ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Just measured my viper, 93mm blade, 90mm cutting length. You could consider a Military clone or an Enlan EL-01? Look up some hard use videos on YouTube.

+1 on the Enlan EL-01. Overall an awesome knife for the price and a must have Chinese knife.
Enlan EL-04 MCT is also on sale. Overall, very nice, micarta handle but the axis spring is a tough SOB.
I received last week the EL-07 HT and I’m very impressed with it. Perfect fir and finish, love the look.
Have also a look at the Sanrenmu 9063 on Fasttech. Really nice. A bit smaller blade length but huge belly.
For heavy duty Ganzo G720.

I have a couple of EL-01’s and also a 9063. Excellent knives. If I recall, my 9063 had 12C27 steel. It is a very capable knife.

Yes that EL-01 looks nice

I choose the Ganzo 727 over the 720 because the blade is longer
Gave that away today and grabbing the 724M afterwards it felt just too small. I am so used to the 727 I discovered then, it is my EDC since it arrived. Happy to be able to get another for just under $12
The clip is also very useful.

EDIT ooh this enlan EL01 looks very nice, easy to open also.
http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_238099.html
Edit no the protruding metal part to open it don’t like that and don’t like I need the special 400+ bit set to work with it (or their separately sold tool)

I have to agree, it is a PITA that the Enlan EL01 needs a special tool for the pivot screw, it didn’t stop me from buying 2 of them but it spoils an otherwise flawless knife!

These Enlan, Harnds & Sanrenmu’s are absolutely nice sharp knifes especially for its price, but the 440C steel of the big Ganzos is much better, the blade is sharper ! :wink:

They might hold their edge longer but some of my sharpest knives from the factory are Sanrenmus.

If I remember correctly, the pivot screw on Enlans can be easily moved by common chuck from almost any drill – it fits perfectly.

Here is the tool for the EL-01, just £3.66 / $5.10 delivered.

My mate 8steve88 has this tool and says it works perfectly.

http://www.gearbest.com/multitools/pp_259135.html

This is what I use. It works well for my EL 01.

Yes it is available but also highly annoying one needs it.
I have a set with 400 bits no Philips, flats only strange and obscure bits.
Bought it at DX when there website was dealextreme so long time ago.
And there is a row with bits with three (so like average of flat and Philips.
Still tempted. When the wood is less then $14 I buy it :wink:

I will try this, thanks for the tip!

Ask and you shall receive :wink:
Use the discount code EL01C and it will bring it down to $12.99
The code EL01A bring the regular black G10 plain edge to $10.99.

I paid over $18 on Fasttech for the wooden one back before GB carried it and it was worth every penny. At $13 it’s a bargain. I’m not the type that likes to have multiples but at this price I’m tempted to get a second one, either for myself or for a gift.

The code Didn’t work for me

Just tried and it works just fine
http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-and-folding-knives/pp_238101.html
go to check out and enter the code EL01C, click apply.

Thanks, ordered. Code worked fine for me, hope it wasn’t a one time deal :wink:

Incredible prices for those knives.

Wow OK I will order 1, thanks!

The EL01A GearBest code to get the for $10.99 a piece, can be used more than once, as the only restriction is to order 1 knife in each order
Thanks for the the GB code :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t need one with a G10 handle for $10.99 and I don’t need one with a wooden handle for $12.99. The one I need the least is another G10-handled one. So, I guess that means that I’ll just have to get the EL01C.

You guys are just killing me!

Thanks! }:slight_smile: