ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Made the mistake of ordering the Y-Start JIN02 from Gearbest. Ordered Jan. 2 for shipment Jan. 3, product page said 25 in stock. Every day the product page says the knife is in stock but keeps pushing out the delivery. Today customer service asked me to wait another 7 to 10 days. Or I could pick a replacement, or have the price refunded to my wallet. Told them I paid via Paypal, so refund to Paypal.

Went through this with them in 2015 over two knives — Paypal finally refunded both payments. Second time, shame on me. There won’t be a third time.

Yeah, not sure what’s going on with them atm. I placed an order for the F729 a couple of weeks ago and they still haven’t shipped :frowning: Knife shows in stock.

Just pulled the trigger on my very first Ganzo. I love flippers and bearings so I ordered the G7522. It was actually the same price (within a few cents) on Amazon with Prime shipping as it is on FT and GB so I only have to wait until Tuesday to get my knife! :+1: I primarily carry Kershaw but this one looked really nice and for under $22 with Prime shipping I just couldn’t resist. I’m sure there are a few of you that have this one so how’d I do?

Nice. Good price for sure, when you don’t have to wait 3 weeks to get it ! I think I paid slightly more for the G7533 from DHgate.

You did good! I’d been waiting for the G7522 price to drop on GB for months, but no such luck. Getting it with Prime for nearly the same price is a no-brained for me. Just ordered it on Amazon since seeing your post. Thank you! I should be looking there more often since once in a while a good deal like this one can appear.

Thanks…and your welcome. :+1:
It’s not that often that a super deal shows up on Amazon but it does happen. I picked up a Kershaw Skyline for $21 that way but I think that was just being online at the right time. It had been in my cart for a month or so and when I logged in I got a notification that an item in my cart had dropped in price. Seeing the Skyline so cheap I bought it but an hour later when I went to get another the price was back to $41…

I just got a review done for the Enlan EW080. I figured I’d throw it up here in case anyone isn’t subscribed to me… and plus it’s a review of a budget blade.

Budget blade? Bout time. J/k I like all the reviews. Keep em coming.

Itching to pull-the-trigger on something....

Anyone think either of these are a 'must have'?

I already have about a dozen or so Ganzos, Enlans, a couple of Sanrenmu's and Bucks...

HARNDS CK7006A

BUCK 480

I wouldn’t say it’s a must have but if you’re looking for a very large heavy duty knife, the Harnds is a good one.
The buck you’ve listed has good reviews and seem to be a solid small fixed blade. Just be aware that it’s not a real Buck.

I figured the Buck was a copy...thanks!

If it wasn’t too big for me I’d get the Harnds Talisman.

But I got a $10 coupon from a dhgate survey so I just had to get the SRM 910 Plus for around $11…

Exactly as you said, had to pull the trigger on something, nearly also bought a double arc pulse lighter, I don’t even smoke :stuck_out_tongue:

Just keep in mind that Harnds Blazer (CK7006A) is a quite large folder. Holding it in the hand it even feels bigger because of the thick handle. Otherwise it’s a very solid and high quality folder.

Dang. That harnds talisman is very appealing to me. Beautiful blade shape and grind. And deep carry clip which is a must for me. Added to wish list!

Thanks....ordered!

Hi isti, thank’s for the nice review of the Jin02.
Got my one some weeks ago, in companion with a little SR 4059 BUC-PH

Looking at your reviews pic with the disassembled knife, it’s a kind of hard to belive what you get for such a price.
The overall well done fit and finish, skeletonized steel liners, ball bearings, dead centered and really sharp D2 steel blade with a nice satin finish, ……
!!
makes the Jin02 IMO to the current price-value champion of budget knives, replacing the Jin01.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:
How do you like that small SRM 4059? It’s been sitting on my wish list for a while.

The SR 4059 BUC-PH is a really well solid builded knive, with very pocket friendly size and weight, by completely non aggressive appearance.
The 5 cm blade is long and strong enough to do the few “daily things” where its needed to get used for.
Opening was a bit sticky at the beginning, but after a bit of lubricating and some blade movement it became a lovely little toy, getting a lot of pocket times. Really like it. :+1:

Can anyone confirm that the Jin02 is actually D2 steel?

Would like to know that as well… Also, CH outdoor tools a trustworthy brand?