Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

Triple press = battery voltage? Say, three blinks, then nine blinks for 3.9v?

Yeah, blinking out the voltage is nice the way you mentioned. But even the simplier method like mihlit mentioned is helpful also. The Biscotti UI (IIRC) uses a 4 blink battery check.

• 4 blinks = 90 - 100%
  • 3 blinks = 70 - 89%
  • 2 blinks = 50 - 69%
  • 1 blink = 30 - 49%

I may not have listed the percentages exactly correct, but you can get the idea I think.

Oh, I like that. Yep, if someone builds it like that (except maybe make it 4 clicks for battery check, not 3) then we’re on fire.

Please someone make this!

Convoy uses it in some of their lights now.

Yep, I’ve got a few S2+s with it - I was meaning in conjunction with a 16340 and the UI above :slight_smile:

Extremely late to the party so please forgive me but reading the last few pages here makes it sound like Sofirn is a new brand yet to launch, but I found a lot of stuff on UK Amazon.

Are these legit?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sofirn-Torch-Super-Bright-Lumen/dp/B07KG274NT/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=sofirn&qid=1554114716&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Thanks

Welcome to BLF SongBox!
Sofirn is a fairly new brand but already existed as a manufacturer for other brands. They launched their own brand name “Sofirn” I think it was two years ago and after starting with products on their own, some new, some copies of existing flashlights, they are eager to develop more products in cooperation with BLF, which is rare in the chinese flashlight industry. A cumbersome process, not the least because of cultural and language barriers, but it is paying off in a series of new flashlights with some innovative BLF-originating features.

Awesome - thanks for the summarised catchup. Seems like quite an exciting development. I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Are any of the existing Sofirns (for example the one I linked to) worth buying or should I wait?

Thanks

Hi SongBox,

you can have a look onto the spreadsheet that I created with help from rost333.

This should reflect most of Sofirn’s current lineup. Which of these lights are worth buying depends on the actual application you want to use them for, so it’s very individual. If I was to give some general recommendation, I would suggest to buy following:

C01S - a must have on your keychain for emergency use or as a backup light (you will surely love the nice tint of the C01S).
SP32A V2.0 - a very useful EDC (every day carry) light that can also be run with 2x CR123A lithium batteries (these can be stored up to 20 years).
SP33 - a very nice allrounder with a bigger size than SP32A V2.0 but still very handy. It’s price/performance ratio is really great.
SP36 - if you want to have a real powerhouse of light, get this one and buy yourself some good batteries (Samsung 30Q, Sony VTC6, …). Keep in mind, it’s gonna be heavier und hotter :smiley:

If you need any detailled information, don’t hesitate to ask. :wink:

Cheers,
Thomas

Sofirn makes very affordable flashlights but all Sofirn lights are a step-up from the real crappy budget lights. But some Sofirn lights clearly stand out. It is partly a matter opinion but here is my pick:

*Sofirn Q8 (can’t leave it out, I helped developing it :wink: ). Bright, good tint, fairly throwy for a soup can light, tough, great user interface, cheap for what it is
*SP36. Smaller version of the Q8 with 3 batteries instead of 4, and USB-C charging.
*SC31. Under-appreciated little gem: very compact, goodlooking, 1x18650 , USB-charging, moderate output, too cheap for what it is (now 11 dollar on Banggood I just saw). Great for non-flashoholics too.
*SP70. The new 90mm head 7000 lumen monster. If it performs like it looks like it will, it is a winner.
*C01S. 1xAAA twisty, two modes, the appearance was developed together with BLF, great colour rendering.

There’s more but this is what I can think of on the go.

SC31 is brilliant to gift to family :slight_smile:

Yes, totally legit. A very nice light. :+1:

Welcome to BLF, enjoy your stay.

Another chance for Sofirn to increase volume of sell could be ordering flashlights from this OEM source:

($2.20 - $2.98 / Pieces | 10 Pieces (Min. Order) USB Rechargeable Zoomable Flashlight)

put Sofirn’s Logo/name on it and sell it in Sofirn’s Stores.
There could be several version with different LED (warm, neutral, cold light).
Sell it with let’s say 50% profit and build wealth to develop better products :wink:

Barry can you pass this idea to your boss?
I will buy few with warm light LED for my friends once you put them in your Ali store. :heart_eyes:

Amen to those suggesting small 16340 / 18350 flashlights! :star:
I’ve been saying that for a while, as I’ve been fond of those small lights recently!!
(tail e-switch would be awesome IMO :innocent: :smiling_imp: )

Ordered a Q8 holster (with the SP70) - it was about time for the Q8, hope it fits well!

Although I wouldn’t mind seeing cheap flashlights with decent tints to them, you have to be careful in a situation like this not to dilute the brand that Sofirn’s trying to build up.
I haven’t seen evidence of Boruit custom-manufacturing products for their resellers (with different drivers or LEDs), and I don’t think Sofirn’s in the modding business at this point.
If Sofirn sells lights like these as-is on their store (like they do with the Boruit D10/D25), it might just weaken Sofirn as a brand and move them further from the qualities they’re trying to associate their name with.

If anyone wants a presentable “gift box” (see the Zanflare F1, Convoy S2+es with the metal switch, etc.), you can charge an extra buk for the fancy box and packing.

I’d be happy with a generic box as long as it would protect the flashlight. The plastic tray seems sturdy enough. No? Not sure why that dense foam was preferred.

Anyway, I’m fine with the current boxes as-is, except as I mentioned, a sticker listing what’s inside.

Yes, I know. The quality would have to be checked first. As-is would be a bad idea. I don’t think that swapping LED by OEM manufacturer on Sofirn’s request could be that problematic. Once Sofirn would be happy with quality and tints they could make good money on such lights. Just saying.

I’m pretty sure that Sofirn can count on BLF’s help with choosing the right LEDs :smiley:

/\ … +1 …. To me it is not about the box at all .
It is all about what comes in the box. :wink:

The light itself is what tells the story, not the package. :+1:

Holy xxxx, no wonder amazon purchased some sofirn products from DE. Guess amazon sells them in UK!