Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

We use painters tape instead of gaffers tape.
I have no idea which one is better.
I also have drafting tape because at one point I was an architecture major.
Drafting tape is kinda similar to painters tape, but maybe less sticky than painters tape. :slightly_smiling_face:

Always have rolls of the yellow painters tape handy.
Takes a sharpie well and never lets go of most stuff.
Doesn’t hold as well as the other varieties of painters tape - but good enough.
Pulls off some cardboard. Won’t stick after that.
I’ll put clear packing tape down first if I want a resealable opening.
I also like the blue exterior painters tape. Kind of slightly stretchy but sticks really well.

I used to use drafting tape in the old days to put contour lines on maps.
Geophysicist before starting up with computers.

Yep, that’s what we have.
It works really well. :grin:

StatGear T3 Tactical Auto Rescue Tool - Folding Rescue Knife, Glass Window Breaker, Seatbelt Cutter, Molded Grips, LED Light, Sheath Amazon.com

Unfortunately I , I cannot order as I live in a liberal state where only criminals are allowed to have weapons.

2 Thanks

I think that tool is legal in California, where I live, and my state is quite liberal in most parts. :thinking:

thanks Ledhead.
i ordered one of each color.
great deal on shipping, too.

Unless something changed California is good on carrying sheath knives, I used to carry the 17inch Hell’s Belle when I used to frequent a Hell’s Angel bar there.

1 Thank

15.6inch IPS USB C/HDMI Portable Monitor
$49.71 after code 92WRM4F5 and $6 product page coupon Amazon.com

81KXWw-1YUL.AC_SX679

1 Thank

also found $33.18 borescope code VBEES8UC Amazon.com

These are a dime a a dozen now. Used to be a very expensive tool for plumbers.

Maglite apparently (untested) has 40% off sitewide using code HOLIDAY40

2 Thanks

Oh, how the mighty have fallen!
Maglite made some of the best flashlights maybe two (or three) decades ago.
Now, it seems like they can’t compete with most flashlights made by the better flashlight manufacturers, unless you need a flashlight with enough mass to smack a bad guy on the head.
…
I have some good news regarding Amazon.
For the first time Amazon Delivery service couldn’t find my house, which is because they used GPS instead of my directions.
This is a common problem that I have with other delivery services as well.
The good news is that Amazon gave me a $5 gift card for my inconvenience.
The other delivery services have never done that.
It seems like whenever I have a real problem with Amazon, they usually give me something of value for my inconvenience.
Of course, I know how to get in contact with a real human at Amazon, and most people struggle to do that because Amazon makes it so difficult to contact a human being.
No retailer (or shipping service) is perfect, but the best ones try to make things right when they screw up, and that’s part of why I like Amazon. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Thanks

i got through to an Amazon CS rep once. It was a hassle since they did not speak English well. I have had better luck with chat.

APLOS T05 Tactical LED Flashlight - Long Throw 1022 m (1117 Yard) 261250 cd Intensity, Rechargeable Flashlights for Hunting & Camping
35$ seems like a great deal
https://www.amazon.com/APLOS-T05-Tactical-LED-Flashlight/dp/B0BZLB5SBM

Another pick-n-pull case: Monoprice Weatherproof/Shockproof Hard Case - Black IP67 Level dust and Water Protection up to 1 Meter Depth with Customizable Foam, 11" x 8" x 10", 9.9 Liter $19

2 Thanks

$9.59-- Clip the 20% off on page coupon and apply code “8K4PSWAJ” to save $14
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CL57J1CX?psc=1&smid=A2SQN247U3IF1I&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp

Portable AM FM Shortave Radio with Bluetooth Receiver, Rechargeable LCD Digital Tunning Radio with Excellent Reception, Loud Speak, Stereo Earphone Jack, AUX, Support Micro SD Card and USB

2 Thanks

delete

Crazy pricing logic on that hard case.
2.0 liter - $22
2.9 liter - $20
3.0 liter - $20
6.6 liter - $28
7.0 liter - $36
8.9 liter - $41
9.0 liter - $35
9.9 liter - $19 ! ?
18.8 liter - $86
19.0 liter - $70

WTH?

Thanks two for 42 shipped not bad.

Just a word of caution.
Mrs. Jeff got a text and email message, supposedly from Amazon, stating that the credit card to renew Prime had expired.
Along with link to follow.

Now her phone# has never been in the Amazon system.
She showed it to me.

It was a perfect scam rendering of Amazon looking stuff. All the correct looking logos and such.

I checked my prime membership. It renewed automatically a few months ago - just like it was supposed to.
Took me a while to find the info. Amazon was too happy promoting how wonderful everything prime is.

Anyhow, these scams come more often this time of year when people are ordering and returning stuff.
Keep the less tech savvy aware that this is really going to take off over the next few weeks.
All the Best,
Jeff

2 Thanks