ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Thank you very much for all this explanations, guys!! :smiley:

I can’t wait to get mine.

200g

Ouch. It must be build like a tank. A good and a bad thing.
Thank you.

I’ve recently got a few fun ones, autos and stuff. I’m stoked to have a HAP40 Delica also, and I got the Des Horn for $62 black Friday.

The orange Delica looks great!

Thanks! The one on top is a numbered safety orange, and the bottom one is the burnt orange HAP40 Japanese “super steel”. Both are sprint runs.

Great stuff from my favorite knife maker!

Mine too. How many companies that big can you go to their forums and casually chit chat with the founder.

Here’s my current EDC.

Yep, founder, and businessman with integrity. What is that little Spydie?

The Manix 2?

Or the Des Horn with the autos above? This is my first Taichung. The finish is ridiculous. $62 was a score.

Oh, and here’s the money shot on that safety orange Delica. I paid $10 extra to get the numbered one. It’s more rare I guess. It’s a sexy beast lol.

Great catch on the numbered version.
I’ve seen some out of production Spydy with numbered version selling at a premium over their plain version.

With the interest of keeping this thread clean this is my final response to any future posts concerning the morality of buying counterfeit knives.

There are many who agree with your opinions and there are many here who buy the clones with fake OEM logo’s. Even though I may not agree with all the points of your perspective, I respect your views and opinions. However I feel this thread and this forum is not the stage to disseminate the topic.

-

This forum has only 9 rules, and I’m afraid this conversation has entered into the territiory of Rule #3: Please avoid controversial or divisive subjects
And some comments also could be interpeted as a violation of Rule #1: Please don’t be rude

For me this is a fun thread and thankfully many here post their experiences and assessments of the clones they bought, whether or not they have counterfeit logo’s, fake factory boxes and paperwork. One reason this thread is fun is because the morality issue is avoided and it’s just talk about the knives. So let’s put the subject to rest and move on with discussion of the knives only, and embrace BLF Rule #9 :slight_smile:

-

It seems you took my simple comment out of context, I did not write that to snub you, but merely to avert confsion: One of the two links in my post had knives with the different color handles, and I misinterpreted that you were referring to that vendor. My apoligies.

-

Thank you for all the information.

Thanks. I scored a numbered blue ZDP-189 Stretch too.

Oh, and a super blue Manbug. Another Japanese super steel.

But I also have a Stretch in super blue!

Really great Spyderco collection. I meant the Manix. I should have recognized it, I had a blue one. It is obvious now. I had and loved the blue Stretch too. I really cut back on knives, but miss those a lot. I kept my PM2 and Pacific Salt.
Heck of a score on the Des Horn!

Is there any difference between this HAP40 “super steel” and CPM M4 in real life use?

I’m no steel genius but my understanding is the two steels are very similar. They are supposed to have similar characteristics in real world use. One’s made by Hitachi in Japan and one’s made by Crucible here in the USA. I might buy another one and EDC it if they become less scarce, but this Delica is a safe queen.

I think there’s a PM2 sprint run with jade G10 done in M4 steel coming out. BHQ exclusive I think? Someone’s exclusive.

The next one I buy to carry is going to be the “Blurple” Native 5 in S110V. The 2015 forum Native is sweet too, and they still have a bunch in stock straight from Spyderco. $108 shipped with the FORUM2015 code if it’s still good.

Thanks Racer. This page just caused my keyboard to be droolafied.

Seriously though, congrats on all the new toys. Really sweet stuff. :)

Thanks! At some point a little voice said “Psst, you’re single now, nobody has to know” lol :slight_smile:

Not sure if your still following this thread, could you post a link for this Knife? Thanks