Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Yeah… now it is 159.19 still says cyber monday deal… code does not work. So congrats to anyone that got it for $63…
Ya snooze ya lose…they say :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Thank

I was thinking more about using when a predicted outage was expected (i.e. hurricane) and there would be time to charge. But you are right and I should test the charge. This will be the 3rd one of these I have but by far the cheapest and the Amazon reviews look decent.

Yeah, I top mine off every 3 months or so. They ( I have 5 now) all seem to have some self discharge… as in after three months they need 45 minutes to an hour to top off. Even the ones that say they are at 100%.

Also it would be good to test the thing. Make sure all of the ports work. It would suck if it was DOA in the box when you need it.
Plus if you need to you can get it replaced or refunded within the 30 days…

You can always put it back in the box once it is topped off and you know it works.

1 Thank

Now I am seeing $220 for the NEOZ which is the one I got for $67 … hmmmmm

Top off? I thought it was better for battery health to store between 75%>25% and just top off when you need it. Anyway, thats how I have been doing it…?.

It is all about what you need I guess. In an emergency I want a full charge on things that I need. I am more concerned about that than cycle life. If you are using something daily and cycling it, cycle life becomes important. I have literally hundreds of LiIon cells. The ones I store for long periods I keep around 65%. The ones I think I may need immediately, I keep topped off. cells .
Besides, I think the “long term” storage suggestions for LiFePO4 cells is different. Plus they have a considerably greater cycle count to begin with.
I guess, if you think you will always have a few hours to charge everything up before SHTF, just wait. I don’t have that confidence. The last 12 hour power outage here gave zero warning. It wasn’t even weather related. I was quite happy to have everything charged up and ready to go. That is why I bought this stuff

2 Thanks

That makes sense … if you dont have any offline charging options. Here I have a ‘main’ generator that comes on when power fails and 'tops things off '. I have other charging backups(i.e. gas generators, solar panels and numerous power stations/banks) when the power does go off.
These powerbanks would not be my first choice if the power unexpectedly went out but would be good for camping, tailgating or a sandbar picnic. Ideal for charging laptops, phones, tablets, BT speakers, flashlights…

My 300w aftime powerstation is for exactly that. Few extension cords keep all 3 tanks filters running and water oxygenated. Aftime wasnt lifepo4 but lion and had a whole bank of cells go bad just outside of warranty. After fixing it, its given me 2ish(?idr exact time) Years of solid service, least a dozen uses.

Irony that since then my gf tried to brew coffee through it, and suprisingly got 1/3rd cup of coffee before it blew the internal 40 amp fuse (who knew an ~1800w keurigg was more then the 300w aftime could handle). I couldnt be mad, she wanted coffee and thought she had figured it out on her own. I have since added an ‘add a fuse’ kit to it, and have an easily replacable fuse on the side of the powerstation now, with replacement fuses taped to it.

The original fuse was soldered to the board. Why wouldnt that be easily accessible?! Why doesnt any power station i see have servicable fuses or (time delay?) resetable circuit breakers. I know, cost. But still…

3 Thanks

You’ve really kept that thing going, that’s awesome!

In 2021 I was worried about heating the tank too, inside of my home was hovering around freezing! The tank was against an exterior wall too which didn’t help. We had a gas stove which was still working so I would boil water, fill a metallic uninsulated water bottle ~50% of the way full with it, and float it in the tank lol. Then sprint back to bed and go fetal position under a thousand blankets until it was time to do it again…

I just have the one 10 gallon so it’s not the most difficult to keep going but geez. $70 is a small price to pay to never have to worry about that experience or anything like it, so thanks again ledhead for sharing!

1 Thank

$13 for qty 8 LED flashlights.

Eveready LED Flashlight (8-Pack) Bright Reliable Flashlights for General Purpose, Great for Camping, Car, Emergency Storm Power Outage Handheld Flashlight (Batteries Included) - Amazon.com

2 Thanks

Wow, 8 flashlights and 16 AA batteries for $13! :+1:
(I’m guessing that they don’t emit very many lumens, though.)

EDIT:
One reviewer estimated that they emit about 80 lumens, which is better than what I expected. :slightly_smiling_face:

I keep those and the headlamp version for blackout giveaways, they have long run times, and giving one away with batteries is a good excuse to visit the little old ladies and check on them.

It’s back but a little more expensive.
300w Lifpo4 power station $74+ with $36 on page coupon and using code CM55NEOZ

4 Thanks

Snagged one. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dang, not working again. I’ve missed this twice!

@SemiNormal woldn’t be surprised if it came back…but slightly more expensive :wink:

Meanwhile there’s this…
Amazon Basics Hex Key Allen Wrench 26 Set with Ball End $10

Two pack 20x28 pillows $9 with code HG576D5Q Careful on the shipping chosen. Free shipping has an extended delivey date.

The LT1S currently has a 30% off coupon.
I love these guys. Checks all the boxes for a lantern (for me).
All the Best,
Jeff
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BB1Y2FJH/?coliid=IJJHLPHUJS9LM&colid=2BC1PJEIBD385&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

2 Thanks

Nice!
Looks like every color except orange is 30% off.
The LT1S is my lantern of choice. :heart_eyes:

Already have black, “had” to add red. There was an extra 10% coupon on the page, so 40% off in total.

I was looking at one-a them, and my only objection is that even if it’s supposta be waterproof, the button, status-lights, and charging port, are all at the bottom of a shallow bowl that would just collect and hold water with even the slightest rain.

So the S is the good one vs the non-S?

1 Thank