Wondering if manufactured in any of same factories as Ganzo/Enlan/Sanrenmu…?

same here, I will always snatch up twosuns knives

I finally received my order from new dealer HengSheng [link] today (ordered on 3/30/2016):

Gerber 342, 65mm blade, 3cr13mov steel, steel handle, quick opening, frame lock
Kershaw 1730ss, 76mm blade, 8cr17mov steel, bead blast steel handle, SpeedSafe assist, frame lock
Kershaw 3800 Shuffle, 53mm blade, 3cr13 steel, nylon fiber handle, liner lock

All three for $24.20. :partying_face:

For further comments see here [link].

Ganzo G801

for those looking for shipping world wide
I purchased this knife a month ago, and the shipper now asked me if I wanted more (4 knives available)

Received this Ganzo G7391-CF from DHGate awhile ago.
Very happy with my purchased as I was disspaointed with my first Ganzo, the G704 that I received from Gearbest sometimes last year.

The smooth CF scale is almost free of any voids or sharp edges, although the smooth scale makes gripping the knife with wet palm can be an issue.
The blade is well centered, flips smoothly and locked solid without any play.
As usual, I’m not very fond of the axis lock. Any axis lock that is, especially new out of the box. Just user preference.

As I just sold my ZT 0562CF late last week, I can’t make any comparison of the 2 CF scales.
Although from memory and photo, the CF scales on the ZT are much better built and finished, as expected from a knife that is retailing more than 10 times of the Ganzo.

Below are photo of the Ganzo and size comparison with my other budget Chinese knives.

From top, Snakehead XJ10, Ganzo G7391-CF, Enlan EL-04 MCT, Harnds CK6013 and Sanrenmu F1-723

That snakehead XJ10 is a great flipper, just needed to sand some rough edges and it was a nice heavy folder.

Indeed it is a nice heavy folder.
Wish mine has a stronger detent as sometimes the flipping feels a bit sluggish

i had to take mine apart and clean it.

Wow. I am suprised to hear of any disapproval in regards to the Flag-Ship 704 knife from Ganzo. Was there something about the 704 you did not like? Or was it just bad dealing with Gearbest?

I thought only mine need some cleaning when I received the light.
On my set, they put too much lubricated oil on the pivot/bearing that the oil seeped out to the blade and handle during shipping.

None of my knives arrived like a bodybuilder covered in oil, except this Snakehead :smiley:

Mine came with the blade off-centered, with one tiny part on the blade touching the frame which left permanent mark on it.
The G10 scale also has a mark on it, which almost looks like a burnt mark.
Not sure if my G704 is a used/returned set at Gearbest or Ganzo QC missed out on these flaws.

Really polar opposite quality of my just received G739CF

Got it today… I just love it.
So nicely made. Good replacement for my Sanrenmu 710+

Has anyone found a knock-off of the Wayfarer 247?

The Ganzo 7041 came today. It’s the upgrade version of 704… WOW! Can’t find a thing wrong with it. I mean it opens and closes effortlessly. Blade is straight and centered. Perfect.

Blade closes with the slightest lean/flick after dis-engaging lock. Axis lock is right on. Not too tight as I know they can be. But, in the past, I have adjusted over tight axis springs to my liking no problem… but this one doesn’t need it. First Ganzo received that doesn’t need any adjustment whatsoever. Yes, they got it right.

Add to that dual bronze washers and stonewashed blade. What’s not to like?

Very happy with this sample from FastTech. Shipped April 16, received today. $17.03 shipped with Priority Direct upgrade. Bet they come out in colors soon. Black right now.

Never heard about Olamic Cutlery…just WOW!! Very very veri nice badass folding knives!! :smiling_imp:

I was rather astounded by them as well. IMO, they carry a ludicrous price tag, but a combination of a few details make them look distinctive enough to differentiate themselves among the crowd. Lets hope some quality knock-offs appear on the market soon.

I prefer the scales and finish on the pic I posted above, but here’s a decent review:

Another write-up: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1373461-Olamic-Wayfarer-EDC-Review

I recently got my Enlan EL01 from Gearbest. Coffee edition, it’s my new favorite knife. For the price a definite win.