Anduril ... 2?

Found super tiny micro bug.

Flashlight ON -> click -> flashlight OFF -> super small pause -> hold -> turbo. Expected: ramping from the bottom.

I was able to replicate twice this on a KR4 but needed perfect timing to do so and it was two out of twenty+ attemps. Switch bounce registering an extra click sometimes and therefore reading as ā€œ2Hā€ when the light is off?

Great minds think alike! :smiley:

Successfully flashed the latest version to my SP36 BLF :+1:

Now it is time to play with the code. :smiley:

I gotta grab the latest to burn in a HK90. Wonder if the HK90 is the largest stock light shipped with Anduril. Not sure if any of the GT's ship with it.

The HK90 is a monster light for sure.

How hard was it to get to the driver?

Took a couple attempts but this is what I did on a SP36:

Thanks, Tom. I think Iā€™ll leave mine alone for now.

Yea, I really really don't like glue, but not to glue the driver down in a light like this is a pain because every time you open up the battery tube, the driver tends to pop out, so you have to be sure it's properly back in place before screwing it back together. It's my light, so I'll deal with it. If I were to sell one, I'd use some glue or silicone, something that dries soft and can easier be taken apart again.

I used the other method: pull out the side switch and hammer the board out from the inside. Worked quite well.

I had read somewhere that the reflector was screwed in from the bottom. Was yours?

Center screw holds the reflector down to the MCPCB. I think the outer screws hold the MCPCB down to the shelf:

Thanks. :+1:

I just downloaded the latest Anduril 2 source, rev 579, updated my local Atmel Studio project with the updated source code, and re-built it, downloaded it to a Haikelite HK90. All went pretty well in the build and config process.

Running it, definitely Anduril2 behavior, but I found for temperature calibration, there is only 1 setting - the first to set the temp, but the 2nd setting doesn't come up, so I can't set the temperature limit. The earlier revs I used, 559 and 561, didn't have this problem. Anyone else see this?

Didn't check the code yet.

The config menus have changed. You have to keep the button pressed and it will flash every few seconds, each flash indicating the next menu item. The first flash will occur very early when you start holding the button. Release the button to configure that item.

I don't see it described that way in the manual (anduril-manual.txt) and the manual seems updated.

I am reading what you describe in the source code comments though. Any doc or mention of it? Maybe I missed/forgot it?

Edit: Ok, I got it working, but looks like I have to wait for 1 blink for the 2nd setting

From the manual:

Configuration Menus
-------------------

Every config menu has the same interface. It has one or more options
the user can configure, and it will go through them in order. For each
menu item, the light follows the same pattern:

• Blink once, then go to a lower brightness. The user can keep
    holding the button to skip this menu item, or release the button to
    dive in and enter a new value.

• If the user released the button:

• Stutter or "buzz" quickly between two brightness levels for a few
      seconds. This indicates that the user can click one or more times
      to enter a number. It will keep buzzing until the user stops
      clicking, so there is no need to hurry.

After entering a number, or after skipping every menu item, it waits
until the button is released then exits the menu. It should return to
whatever mode the light was in before entering the config menu.

That's what I meant when I wrote that the first blink comes early.

Ok, for some reason the brain is having a hard time comprehending it (). I think this means only one setting can be set per 7H clicks.

Exact! You need a 7H for each settingā€¦

Correct, but now you donā€™t have to wait through the buzzes so thatā€™s the pro/con.