ALL THINGS BUDGET KNIVES

Yes I do, - xatu. :slight_smile:

Yet another well done review of a great knife, which somehow doesn’t seem to be big enough to satisfy your taste.
On my point of view exactly the smaller size and even the decent light weight are one of the main reasons that I got
very attracted by the Jin02.
But that’s the way life goes and love falls. :person_facepalming:

My first knife in 2017 was a straightaway jump on a very nice offer by WHITE MOUNTAIN KNIVES ebay shop, selling their
probably last example of the Kizer Ki403A1 for gentle 72.00 $ including shipment from the USofA.

!!
!!
!!
!!
Overall Length: 8.50” (21,5 cm), Handle Length: 4.75” (12,00 cm), Blade Length: 3.75” (9,5 cm), Cutting Edge: 3.375” (8,5 cm),
Blade Thickness: 0.13” (4 mm), Blade Material:CPM-S35VN, Blade Style: Drop Point, Blade Grind: Hollow, Edge Type: Plain,
Finish: Stonewash, Handle Thickness: 0.46” (12 mm), Handle Material: G-10 & Titanium, Lock Type: Frame Lock, Pocket Clip:Tip-Up,
Weight: 4.6 oz. (131,00 g)

Have to say, that I’m really happy with this deal! The Ki403A is a gorgeous rock solid knive with amazing build quality. Just a tiny little flic on the thumb stud and it opens like a flipper. The frame lock is perfectly tight and and even smooth and easy to disengage. In relation to its dimensions, the weight of only 131 g ( 4.6 0z) is quite remarkable. The blade has a very nice well done finish and came razor bloody sharp out of the box. At least I got my first Chinese made knive without any doubts that the blade material is really the true CPM-S35VN steel. :innocent:

So being veritable impressed and convinced by the Ki403A1 and also have been looking for a decent small sized and leight weight pocket flipper since a while, I decided to have a closer view on the Kizer produkt range and found the Dukes V3466A2 VG10 steel, G10 handels, ball bearings folding knive catching my eyes.
!!
! !
!!
!!
Overall Length: 7.125” (18,00 cm), Handle Length: 4.125” (10, 50 cm), Blade Length: 3.00” ( 7,6 cm), Blade Thickness: 0.11” (2,8 mm),
Blade Material: VG-10, Blade Style: Drop Point, Blade Grind: Hollow, Edge Type: Plain, Finish: Satin, Lock Type: Liner Lock,
Handle Thickness: 0.46” (12 mm), Handle Material: G-10, Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Weight: 2.64 oz. (75 g), Designer: Matt Cucchiar

With the relativ small sized blade running on IKBS ball bearings system, this knive is a crazy hell of a flipper :smiling_imp: , with a great entertainment and playing factor. But it is also a very pocket friendly EDC knive, which is big and strong enough for most daily duties. The milling out of the G10 handle scales is first class, the blade is top centered and well sharpend, while the locking mechanism is working on spot.

!!

:heart_eyes: and :beer:

Excellent comments about the Kizers MACS0647! Thorough high points and pictures.

Way back at the beginning of this thread, I opined that exceptionally high value knives didn’t necessarily equate with cheap price. “Budget knives” can be found at almost any price and the individual buyer will determine whether they are within their cost constraints. From my humble perspective, great budget knives are high value knives.

On a personal note, my 5 Kizers (awaiting #6, the release of the Feist, a “Sebenza contenda’”) are my own definitional examples of Dominant Budget Knives.

Hi
has anyone found an eBay seller who sells cheap knife scales g10/micarta/carbon (esp. for the para 2)?

That kizer dukes it one gorgeous knife just can’t bring myself to buy it! O but I wants it so bad.

Kinda has a goofy clip though that doesn’t fit the knife in appearance. Any way I wanted to let anyone know that wants to decrease spring tension in their axis lock copies that it’s easily done, and just a VERY slight change in the springs shape makes a big difference.

I’ve been waiting and searching for the ganzo G7513CF but I cant find it anywhere for sale…

I’ve seen some vids on youtube so it should be or was for sale. Anyone knows what happened?

I must to say that the jin02 is a good knife, design, looking, steel… and yes, the taste of everyone are different, but after the y-start lk5008 and jin01, the jin02 is less impressive for me, it does not awake feelings on me like the other two. But i can recommend it perfectly if you like its style. Be care with rust, mine have some spots from factory.

I have 2 orders from DHGate that were shipped to the wrong address. Both orders were for 5 knives each. One was delivered to Sacramento, CA on February 2nd and the other to Draper, UT on February 9th.

If any of you received my order, please PM me. I'll gladly let you keep one and pay for shipping to get the remaining 4 to me.

I’ve finished my review about the ADV style Mini Butcher titanium flipper. It’s an excellent edc friendly sized folder with an amazing fit & finish.
Have a look at my blog for a ton of pics. :slight_smile:

Anyone could recommend me decent bushcraft fixed knife? Something like CIMA 1, but with better steel.

HX outdoor D2 Steel http://www.gearbest.com/fixed-blades-knives/pp_245322.html or Mora Bushcraft Carbon

The design is not the same but you can see my review about the cima 1058, it uses 9cr18mov, better than the 7cr17mov of the cima 1.

What happened to kershaw? This is my only non-gun that went up in value. I Remember getting them for $20-35 and now they are $80. Supposedly there are clones but kershaw must be stamping them out. I've had 3. Black serrated leek that I lost after many years. Sliver serrated leek that I got real cheap and then the random "tanto" that I got because the points keep breaking off.

Are there Chinese spring assist knives out there? Spring powered is illegal in this state.

edit: found a fake kershaw: http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-Overall-Black-Folding-Pocket-Knife-Assist-Opening-w-Half-Serrated-YC2856-BK/351382516672

Multitool from Sanremu review!!

http://chinese-knives.blogspot.com/2017/02/review-sanrenmu-7098-lue-pp-t5.html

Best foldable under $20~ in your opinion?

Mora bushcraft black, the basic model. With the fancy sheath, it push the price up quite a bit.

There is not a “best knife below $20”, it all depends on what you are looking for. For you can be the best under x$ but for another not because it looks for something else. For example if what you like are tactics, this is not your knife. But I can say that i have loved it and for the price is very good, everything works well and is very nice. I recommend it.

Two elegant folders.

The Shiro Neon clone is awesome! Very high-end look and finish.

Can someone recommend me a solid budget butterfly as well as, an assisted opening knife? Sub $30 preferred.
I prefer function over form, nothing too gaudy or large so I can EDC them without hassle.
Yes I know my state laws. Any ideas in mind?

The Zing SS, the Volt SS and the Burst are my favorite AO Kershaw folders. I really like the pocket friendly slim lines of the SS versions.