Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

My “high” recommendation is due to the fact that the close focus is so surprisingly close. The distance focus is also fine to see birds or what the neighbor is doing but I am not an aficionado of high quality optics so I cannot speak to how it might compare to your big binos. It is smallish in size and comfortable on the hip but it’s not really pocketable. Perhaps this thread could offer more insight.

1 Thank

I bought a pair for those Pentax for my mom when she was in hospice so she could look at the hummingbirds coming to the feeder. The regular Nikons were too heavy, and didn’t focus in close enough. They were outstanding! Well worth the $121.00 I paid (but hey, it was for my mom, your results may vary:-)

4 Thanks

That’s a very decent price. Judging from price history, the lowest was $80 USD back in September.

It’s probably worth starting by figuring out what size and magnification you want, but keep in mind that decreasing size means decreasing brightness (not a problem in broad daylight, but will be in marginal conditions or for stargazing, although you already have a set for those conditions). Also, increasing magnification increases the perception of shaking. 8x is a very common recommendation.

Among the options you find once you have chosen a size and magnification, there will be differences in how wide the field of view is, how much eye relief they provide, and how close they can focus. There also will be differences in light transmission and optical quality, but seldom is any information given to quantify those, much less in a way that can be compared between brands, and those factors in particular correlate to price.

There also are different prism types, but in recent years that isn’t as important of a distinction as it used to be, because the cost premium for roof prisms has decreased, especially for the smaller binoculars. Usually roof prism binoculars are more compact, but the model Ledhead recommended have porro prisms oriented the opposite direction that porro prisms are usually designed, so that the objectives can be very close together. The result is unusually compact for porro prism binoculars, although depth perception may be somewhat reduced.

And the close focusing distance for that set is indeed impressive, hence why a lot of the reviews seem to focus on using them to observe insects and flowers. I’m sure those with high expectations for optical quality would be critical of them, but I’m pretty sure most casual users would be happy with them. Overall, they look like a good option to me.

If close focusing isn’t important to you, I notice The Wirecutter chose another Pentax set (AD 8x25 WP) as their compact binoculars pick. They’ll have a little more eye relief, should be a bit brighter, and a bit more compact, plus they’re waterproof, but they have a slightly narrower field of view.

2 Thanks

Agreed. That’s an amazing close focusing distance. I bought Leupold 10x25 BX-1 Rogue a few years back. It’s great at a distance, but useless up close as the minimum focus distance is 14 feet.

Acebeam TAC AA (519a 5000k), coyote only, 14500 included
$23.99 w promo code

reviews: sammyshp, zeroair

4 Thanks

I just got an email from Amazon saying the $108 for the bike was refunded. Haven’t check my card, but at least it appears I will not be out any cash. They say the reason is late delivery. But, the end date after which I could apply for a refund I got when I bought it was 11/23/2023. Which, obviously, has not arrived. Plus, there is still tracking saying something is being scanned. on its way.

So what happens if I get the bike. I sure as hell am not going to pay to ship it back to China.

I am curious as to what is happening to others that placed orders… other than @Lightbringer , as he has already let us know.

1 Thank

@Mandrake50 Nothing on my end. Says arriving by Nov.22.

2 Thanks

Mine last updated on nov 11th, leaving its third carrier facility

ETA: also says arrival on the 22nd

2 Thanks

@Ledhead , @Tomogchi, Thanks. Mine is the same, including tracking, but if I look at the invoice it says that it was refunded.
I wonder if this is because I tried to contact the seller at one point and had the messages come back as undeliverable.

Anyway, there is only one more week till the scheduled date. We will see.

@ledhead Do you know the seller of this binocular? It is not Amazon but SNK Official Store.

I do not know that seller. All of my order details say they were sold by “Amazon . com Services LLC”. Not sure that helps… It appears I’ve bought some version of this bino 5five times, all the same seller.

Okay, this deal is on eBay, not Amazon…

This is one of my most favorite knives at a pretty good price ($39.53)
(I am not the seller, by the way.)
The blade steel is D2, so if you get it wet, dry it up or else it’ll rust. :slightly_smiling_face:

I got something that I think may be my eBike :wink: I didn’t order it but it has a signature date close to my purchase date and it has a USD value close to the purchase price. I think it is a frame protector for the chainstay to protect it from chain slap. My order details still say the bike will be arriving by the 22nd though.

2 Thanks

Few decent Boruit deals on vipoun.

So I guess that you never ordered this chain guard thing?
Interesting, I got a small package from China. It has some things like handlebar grips in it. I couldn’t figure out if I had ordered them nor why they were valued at ~$113 So maybe I have also received my “bike” as well. But yeah, tracking hasn’t been updated to delivered. Glad I got a refund.

2 Thanks

Maybe it’s 1 ebike, parted out, with different body parts mailed to each purchaser. :joy::rofl::joy:

6 Thanks

AceBeam Rider RX 700 Titanium for $30. AA, 519A-V1, 5k, cri90. 4+ hours left. Acebeam Rider RX

It says AA alkaline and ni-mh compaitble.

1 Thank

It sucks that I missed out on the battery pack… :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Here’s one on something I didn’t even know existed.
A LEP + LED Weapon light shorty that will fit a pistol.
Currently 30% off. $105.
All the Best,
Jeff

https://www.amazon.com/OLIGHT-Flashlight-Long-Range-Weaponlight-Compatible/dp/B0B2JQPBQV/ref=sr_1_7?crid=31DZ0RYO141HV&keywords=lep%2Bflashlight&qid=1700411455&sprefix=lep%2Bflashlight%2Caps%2C134&sr=8-7&th=1

1 Thank