Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

6pak of 60W equivalent LED blubs. 2700K or 5000K, candelabra base (ie, use small-to-large adapters for “regular” sockets).

11bux, -35% clicky on the page, -50% one-time vipon!

Total was something like 1.64 out the door!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CNJPRFX2/

That’s like 2bits per blub. Can’t beat that…

2 Thanks

Wow, looks like a great deal!
I don’t think I have a use for any light bulbs with a candelabra base, but if I did, I’d order some of those bulbs.
I especially appreciate the 2700K option. :+1:

Wellp, I got an actual chandelier and a hallway light that take those skinny bases, so that works. Even wall sconces often take those skinny bases, so I’d be surprised if you wouldn’t have something that takes 'em.

Also should note that even the clicky is a one-shot. Tried going for a second, even at “only” 35% off, but no joy. Oh, well.

Here’s my UPS system of choice on sale at Woot:
Regular price is $170 (on Amazon), but it’s $150 on Woot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VY6FXMM
(Amazon link provided for reference.)
This is currently a #1 bestseller on Amazon, so it’s a very popular pick. :+1:

1 Thank

APC is not what they used to be CQ wise.
But that’s still a heck of a deal for a 1500va Mod sine-wave UPS.
I’ve got three of them (I think). The display is flaky on two - but they work just fine.
Heck Dell is happy to sell you one for $237.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

As an aside, the discontinued Eaton 3S 550 knockoff REPLACEMENT battery is now available for $39.90 ($12 plus $26 shipping). The replacement battery for the APC here looks to be about $91 for APC brand and $55 and up for non-APC.

On ebay you find a wide selection of replacement batteries with higher amp/hour rating than what came with the unit.
Many good brands including NPP.

This is the replacement UPS battery set that I have.
It’s $37, but it’s not on sale.

Look up you local burglar alarm company. They should sell you as many of those batteries as you need. 5 to 10 bucks a pop. Nothing super special about them.

new or used?

New. I did a lot of low voltage work. We buy them by the case loads. Think we paid maybe 2 bucks a piece buying in bulk. Tons of low voltage control panels use those for back up power. Any alarm company that still has a brick and mortar store or warehouse should be able to hook you up.

Probably so, but I really doubt that they will sell them at $5 to $10 per. I would guess that their markup is quite high.
Maybe more so than the OEM “packs” which are already very pricey.

You mention that you “did” a lot of low voltage work. How long ago was that? I mean, I have seen discount battery prices almost double over the last few years.

Anyway, If anyone finds them that cheap, please post about it here. I will definitely grab some.

I used to work in the battery world. Our highest volume 6v5a customer (smaller and cheaper batteries than the “12-8” form-factor batteries above) we got the pricing down to $5/per. They ordered a full pallet every single week to get that level of volume discount.

I of course know the costs that we had for the batteries but cannot disclose, I can only say $10/per for 12-8 form-factor batteries new is not doable

Any insight and recommendations for 15v 4a power supply? One of my aquarium light died but am pretty sure it’s the psu aince it flashes and 2nd channel only nlue lights would stay on. Also I managed to get another 2 days out of it after it started acting up by repeated plug unplug and on off

Oh it’s probably been 15 years or so ago. I am not certain on what they are charging now days. It’'s not something we would advertise or anything. Just a suggestion is all. Would save on shipping if you could pick them up locally as well. A few phone calls might land you some for a good price.

A quick phone call to a place I did some work for in the past. They will sell em to me for $13. I don’t know what they paid or where they got em from. It was just a quick call to the service manager.

1 Thank

WALMART in store when purchased online: Three knives, a flashlight and a multi-tool <$8!
Sounds better than it actually is…
Ozark Trails

OK, that sounds more reasonable. Shipping on those heavy little guys does run the price up quite a bit.

There are all sorts of 15v power supplies on Amazon.
I’d get one with more current capability so it’s not running at its max rating.
One kicker is the connection. Does yours need a specialized plug?
If so, perhaps you could clip the cable off your current one and cobble together that with whatever the new PS has.
Don’t know anything about these makers. These are just an example.
All the Best,
Jeff
15v 6a PS on Amazon

or
15v 10a PS

DYI power supply

1 Thank

The OEM batteries that come inside the UPSs always seemed to last longer than any of the replacement batts. Funny/odd.
No matter if they were replaced with the OEM or generic.
I can’t remember getting 12-8s for less than $10. And I’ve been doing the UPS dance for a long time.
For good prices and good turnover, check out farm/ranch supply stores.
They sell them for electric fence use. Those guys go through a pile of them and want the best price.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

That always seems to be the case with my SLA vehicle batteries. My 2002 pickup original battery lasted 120,000 miles and was still good enough in 50°+ temperatures.