Anduril 2 UI diagrams (generic, Lumintop, Sofirn)

Correct.

So double click from off = ceiling level in Anduril or Anduril 2

On the few lights I have with Anduril I notice there is no shortcut to ON at turbo from off, unless you set the ramp ceiling to 150.

The 2H from off (momentary) turbo in Anduril 2 Advanced is probably good enough for this small size light, but in a larger light I’d want a regular turbo shortcut from off without having to set the ramp ceiling at max, maybe there’s a way to set it up like that, but I haven’t been able to get much deeper into it.

@jon_slider & @beam0 Thanks to you both.

Unfortunately, that's not it. The 21700 is full based on the TS21's voltage check (previously verified accurate) and separately with a DMM. (And I need to correct myself in that this behavior happens on both of my TS21s). If it's something that Wurkkos added (intentionally or not), since there's nothing in the operation manual, then I'll have to check with them. Same goes with the odd behavior many have experienced with the Blue LED.

I am curious if anyone else has noticed this with their TS21!

agree

that is the only way I know
to create a 2C shortcut to turbo

set ceiling to 150=Turbo

If the orange LED is the one that is controlled by anduril (which you can configure via 7C from off), then this is normal. On low levels it will be low and at some level it will switch to high. That’s what is explained in the section you’ve quoted. Maybe low is just too low to be visible when the light is on.

In more recent versions of Anduril there is an option to configure the 2C behavior.

Got my Ti FWAA just yesterday and now I wonder, I set the bottom for simple UI to 1/150th, so basically moon mode, so that the ramping goes all the way, but now moon and low have 0 difference in LOCKOUT MODE as moon seems to access 1/150 and low seem to be the ramping bottom.

But setting the bottom higher makes moon-mode inaccessible in simple UI, it is only available in LOCKOUT MODE then…

Am I dumb? is there a solution/way to set the “low” differently?

Congrats on your new FWAA

No, you are not dumb.

IF you want the two locked out modes to differ, and you set Simple to 1/150, you must set the floor of Advanced higher than 1/150, OR set Manual Memory to something higher than 1/150

in my fwaa, I have both simple and advanced floors set to 1/150, AND I set Manual Memory to 5 Lumens. So in lockout, 1h gives the lowest floor set in Simple, and 2H gives the Manual Memory…

THx for the quick reply, nice hack, so now LOW is moon and MOON is medium, I can live with that workaround :slight_smile:

I think you mean this this part of the Maual:
“Item 4: Configure Advanced UI’s turbo style:

0: No turbo, only ceiling.

1: Anduril 1 style. Ramp -> 2C goes to full power.

2: Anduril 2 style. Ramp -> 2C goes to ceiling, or goes to full power if user ramped up to ceiling first. This value also affects momentary turbo in Ramp and Off modes.”

Im not sure that 2C gives Turbo from off in any of those settings… does it?

It has been mentioned before. I’m surprised your battery check is ok. Mine jumps around in simple mode. The blue light should be ignored. It is spastic. The amber light should get brighter at higher levels with Anduril. The low level is just to low to see. This is a great little light but needs to be debugged to be perfect.

Yes, 2C from off was always ceiling and is still ceiling independent of that option.

very helpful
if someone wants Turbo from 2C, set Ceiling to 150

Can this be done with Anduril 2? Hopefully simple mode?

From off

1C 50% (or something like that, hopefully configurable)
1H 0.1% (or something low, hopefully configurable)
2C Turbo

From on

1C off
2C Turbo
1H don’t care (low or off would be nice)

1C 50% (or something like that, hopefully configurable)
==> Set level, then enable manual memory by 10C

1H 0.1% (or something low, hopefully configurable)
==> Set floor to desired level

2C Turbo
==> Set ceiling to 150

… and set stepped ramping to “3” levels steps (for Moon, Mid, High), and 10C to Simple UI.

Do you mean “number of steps” to “3” ? Or “levels” and “number of steps” are two different concepts?

Also ceiling and turbo are different, correct?
I found this in the manual

Does this mean if the light is shipped in simple UI, it is behaving exactly as I asked for? That is assuming either I like existing floor (or I can adjust it if needed)

Yes you are correct, 3 steps at the difference brightness levels, sorry for the confusion.

Correct. Ceiling is the highest level in the ramping range (smooth or stepped) and Turbo is full power (2C), typically using the full FET. Depending on the version of your Anduril FW, some versions reduce power from the FETusing (PWM). use a combination of FET+7135 chips or even avoid using FET entirely depending on the emitter power handling ability. For example my FW has no Turbo and I’m not using the FET, to avoid over-powering the Nichia 219B LEDs.

Unless you made the request of the seller to customize the configuration of the UI, the Anduril factory defaults differ from what you are asking. You will need to use the Advance UI to make any UI changes. Once the changes are completed, you can return to the Standard UI which will BTW be retained in memory even between battery changes.

I will be receiving Wurkkos TS21 once it gets shipped and I am trying to see what I need to do when I get it.

The information at Wurkkos for the TS21 indicates that it comes with Anduril-1 so it might be more appropriate to post on an Anduril-1 thread instead. (Unless you plan to upgrade the FW, which will be a whole other thing in itself.)

The options available for Anduril (1) will differ from the instructions provided in the above posts. Still 3 Steps but as Manual Memory isn’t available in Anduril (1) you need be sure light is at 50% when you turn it Off, in order for it to default 1C next time you turn On. 1H is still (settable) Min and 2C is still (settable) Max.

If you ramp from 50% before turning light Off, that new level (Max or Min) are automatically be memorized as the 1C level.

It should come with Anduril 2 from what I’ve heard. Turbo is level 150 btw

Pre-sale,will ship on 12th, Jan, been delayed 3 days, sorry for the inconvenient.

TS21 219C version delivers a maximum output of up to 2800 lumens with a maximum range of 217 meters. Its side switch controls all functions: power on/off, battery indicator, output level and change of mode groups. The sophisticated Andúril UI provides a both user friendly and highly flexible interaction as well as simple one-hand operation.

Specifications
Emitter: Nichia 219C 5000K
Operating voltage: 2.8V – 4.2V
Battery options: 1x 21700
Dimension: 113.4mm (length) x28mm (head diameter)
Weight: 78 grams (without battery)
Flashlight body: Aerospace grade 6061 grade aluminum alloy, CNC manufactured to hard-anodized to military grade specification type III, anti-abrasive finish to get solid built body, anti-crash geometry and better heat exchange.
Water resistance i.a.w. IPX-8
Mode Memory: memorizes the last brightness level used in the general modes (except Strobe)
Low Voltage Protection: If the battery’s voltage is lower than 2.8V, TS21 steps down automatically to avoid battery damage by over discharge. At 2.7V the flashlight will turn off automatically.
Advanced Temperature Regulation (ATR) technology: By default ATR will reduce the brightness level automatically when the driver temperature reaches 45°C to prevent overheating. You can set a different temperature threshold by following the thermal configuration guideline.
Firmware: TS21 uses open source software called Andúril 2.0, distributed under the terms of the GPL v3. The source code is available from http://tiny.cc/TKAnduril