Anduril 2 feature change suggestions

For me 0.1V error is acceptable. It still tells me if the battery is low, med, high. Do I have some juice in this battery is essentially my use case scenario, not what is the exact voltage to 0.025V.

I have never seen a 0.3V error in my own flashlights. I guess maybe if you were previously using turbo then there could still be a lot of sag in the battery, but just picking a flashlight off the shelf and doing 3C ? It was 0.3V out ? I never saw it but I will take your word for it.

In any case, if this level of error is inherent then I would again ask the question, why bother blinking voltage to 0.025V steps ? Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.

I gifted a flashlight to a friend recently, put it in muggle mode and tried to explain the meaning of 3C. They do not know that a full cell is 4.2V, that a mid-cell is 3.7-3.8 etc. Most people do not know this, nor retain it. In the end it was a pointless endeavour, they will not remember it, so they will use 3C at all. A good feature going unused. For muggle mode it would suffice to blink once per 20% of battery. Everybody can understand this, 5 blinks is full, 1 blink is nearly empty

3C goes to ceiling for a short moment (2C from off). If you have your ramp ceiling set to 150 and using a low drain battery, the voltage drop can be huge.

Yeah, one decimal place would be enough.

The firmware has this implemented already, but not enabled.

1 Thank

With all the talk about what the defaults are… i have a question. How much eeprom space is used by Anduril?

Why? Because would not it be great to be able to save user defaults and then revert to user defaults instead of doing factory reset? That would solve so many issues, from people being annoyed by default settings to the fact that one might have to do factory reset and reconfigure everything if they mess something up by a misclick or two.

At least for for larger MCUs which have more eeprom and program memory…

This is the line I tried to reference (212):

“smooth steps” is the name of this feature:

1. // Use “smooth steps” to soften on/off and step changes

I suppose that makes sense (3C going to ceiling for a short moment, causing a lot of sag)

If the batt check blinks 1-5 levels (instead of voltage) then the sag issue goes away because the voltage can be re-measured between blinks and will only correct up, not down. So extra blinks can be added on the fly if the voltage is coming up, the user will not even be aware that the initial measurement was wrong

I was looking for some kit to install everything needed without having to search for dependencies and found this thread.

I have Mac and it is not necessary all that is commented.

Just install any version of Linux ubuntu for example, on a usb pen connect it to the Mac and boot from the Pen and you have linux!

To compile!

I was looking for an ide to use as I do with my micro-controllers, which is easier and more comfortable for those who do not feel good in a terminal window, plus you edit and compile in the same window.

In this case as I said you can do it without changing mac.

You also have versions of Parallels Desktop and VMWare which has versions for any working Mac.

Hope this helps even though the thread is old.

I have old computers and laptops from repairs I will use one with Ubuntu and take the frills off the new anduril like star-stop soft.

If you’re looking for an IDE, VSCode is available for Linux and is ubiquitous in terms of having tutorials for everything. If you’d rather stick to open source, Codelite looks decent. Personally I don’t really use IDEs that often so I can’t offer specific support, but there are enough resources available.

No, I’m not looking for anything.

I have my micro controller tools, although I haven’t done anything for a long time due to health problems.

I was commenting because there was no solution for a user with an old mac.

And he explained that there are several solutions.

I hope it helps that mac user.
PD: I use a translator, maybe I can’t be understood.

1 Thank

Anduril 2 on SP 21 pro. It would appear in stepped ramp mode, you can’t adjust each level separately! Rather, all you can do is set the upper/lower limits and the no. of steps. Is this correct or am I missing it somehow? Surely this can’t be true. It’s easily the most obvious and important feature you’d want, if the light is to be programmable.

Yes that’s correct.
I agree that individual step configuration would be nice though.

Ya I was pretty sure I wasn’t missing it. Huge omission, not sure why it’s the case. On SP 21 pro then, it makes for a bad stepped mode. Because on this light, if you want access to lowest level (set floor at 1 click) which appears to be 0.5 lumen, then even choosing 4 steps is really bad because the next highest level is wildly wrong and seems like 50 lm, for whatever reasons. :-1:

It’s assumed that the ramp table is made to generate steps with good enough spacing regardless of the number of steps and floor/ceiling. If you get a spacing too large between the 1st and second step then it could be that the ramp table used for this model wasn’t exponential enough.

Sofirn sometimes ships different firmware that’s not tuned for the light too. @Beckler could you check the version (using 15C) to see whether the factory firmware is appropriate for Sc21 pro? If not, a reflash might improve the ramp table (not sure though).

This is really a question rather than a feature request. I think I read at one point where TK moved access to the blinky modes into the simple mode? Is this correct ? And, if so, when did it happen.

I gave a TS10 with the latest Andruil 2 release on it to a friend and it is doing things that I didn’t expect. I think he has it it simple mode, but does have access to strobe/candle/bike flash.

THX

Some lights have blinkies in simple mode. You can check if you are in simple or advanced by doing a battery check (3C from off). If the battery check blinks out the value more than once, it’s in advanced.

I hope you enjoy your stay, just_testing_things!

Very true, but my question is whether my memory was correct in thinking that the inclusion of blinkies in the simple mode did become standard in a recent release of Andruil 2…

It’s me doing something wrong…or triple click to check battery while in lock out disengage the lock out???
For me it’s so, checked many times to be sure

Triple click in lock out unlocks but without switching the light on.

yes,

I believe that extended simple UI became a default in 2023 firmware revisions

For example, it is listed as added to Hank light firmware release changes on 2023-04-29:

emisar, noctigon: Added Extended Simple UI to Hank’s config, so a few more features are allowed in simple mode

The TS10 V2 ship w 2023-07-29, with extended simple UI. I believe the other 2023 firmware updates including, 2023-06-29, 2023-10-31 and 2023-12-03, all use extended simple UI.

1 Thank