Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Both of them are great from what I hear.
The LT1 is much larger, but I hear it’s nicer.
The LT1S (Shorty) might not be as nice, but it’s a lot more compact.
So, it depends on the size and shape of lantern you want to get. :+1:

The bigg’en LT1 takes 4x18650 like the Q8. Batteries on the bottom like a soda can light. Just a lantern top on the err… top. It’s heavy and heavy duty. The charge port is on the side like the flashlight.
The LT1 can be “modded” with pencil lead to get a higher output.
The “S” Has a 21700 down the middle with the LEDs around it.
I like the smaller form factor. Also that 180 degrees of the light can be turned off to keep it from lighting up stuff away from me.
On both of them the batteries tested better than the rated mAh.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

Yup, and if you’re not confused enough…
There’s the LT1S Pro, which in some ways is better than the LT1S, but it’s also more expensive.
And then there’s the LT1 Mini, which also runs on a single 21700, but it’s more tall and skinny compared to the LT1S/LT1S Pro.
Sofirn makes the best budget lanterns hands down (in my opinion), but with at least four different models to choose from, it can be a bit overwhelming.

Ah, that’s right, now I remember…

I was thinking in Sofirnese where the ‘S’ means minor mods/improvements/upgrades but the same basic shape.

Why “LT1S” vs, ohhhh, I dunno, “LT2” or something, escapes me.

Yeah, I vaguely recall commenting that the '1 looks like just a Q8 with big-ass diffuser on top.

Yeah, now I’m thoroughly confused.

I’m still using my ol’ Zanflare on the regular… think I’ll stick with that for the time being. Just recharged it, in fact, and will be using it tonight.

LT1 small = LT1S. But yeah, they are far from consistent in their naming convention.

That is precisely what it is (well with an entirely different LED configuration)… and has nice capacity power bank function as a bonus.

The Amazon ad says it comes with a LIPO battery. You got to love the translation and lack of proofreading. I’m sure this ad has been up for at least a year.
It looks like a good price though.

Not Amz!
You could probably do better on Ali but…
5Pack: Coleman Flexi Travel Case $15 using code FSCOLEMAN2 from FieldSupply via SD-. If the interior dimensions are accurate I’ll be happy.

3 Thanks

Coleman usually makes high quality stuff, and if you’re getting quicker shipping than AliExpress, then it might be a better deal than even the best on AliExpress.
Plus, it can be a pain in the rear to find whatever is best on AliExpress.
If I needed something like that, I’d just order from FieldSupply. :grin:

Yeh, I love those things. I stocked up on small ones (2"-4") ages ago on AX for things like earbugs and other tiny/delicate things.

5×7 seems like a good size.

Ordered a set, tnx!

Not Amz.
I bought 2 Cryo II 3.25", Cryo G10 2.75" and a Zing via Slickdeals at this site each for $20!:
https://www.bereli.com/kershaw-closeout/
They are authentic…unlike forgeries I returned to AMZ.

4 Thanks

Anyone still expecting their Ebike to arrive?

1 Thank

No. Refund granted and accepted. I won’t lie I held some fantastical hope that it might arrive but alas…

3 Thanks

Mine says it is in the US.
“2023-11-21 09:42
US, Parcel arrives at Airport, Parcel Arrival”
But hasn’t changed in almost 2 weeks. I also got a full refund to my card.
I am curious as to what they are tracking. I don’t know if the sender can interrupt shipping or recall something like this while it is in transit.
Obviously, at this point it is just curiosity. I can’t say that I am "expecting" it to arrive though.

3 Thanks

I root for you!!

3 Thanks

I do love a mystery! :grinning:

1 Thank

it’s amazing what reasonable quality low magnification bino can do. I have a 5x15mm nikon monocular - it is tiny but actually better than a well liked 8 x 20mm monocular. Unfortunately they stopped making the little nikon. The other beauty of it is that it is always on my daypack harness - I use it all the time. Also close focussing.
nikon 5x15

I chalk it up to higher quality optics material. I’ve experienced the same thing with binocs.

1 Thank

Bluetooth over ear headphones $13.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BFDKN6YZ

2 Thanks

I just got mine. I am disappointed. It is tiny. I should have read more closely. Item says 300 watts, but it is only around 180 wh.
The AC charging cable is one of these three lobed things that very few items use. It charges slowly even on AC at about 100 watts.
If it works it is a small light unit for doing little things like charging USB stuff. It will not give much runtime for anything with even moderate power requirements.
I got a 300 Wh unit a few months ago for about $10 more.

Oh well… but honestly the full price they list is way high for a unit like this. Even at the $81 all in price that I paid it is too expensive. I will look more closely in the future. I just got caught up in the discussion of how it was such a great deal…

5 Thanks