Anduril 2 UI diagrams (generic, Lumintop, Sofirn)

Can you explain the memory business - no-memory, manual, automatic and hybrid? I would think with no-memory and with single step (assuming floor and ceiling are NOT considered steps, if they are then it will be 3 steps) would be what I want? I absolutely do NOT want non-deterministic memory which depends upon the amount of time light was turned on nor do I want any extra blink to indicate “now I will remember”. Some of my very older lights, Rexlight from Kaidomain (DealExtreme); no idea if any of you were even born when those came out :slight_smile: have that type of firmware and I do NOT like that.

Without actually having tried the light myself, if this is true (219C and Anduril2) then you should be good to go following the above posts (#133-136).

From Advance UI, make the changes (Set the Floor/Ceiling levels as desired, # of steps to 3, and Manual memory). Return to Standard UI and you should have pretty much what you were seeking, with the exception of “From ON –1H” which would cycle/step the levels,

The new memory settings in Anduril 2 add tremendous flexibility.

• Manual Memory allows you to set a default 1C level.
  • Automatic Memory (or Disabled Manual memory) sets the 1C level to the level when the light was turned Off (except Turbo or 1H Floor)
  • Hybrid Memory is a mix, it uses Automatic Memory (the level at turn Off) for n-minutes (settable), after n-minutes it returns to your original default Manual setting. Sort of like a temporary bypass of the 1C default, for when conditions are darker or brighter than routine.

The treasure of Anduril 2 is not it’s complexity but rather it’s flexibility, that despite some scary looking charts it can be customized to create something simple like a 3 feature UI (1H Floor, 1C Medium, 2C Ceiling).

I hope the TS21 works out for you, be sure to share your experiences with the rest of us.

Thank you!

This is the exact 3 feature UI interface that I am looking for in a light.

once you have the light, you will be able to answer your own questions better

meanwhile
you could read the Manual posted in this review:

here is one of the pages, that describes how the light works

I bought a TS21 a few months ago that came stock with Anduril 2. I got the SST20-4000k version. I’ve used it some, but quickly returned to my stable of D4V2 and D4SV2 lights. The TS21 is not user programmable to the best of my knowledge and I don’t care much for the feel of the thumb switch on it compared to the Hanklights.

I wonder if the flow charts are not up to date. My Anduril 2 light is in Simple UI mode. Battery check does NOT loop. But I have following available which are listed as only available under Advance UI.

While the light is on, a few actions are available:

Button Action
1C Turn Off.
2C Go to or from the turbo level.
(or if it has regulated down, “bump” back up to turbo)
(turbo level / behavior is configurable)
1H Change brightness (up). If the button was released less than a second ago, or if it’s already at the ceiling, it goes down instead.
2H Change brightness (down)
3C Switch to the other ramp style. (smooth / stepped)
3H Tint ramping (on lights which have it).
3H Momentary turbo (on lights with no tint ramping).
4C Go to Lockout mode.

When the battery is fully charged by in-built charger (stops charging - blinking blue goes steady blue) and the cell itself shows 4.20 on voltmeter, the battery check from Simple UI blinks “4+1”. May be the internals are reading voltage as 4.19 and gets truncated to 4.1 ? How many digits accuracy is being able to show via blinking pattern?

Check out https://teddit.net/r/flashlight/comments/sk1upj/and%C3%BAril_2_ui_chart/

Someone improved upon the original UI diagrams. Very nice!

One decimal place accuracy is pretty good for a built in battery checker in a sub $100 Cdn flashlight/lantern. I cannot expect it to be as accurate and to display it to 3 decimal places as my Fluke 85 V multimeter. This is a flashlight/lantern not a dedicated voltmeter. Now if only my LT1 can cook me breakfast in the morning I can start complaining about they type of coffee it serves.

There are two limitations:

1. When you press the button, the LED flashes briefly. This causes the battery voltage to drop for a moment and the first (and only) measurement will report slightly lower.
2. The measurement accuracy is not very good, but good enough to measure roughly 0.1 V.

You can calibrate the voltage measurement if you know the exact voltage of your batteries (or after fully charging them). Go to full UI, enter battcheck via 3C, then enter calibration with 7H:

1C: -0.30V
          2C: -0.25V
          3C: -0.20V
          4C: -0.15V
          5C: -0.10V
          6C: -0.05V
          7C: default, 0V
          8C: +0.05V
          9C: +0.10V
          10C: +0.15V
          11C: +0.20V
          12C: +0.25V
          13C: +0.30V

My goal has been to avoid having to click 10x + 10x + 10x to configure the Simple UI! (aka got to Advance, Enter simple config, exit in to simple UI) That seems rather heavy handed! But I suspect I will give up soon and will go over to the dark side :slight_smile:

Why is it such a big deal? You only have to do it once.

There is only so much you can do with a single button. :slight_smile:

is it possible to slow down the stepped ramp? The diagram shows that capability only for smooth ramp. From off, 1H immediately starts behaving as if 1H was issued from ON aka starts ramping up very quickly.

I thought 3C no looping on battery check means I am in simple UI but when I went to Advance UI, the 3C still had single battery check and no looping. Was I not in Advance UI? How do I determine if I am in simple or advance easily?

If batt check didn’t loop you were still in simple UI.

If you have a recent version of Anduril 2, the immediate ramp up when you 1H from off can be disabled as well. After entering advanced mode, do 10H from ON and keep holding for the third flash, then release and click once.

After changing the setting, when you 1H from off the light will stay at the bottom of the ramp until you release the button and hold again.

Anduril can seem daunting when reading stuff like this but remember, once everything is configured you can switch back to simple UI and never think about it again. At its most basic, Anduril is a simple 1 click on/off UI with ramping.

Anduril has many user configurable features, that benefit from reading the Manual, and using a flowchart, when making changes…

What I am requesting is that when I do 1H from OFF, I want the light to got to floor and STAY there instead of treating the continued hold as command to keep ramping up.
The ramp already stops at the end of the travel whether at floor or at ceiling. That is NOT what I am asking.

Wurkkos has included printed manual for latest TS21 but done with the smallest font known to mankind! I have had no luck finding the matching PDF file on the Web. The manual looks like it is written in correct English and by a professional writer instead of being in “Chinglish”.

The light is using Anduril 2 but what are the defaults chosen by the manufacturer when the firmware was built? Does GPL require that information to be published?

One of the latest flowchart has top left block which says “1H in a config menu = 10C” What does that mean? I do not remember any other flowchart or document had anything like that.

Is there a paragraph explaining what “a config menu” is?

I appreciate your help. I do hardware/firmware programming for paying my mortgage, so I am not exactly unfamiliar with FSM. Just being able to get in to Advance UI took me many many tries. I had to do factory reset few times just to get out of “fast flicker” that I had landed in. Right now the battery check is looping, so I am now in Advance UI.

See my above comment. I answered this question.

Is it possible to “stay” in “Ramp Config” or “Ramp Extra Config” menu to do all of the necessary items which are therein instead of having to do the entire 10H sequence again?

Please understand that at least for me, either due to my clumsiness or the flakiness of the light, I am having great difficulty with 10C or 10H aka multiple presses consistently. I am trying to minimize them if possible.

Is there a global setting which will make doing this more forgiving? If I do that before doing anything else, it will make it easy to do the other configuration. I now I understand what my dear father must have felt when I was trying to teach him how to double click mouse button on a computer :frowning:

Yes, that is possible, see above.

Version check will tell you which config was chosen. Decode the last four digits using this list, then check the corresponding cfg-*.h file.

When you enter a number you can hold the button to add 10. 1H 1H 3C is 23.

Of course, in the manual.

That might be “a config menu”.

No.

No.

But everything can be configured during runtime compile time. You can create your own cfg file and build your own version.

Yay! An updated chart!