Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Hollow it out, put some foam in it and pass it off as a real “best quality” rock?

1 Thank

3 Thanks

removed link…
230$ “ebike deal” shipped by amazon
saw this bike on slickdeals. u guys might be able to score an e- bike deal after all, not actually 3rd party shipped for right now, from amazon right now as i post it. you’ll have to move pretty fast, it’s already made the front page over there in like 30 minutes. hope yall get in, felt bad how they scammed ya. dont often post but felt it might be a good time lol

4 Thanks

What is interesting for me is I don’t really need or want an E-Bike. The deal was just so amazing, I had to try to get in on it.
While $228 is still a decent price (but makes one wonder about how crappy it is), it is not good enough to compel me to buy.

But, thanks for posting the link!

1 Thank

That e bike deal has potential.

1 Thank

Seems like a decent price, I still want an ebike, and the reviews look good (detailed with pros and cons, not just “good bike!”), so I pulled the trigger. Tnx!

2 Thanks

Good luck

2 Thanks

Wow, that ebike looks like it could be a steal!
The previous prices on Amazon were $400-$440, so it’s over 40% off the most recent prices.
If I wanted an ebike, I would probably spend a lot more than $229, but that’s just because I would want something super nice.
Hopefully the battery pack is safer than some budget ebike battery packs. :thinking:

1 Thank

As long as the mechanicals are down right is the main thing. The battery can always be fixed if needed.

2 Thanks

Yeh, I figure a-to-z still got my back…

1 Thank

I figure I’d take it to my bike shop for a once-over. They’ve been in business since I was a kid if not earlier, so have a pretty good rep.

I’d no doubt want to redo the lighting, though. Headlight’s probably some ringy 7000K horror, but we’ll see.

I like that it can be pedal-only, assist, or full electric.

2 Thanks

And this time, you probably won’t say…
“I got a rock.” :smile:

Tf?? I just got email that it shipped. UPS. 60lbs.

So unless I’m getting a bag o’ Sakrete and some handlebars, it may in fact be legit!

6 Thanks

And being in a big city, $228 is a good “not the end of the world it got stolen” price.

1 Thank

I wonder what The Lockpicking Lawyer would recommend as a good bike lock.

Well, at least something that couldn’t be picked with a pull-tab and bread-tie…

1 Thank

Harbor Freight Deal:
APACHE 3800 Weatherproof Protective Case, Large, Black. $20 Coupon required & in-store pick up only.

3 Thanks

They are. The eneloop box hinges are full length and fairly stout. Should outlast me.
The big boxes have two - maybe 1 long" - pressed hinges. Not stiff at all. Not impressed.
You’re right. They wont hold up to a lot of use.
Mainly I’m using them to replace the store bought bulk packages that are a waste of space and are a mess inside after a few batteries are removed.
Keeping my battery stash in an easier to get at and store format is why I got them.
After they bust - I guess it’s duct tape time…
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

I’ve got two of these in different sizes. They are really nice except one of the front clasps is really hard to open on one of them. Got to whack it to snap it shut.
On sale, these hit way above their weight class.
Not a pelican, but darned close.
All the Best,
Jeff
PS - This thread is for Amazon stuff.

Yep, that’s what I would do as well.
I like Gorilla tape, which is a really nice version of duct tape that doesn’t make a mess like duct tape does over time. :+1:

I like Gorilla too. Seems to have more stick.
For a lot of stuff, I like gaffers tape. The stuff sound and theater people use.
Sticks real well and lasts for years without goo-ing up like duct tapes.

3 Thanks