Andúril 2 coming to Sofirn - The general Sofirn development thread

This is beyond my wildest expectations. Very interesting. Probably he will be able to keep 2500-3500 Lm (at 24 ° C) without triggering the thermal control. I would not want to increase the size of the Q8, I have little interest in the turbo modes.

Thank you for NOT choosing to sell those cheaply assembled lights that can’t be modified usefully.

Yeah right, the Q8 can’t even handle 4 3v 50.2’s maxed out 17000+lm on the new high current cells, let alone 6? :person_facepalming:

Your going to need a waaaaaay bigger bodied light for (6) 3v 50.2’s!

Sofirn C8T and Sofirn SP31 in Wikipedia :smiley:

Flashlight

Nice! I like it!

I have write/update access to our flashlight wiki: http://flashlightwiki.com/Main_Page, but just haven't had the time. Not to mention 50 or so lights to mod...

Wow, I plan to do this mod too.
Did you increased the resistance by using long thin wires, to protect the LEDs from overheating/dieing?
Or how did you do this mod? (Bypassed springs? Which LED-wires? …?)

That would be great. Even with bigger head as mentioned before.

But please use 3B tint (have seen them on cutter.au) or similar NW color tint. 4000K would be even better as option beside you standard CW, if 4000K would be aviable.

I have changed the LEDs of my SP36 yesterday and plan to change them on the C8F. Please use 4000-5000K on the Q8 Pro, otherwise I and perhaps others will not buy it because of the light color. Changing 6 XHP50.2 would be too expensive.

I got 3 3V XHP50.2's in a much smaller light, the Amutorch X9, and I find it quite usable doing 10K-12K lumens at max. Again, I repeat my unanswered, unaddressed plea to use a larger size head if you go with 6 LED's.

For those with somewhat boosted XP-L2 Q8's and a SP36 to compare, can feel the difference a little more properly designed mass makes.

They are just testing right now. The tests might be more about power and heat than about tint.

Since the 3v version is so new it is only available in a few different tints. Maybe more tints will become available over the next few months. We will have to wait and see.

(3B seems too much above the BBL, right?)

Please don’t use 3B :confounded:

Yes of cause. I wanted them to order a nice color tint, if they want to produce this flashlight.
And 3B is the warmest I have found, thats why I was writing about. 3D is nicer, of cause, but not jet avilable.

So hey, the headlamps! Did I miss that in here? Or just a sneaky one?

Also - does anyone have an SP10 V2.0 they’re willing to open up and measure? Considering getting one and swapping to SST20 and a TIR optic; smoother flood and nicer tint :wink:

Sofirn any info of C8G

Hey, where’s the pic from? Any additional info? There’s been some chatter about a Sofirn headlamp lately (Link1 Link2), curious how development is going.

Nice the video :beer:

Very cool (and yeah, nice video). I see reflectors and TIR, USB charging, SST-20 and XP-L (?)… nice.

So, Sofirn is developing their first flashlight with a 12V boost driver. I’m very curious about this new C8-type model. According to the information on F*book they will use a lot of parts from the C8F host including the aluminum retaining ring, i.e. hopefully non-glued lights. :+1:

Love this comment…

“You will enjoy any of their large ass…”

Like, who wouldn’t? :laughing: