Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

A golden Wurrkos, like a golden goose.

Deleepow AA Rechargeable Batteries Ni-MH 3300mAh 1200 Cycles (8Pcs) with LCD Smart Charger $14.5 using 40% off code (LBATFKZM) on page.

Ah, I should’ve jumped on that when I had the chance. I’m going to keep an eye out for another price break on this one.

There are no NiMh 3300mAh batteries…none. Marketing bait.
2800mAh like EBL is a stretch and those aren’t very good for the long haul. IR goes up and capacity comes down pretty quickly. I know, I have a bunch, luckily purchased VERY cheaply. After 2 years everything from AAA > D is pretty much meh. They work…OK at best.
I don’t give much credit to Amazon reviews for batteries, but I think the 3* may be on point in this case.

2 Thanks

nimh should really be a niche market now, they suck as many electronics become more demanding, 1.3 ~ 1.2 v simply won’t cut it. I started buying alkaline in bulk despite i have a ton of nimh. lithium can run at 1.5 constantly which is good, but price needs to come down more

Take a look at the one star and the picture reviews. Think I’ll stick to eneloops for safeties sake.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

I think that might be an individual thing. I have lots of AA products. Not a single one demands 1.5v. A…few…work better with it. I do have a bunch of 1.5v to experiment with, so I have a pretty good basis of comparison. And, YEAH! the decent ones are too expensive. The cheap ones seem to be…cheap.
Do not have a Blink camera or an electronic lock. Those seem to need it.
I personally have just about no use at all for alkaleaks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077XBZGLP?th=1

Code 50WGKCAZ 50% off $11.50 at check out.
No idea what kind of hot glue is included, but still seems to be a decent deal.

Alkalines being considered a 1.5V battery is a historical matter. Per modern convention of rating batteries by their average voltage over the course of a full discharge, they would be considered 1.2-1.3V batteries.

If you actually compare typical discharge curves, although the alkaline has a high initial voltage, even at low drains, an NiMH has a higher voltage than an alkaline by the time the alkaline has been discharged 1/3 of the way. For any significant load (eg - 500mA or about 0.2C), the alkaline voltage sags so much that the NiMH has a higher voltage by the time the alkaline has been discharged even 5% of the way.

Test data can be compared here:
https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/CommonAAcomparator.php

This fact has saved me money: I still use alkalines regularly for low value devices like kids toys, but I haven’t bought any in years. I just grab a handful from the battery recycling bin at work whenever I get low. Typically around 1/3 of them are over 1.4V, which is about 75% full, and it’s not uncommon to find some over 1.5V. Coworkers using them in high drain devices get frustrate by their poor performance and throw them away barely used.

It’s true that some poorly designed devices are picky about voltage and don’t like NiMH batteries, but those make the waste of alkalines even worse. Fortunately, none of the devices I use AA’s in are picky. If they were it would probably be cheaper to use disposable lithiums than alkalines, or invest in 1.5V lithium-ion batteries.

For PRIME members you can get the JLab JBuds Frames Wireless Open-Ear Audio for Your Glasses for $9. I took the leap…

$23…use code 30UJ8ZQ9

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XM4DC8W?tag=1sale06-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&customid=undefined&coupon_code=30UJ8ZQ9

Venus flytrap for small drones?

1 Thank
1 Thank

So whats the final price?^

1 Thank

I picked one up. We will see. I am a bit leery after reading some of the reviews. What I want to test is whether it will do pass through charging.

Interesting looking light.
Reading some of the reviews.
Looks like it has an E-Switch. Which means, I assume, there is going to be a parasitic drain all the time.
Not what I’d like in an emergency light.
When you get it - see if there is a way inside and what kind of batteries it takes.
Would be nice if some quality batteries could be swapped in if needed.
All the Best,
Jeff

1 Thank

Of course… I will check it out. It is probably glued/sealed, but I will take a close look.

Just got that Romson or whatever powerbank… man that thing’s huuuuuuge! :joy:

Just charged it up, came in at 80%, now at 99% so pulled the plug.

Good capacity to have around for The Zombie Apocalypse to make sure things stay charged.

I’ve had one of these Bluetooth headsets for a while.
So far so good. Supposedly has a really long talk time (100 Hrs.) & 90 days standby - vs the others of it ilk.
Can’t speak to that.
But what really rings my chimes is the voice quality.
Those on the other end are surprised to find out I’m not talking directly into the phone. That’s a big win.
It is not all that great for glasses wearers - but it will do.
Can’t seem to get the earpiece to fit closely in my ear canal. Too fat headed I guess.
Still it plays plenty loud so I have no problem hearing folk.
On “Sale” for $27.98 with an additional 10% coupon.
All the Best,
Jeff
Amazon - Bluetooth Headset