Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

Yup,
I have had a Fenix E01 on my keyring for years… probably used it three or four times.
Certainly I will grab my TS10 first.
That’s the rub, I am sure I will forget the magic code if I need to use this new one. Twist on is hard to forget.
Anyway, it is here and I will charge it up and play with it once it gets dark.
If it weren’t for the UI, just On first impressions, I have to say I like it.

1 Thank

Long press for off is really terrible in a light with a super low moonlight in the regular rotation like that sp10 had. If you didn’t remember to long press for off it would go back around to moonlight from high. The moonlight was so low you would have to check everytime by cupping your hand around it to see if it was on. Annoying as hell.

1 Thank

Nah, not at all. That’s my SP10B right here. Half-second “longpress” vs holding it for 2sec like some lights. I always keep it “defaulted” to firefly.

I like and use my 'B with FLM+H, and my gf has the 'A with LMH+strobe. Neither one of us has a problem with that miniscule “longpress”.

People seem to forget that press for on/off and click for modes is a natural extension of tailclickies. Press-through for on/off, and half-press for modes. Them newfangled eswitches mimicked that, and doing the opposite (click for on/off, press’n’hold for modes) would’ve been the unnatural thing to do.

But then people got bugs up their bums and wanted the opposite. Kgreat. But that doesn’t mean that the other/original way is “wrong”, only different.

If I know what mode I’m in and what mode I want, I could quickly 3click on those lights to immediately get to that mode. Having to press’n’hold for 20min while it gets around to sloooowly cycling through modes is torturous.

1 Thank

Do you have the one with the ridiculously low moonlight. Everytime I turned it off I had to wonder if it was on.

Another crazy UI I have is an Amutorch x9 or something like that. If you turn it on with a short press you turn it off with the opposite and vice versa. One way was ramping and the other was stepped. Try and remember how to turn that one off. When I used to carry a light for work all I wanted was something I could pull out of my pocket and light up a dark place or what ever I was working on and return it to my pocket without thinking. Most side switch lights aren’t as good as a tail switch light for that, in general. Now when I leisurely take a stroll that’s a different story.

Long press for off is irritating, but this is one of the many costs of having an electronic switch.

Those early sofirn ui s in the sp10s were changing rapidly, even in the same model #. Not all A s were the same. A super low moonlight should never be in the rotation but for a while there it was.

1 Thank

Firefly, not moonlight, and yeah.

Great for just looking at something (watchface, clock, etc.) when fully dark-adapted without totally trashing that night-vision.

It’s also one of the few lights I use with a NiMH cell, to not make firefly too bright.

1 Thank

Spooky Azz UI award goes to Folomov 18650.
Think they called it “The Wave”, goes low to high, then back down same steps.
But, sometimes when you turn it off in Low, it restarts in Turbo.
Has some other “Tactical” modes which never appealed to me, so never ran it in them.
Has a great warm Nichia emitter and still is used on the stand next to my prime TV watching chair.
They were also overdriving the LED a little so some people had problems with that but personally never had an issue.
Not a flashlight I would gift however due to the whack a doodle UI.

Want another one?

:joy:

You really hate it that much?

^^Yeah pretty much. I just brought it out. It’s a sp10b. I forgot my sp10A died a while back. It’s not just the UI I don’t like it’s also the form factor and non usb charging. I have settled on tiny 18650 lights with usb charging for my pocket carry. My favorite UI today are those simple Sofirn UIs that have everything I want. Shortcuts to low and turbo. Short press for on and off with memory. The only thing I miss from Anduril lights is the lighted switch and battery check that counts out the voltage. I’ll keep the 10b just to have something around that can take AA leakers in a pinch.

Wurkkos FC13S XHP50.2 6000K is $19.16 Free shipping, with website coupon and stackable Charles Bridgetec coupon 6FW3UNEX

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CCDCXXHC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

2 Thanks

What’s the difference between FC13S and FC13?

Wurkkos FC13 VS FC13S … :beers:

I just bought another in 6000K … Great :flashlight:

1 Thank

Logitech G402 Optical Gaming Mouse Hyperion Fury
$19.99
Free Standard shipping for Prime members

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L8VNQ88
Deal is on Woot, not Amazon.
Amazon link provided for reference.
The Logitech G502 is probably better overall, but this G402 is dirt cheap right now, especially if you have Prime. :+1:

Nice

1 Thank

Seems like a decent deal on a big backpack. Z-MGKISS Extra Large 50L $13.19 using Vupon code (EE2G-EFSFEM-TRURA7) and discount on Amz page.

1 Thank

Wow, that looks like a killer deal for a very large backpack! :+1:

There are actually several decent backpack deals on Vipon with single use codes. Some cheaper than this one…

1 Thank