Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Unfortunately, in my house (and anywhere else on the planet) I’m the mosquito attractant.

I’m like sugar to them.

1 Thank

I used to believe that was me too. I’ve discovered that since eating garlic (chopped up raw in salads etc) I just don’t get bitten anymore while all those around me whinge :grinning:

Unno. When I make garlic mashies just for me, like 3-4 medium taters (just about fills a soup-/cereal-bowl), I use a whole bulb of garlic that’s the size of a handball, and they’ll still come after me.

Worse because probably all the houses on the block haven’t had the gutters cleaned out in ages, so water collects and turns into a skeeter-factory at each house.

Wish I could lure some bats to the nabe…

Oh, and a ways back I got a coupla those cage-style zappers. Also a nice satisfying pop when each one hits, but 1 of the 2-wavelength LEDs (UV and purple?) tends to fade with extended use.

Tenergy 300Wh Portable Power Station / Battery LiFePO4 200W + 11W Desk Lamp Bundle $99 From BUYDIG Not Amazon

Superfire bike light $11+. Vpon says you can get it for less than $10 but it didn’t work for me.

The three packs of COB light are still available for $6.5 and $8 (includes red light) depending on which version you choose. Codes are on page.

1 Thank

Keep it raw - that’s when the magic happens :grinning:

Purchased the Sofirn IF23. Very handy looking light. Really looking forward to this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Acebeam H16 right angle headlight $23
Nicron N9 90* twistable head $24

FZH - 250 Lumens 800mAh Mini Flashlights with 7 Light Modes, Type-C Fast Charging with Power Bank Function. $10.19

Thanks for that, been biking at night with headlamp and it’s “ok” but getting the primary light on handlebars may reduce the bug load on my face. Also got a couple of the 3-packs of the COB lights to give to operators at work. Got some before and they work great when someone needs light on a machine. The very bright LED fixtures are 25’ above us and it’s surprising how dark it can be when there’s work being done in the shadows. This thread has been a gold mine through the years, thanks for all who contribute!!

1 Thank

Sling-bags on sale.

https://www.myvipon.com/product/10062428

25bux regular, minus 10% off (2.50) clicky, minus 12.50 from vipon, so 10bux in total.

Default black that comes up doesn’t take the vipon, so I got “green” which looks like a grayish OD green, so shouldn’t be too bad.

Looks like 2 different styles (and slightly different sizes), but they’re ostensibly the same dimensions.

Oh well, 10bux seems like a pretty good deal. I’ll give it a shot.

Oh yeh, definitely read the questions and reviews.

Reviews for complaints, that the “water bottle” pocket will only fit small disposable bottles, and not the bigger reusable kind.

But the questions are a hoot.

“Why only for men? Can’t I put tampons and lipstick in it?”

“Can it hold paranormal equipment?”

Some are… odd.

2 Thanks

Any thoughts on this light? With the 10% off coupon, comes to $9
https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Rechargeable-Extremely-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B09PYZ3V2H/ref=sr_1_28?crid=15HL7LIL25FFJ&keywords=rechargeable+flashlight&qid=1686802635&sprefix=rechargable+flashlight%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-28

There’s also a two pack for $13.50 after 10% coupon:
https://www.amazon.com/Flashlight-Rechargeable-Extremely-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B09PYZJYQW/ref=sr_1_28?crid=15HL7LIL25FFJ&keywords=rechargeable%2Bflashlight&qid=1686802635&sprefix=rechargable%2Bflashlight%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-28&th=1

Almost positively absolutely junk. But, if you just need some light around the house and don’t care much about beam, tint, and quality. They would probably serve you well.

2 Thanks

I’d have to agree with Toddcshoe it’s probably pure garbage . I hate to say this but after years of looking at lights you gain the ability to spot trash online without even having to see and touch it firsthand.

There is an easy answer to this question and that is to suggest a known light that is fairly similar yet seen , owned , touched and enjoyed by lots of members here for about the same price .
Sofirn has a sale on right now -25% off and the Sofirn S11c. is $8.95 minus 25% is a steal .
Here’s a link https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/s11c-zoomable-rechargeable-flashlight-lh351d-90cri

I don’t own one but … it has a twist zoom , a hugely better build quality, ano etc . A much , much better driver , hi cri , name brand emitter , etc etc etc .
Stick the model #. Sofirn s11c. In the BLF search and look at reviews

5 Thanks

Dang, I woke up this morning thinking I wouldn’t make any impulse flashlight buys today, but I guess you never know.

I almost did it… But then rational thought took over. Not only do I not need any, but I have about run out of places to stash lights… AND, I can’t even think of a friend to give them to that hasn’t already told me they don’t “need” more lights…
:grin:

But then, I placed orders earlier today with Wurkkos and Sofirn so I really didn’t escape today unscathed. :japanese_ogre:

Well, I have lots of flashlights but only one zoomie. So this isn’t exactly like buying just another flashlight. Totally different…

Sure … blame me .

Wow, that Sofirn zoomie looks like an amazing deal!
If I wanted another zoomie, I’d order that one. :heart_eyes:

I have a s11c and it’s a decent light. I took it to Canada several months ago when we were on vacationed and it worked out well. It’s small, light, bright enough for my needs, decent tint, and cheap enough that if I lost it I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

1 Thank

Wurkkos TS11 $29.98 including battery.
Choose black or orange

1 Thank

Good Deal on the TS10 Silver or Green

https://www.amazon.com/wurkkos-Flashlight-Waterproof-Anduril-Two-Way/dp/B0BLVHHM6J?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1