Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

Has anyone compared the glue on Sofirn lights to the Astrolux ones? The MF01 was glued pretty tight but I got it open with two strap wrenches without heating it up :smiley:

Hmmm… that’s a bad break. :frowning:
The color of my SP36 is a beautiful Neutral White.
Neutral White hotspot with a very slight yellow halo fading back into lovely neutral white spill.

Never even notice the very slight yellow if not shined on a white wall fairly close up. :wink:

I love this light…. :+1:

@Wieselflinkpro

I dont exactly remember which thread JasonWW posted it in, but he mentioned that the final SP36’s didnt had as much glue as Jos his sample light.
He managed to get the driver out without too much hassle by putting some rods into the holes of the LED wires and some gentle tapping which got it out easily.

I ordered one as well, last week, i’ll see if it’s angry blue with the typical XPL2 yellow/greenish corona (I hope not).

@barry

is there any chance to buy spare parts from sofirn, such as replacement DTP’s with pre-soldered emitters?

Sorry, I don’t have a SP36. I was talking about the SP33. I know very little about the SP36.

That makes sens, as the SP36 has a screwed emitter, so I can not put some rods intu the holes of the led.

That is how Jos did it: Sofirn SP36, impressions of a sample - #62 by djozz

OK, I understand the problem, why you decide to glue something.

But please decide to use retainer-ring an glue the ring inside the flashlight. This would be easyer to open for us flashlight modders.
Or use screws for the driver on bigger flashlighs, as on the Q8. This is easy to open too. This would be possible for the SP36 too.

Please find ways to hold your return rate low and to make it possible to change LEDs for skilled peoples.

Please PM me for any parts you want. :smiley:

Wherever I used it, it was pretty permanent, it sticks extremely well to metal and even withstands reflowing temperature without giving way.

Does anyone know what is power source for Sofirn S2820? Is it replaceable? Thank you in advance!

It’s just 5cm long, net weight 30g, diameter 1.5cm

Pretty sure it is 3 button batteries, LR44 hopefully but perhaps the smaller AG3

Thanks djozz! That’s what I was afraid of. I would love it in AAA format

If only these were Sofirn’s quality flashlight, with good 4000-4500K emitter :blush: , I would buy both in a heartbeat :smiley:

and

Btw, second one looks like potentially good budget host for nice modifications (driver separated from switch and USB port) :wink:

The second one looks like a beautiful host. Perfect for modding. Is it 21700?

It’s 18650/26650 SKYWOLFEYE R09

Has there been any further thought about taking over and releasing the Utorch UT03 light?

Maybe so, but I think that it probably feels nice in the hand.
To me this light definitively looks nice in the hand, as it reminds me Manker U11 from this perspective.

Even 26650 version isn’t too big in the hand, although to me it is too complicated as it has side lights that I don’t need.

What is this light? Anybody got a link?

It’s Manker U11

Thank you! :+1: