ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

I also have one of those CH3504s but in green. It’s a fine folder for sure with a practical blade shape.
I’m quite tempted to order another one in the new bronze color or in yellow.

buwuve - these look great!! Can you give the links please?

+1
Maybe this will be the time I’ll buy finally a SRM 7010!

Another user asked for per PMand I can copy my answer to him:

Some wrote Sanrenmu 710 (maybe because this is much more famous as the new names with the additional 0). The prices are also high if you compare this with the prices in Asia for the “usual” versions. You have to pay around 22€ (G10, orange, camo) 23€ (camo) within local shipping in Germany. Shipping to foreign countries it cost 27-29€. Maybe the Poland version is cheaper (haven’t translated the page or exchnaged Zloty into Euro).

If a few people want one, and shipping without tracking would be ok, I can order some and ship these to you (it cost 2-3€ less).

The Shops in Germany offer these on ebay.de and on there on shops:

First shop
ebaylink
www.ebay.de/itm/Exklusive-Sanrenmu-7010-710-Exclusive-Edition-2016-limited-/282212388514#shpCntId

Own shop link (the knife is cheaper, but the local shipping costs are higher)
www.gatzetec.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=7010&XTCsid=3d59a6a0ae889a1a0a0f484007583d45

Second shop:
on ebay (don’t have an own online shop):
Söldner-Messerladen | eBay Shops_i.html?_nkw=sanrenmu+710&submit=Finden&_sid=358909439

The shop in Poland:

Cheers mate. I’m out, too pricey. Thanks anyway.

Looking for a bit of help, what type of knife would this be called, I would like to flip open the blade with just a flick of my wrist. No flipper or spring assisted. The blade can have a thumb stud or not, but it would need to flip open without even using the thumb stud. And It has to be a liner lock.

Can you guys point me to the right direction where I can go find some of these knives or links of recommendations please. Its gonna be a gift for a buddy that lost his knife recently during a camping trip, and he was super bummed.

Sounds like a gravity knife maybe?

Nope, i think its more like a really large foldable kukri.

Boker kukri

It’s called: Canada Customs just seized my package from China containing a couple of regular cheap knives because they can be opened in that manner and therefore are Gravity knives and therefore illegal here! :smiley:

Ah ah, sorry about that, had to take a cheap shot and Canadian Customs because that’s the main reason they seize knives.
It is getting pretty ridiculous. They’ve kept 4 or 5 of my packages in the last 6 months or so because of that. An those were just regular knives, Ganzo type stuff.

What you are looking for is called a Gravity knife.
Realistically, most low cost knives (and even some more expensive ones) will have a weak detente and can be opened in that manner, I can open all of my Ganzos, Enlan, etc… like this.

Thanks all. I’ll search gravity knife then. The one and only ganzo knife I purchased acted this way also. I forget if it was because I loosened the screw or I got a defective knife, none the less, I liked that it was a gravity type knife. But I forget what model ganzo that was, and I’ve lost the knife now also.

So does all ganzo’s act this way?

It’s not a loose pivot or defective knife.
In my experience, most low cost knives can be opened that way with the pivot tightened properly so you don’t have blade play.
Of course, if you over tighten the pivot, then it won’t but the knife will also be really hard to open via its regular method.
I can open all my Ganzos and Enlan that way and none have blade play. Some require a bit more force in the wrist, some a bit less.

Honestly I have never heared about a knive, that is intenionally build and constructed to get opened just by a wrist flick.
So maybe there will be something more to learn here. :student:
As far as I know, a knife that is possible to open in this way, is an indication for a considerably weak detent ball, or some kind of signifcant super heavy overbuild monster blade……, or even most likely a somewhat tiny mixture of both factors. :innocent: :slight_smile:

The only knife I own, that, since it jumps out of the box, was and still is completely (!) to open very easily just by a “normal little wrist flick”,
is the 8 oz. heavyweight Ganzo G722.
!!

When holding them in locked position, at my Ganzo G717 the blade is to loosen with a quite tough swing down of the forearm and completely to open only with a really strong swing of the full arm, and the maximum to get out of the Ganzo G704, was even a loosen blade.
At all of my other, mostly liner locked, Ganzo, Enlan and Sanrenmu knifes, to stay in very low priced section, no matter what you flick or swing and how strong you do it, absoluely nothing happened, but you might risk some muscle strains. :wink:

Sure that the knife your friend lost, wasn’t maybe an axis lock type, cause with a decent lock build quality nearly all of these, even the small ones, can be opened with a really tiny wrist flick, by holding / grabbing it in delocked position?

With a little training I can open my Ganzo 7533CF with a wrist flick.
With other Axis lock knives that worked for me, too.

Oh and of course any button lock knife like the Real Steel Griffin, just push the putton and shake out the blade.

My colleague sometimes likes to show off his wrist action and flings open knives without the flipper/thumbstud. The circular motion looks really cool and fancy, but I’m just afraid if his fingers slip, the steel and G10 construction will fly at the glass wall and end up on the concrete ground 7 floors below.

Schrade 401L sold out on Amazon!

They must be wondering where did all these sales come from :smiley:

I wouldn’t worry about the concrete.
But I would worry about any soft target in the thrown knife’s way…

A new review, the sister of the 710/7010, the Sanrenmu 733/7033.

http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/2016/11/review-sanrenmu-7337033.html

The same for me, too much money for it.
Thank you anyway :+1:

I’m not sure if this has been posted before but I don’t see it in the past few pages. Food for thought if your knife is intended for defense/retention.

http://www.mdtstraining.com/test-your-tactical-folding-knife/

Review and cutting tests VS a multipurpose folder knife!.

http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/2016/12/review-multi-tool-card-vs-traditional.html#more