Anduril ... 2?

Reading the full manual is good for learning the UI, but I like having a full diagram with all functions for quick reference.

Too many words in this post, iā€™m overwhelmed. Please reduce by 50% and i will consider reading :innocent:

Oh thank you for the link. Those photos weren't loading for me before. Now I can see them.

I totally agree. Now, as I look at the Lux-Perpetua's diagram, it doesn't seem as bad as I previously mentioned.

Think this is a better Simple UI diagram here: https://www.ff-light.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=77

For some reason I'm not seeing any of TK's pics/png's, so not sure what is in post #2.

Using the FF link directly:

Maybe itā€™s best to derive a separate UI diagram for SIMPLE UI only. The one taken from the FF website is nice but lacks some important features like tint ramp, access to moonlight/low, access to Advanced UI or factory reset. Moreover, the grey part for turbo can be removed as it is inaccessible in SIMPLE UI.

Eventually, a small cheat sheet with the SIMPLE UI on the front side and the ADVANCED/FULL UI on the back side might be the best outcome? I have seen that Fireflies sends the lights with a small printed card of the AndĆŗril UI. Maybe this could be a nice option for Hankā€˜s lights, too.

Itā€™s the same image. BLF now uses https and your browser blocks mixed content.

Thank you! A few suggestions:

1. What do you think of an arrow from "Momentary Mode" down to "Off" labelled "unscrew to remove power" (or something like that)? Also, you have two "Momentary Mode" nodes -- perhaps you can have a single one if the upper one is moved further down the page?
  2. You probably want a "1C" arrow from "Strobe Modes" back to "Off".
  3. The "Momentary Lockout" node could just be replaced with the "lock" icon.
  4. How about something like "Floor Level - while light flashes rapidly, click n times for level n, or press 0 times to proceed to next option"?
  5. I'm wondering if Momentary Strobe mode should be a separate node, since 2C doesn't do anything special except flash the strobe twice.

Is TK okay? I havenā€™t seen her around for a while.

I hope she hasnā€™t been taking peoples suggestions and comments to heart and is feeling overwhelmed at this

I don't know much but she has not been feeling well and hasn't been able to keep up on things here. Really really hope she improves and gets better - I'm sure we all do.

100%!

Thanks a lot to everyone here for your feedback and thanks for your suggestions above. Thatā€™s very helpful to improve the diagram and make it more comprehensible.

This is just a matter of taste, but those squiggly borders make it seem cartoonish to me.

Okay, will try to offer a less ā€žchildishā€œ version with the next update. :-D

I must say that I do like some sort of "undulating" border for the non-constant modes.

I was hoping the tower beacon/obstruction mode would make it into Anduril 2.

In all honesty, as long as your flashlight has flashing pads, it really isn't hard at all to build your own firmware image and flash it yourself. My expectation is that ToyKeeper will carefully control which features are part of the default build, but is open to including new features which are hidden behind conditional compilation flags -- so they would only be available in custom builds.

Also ToyKeeper was very busy recently and probably hasnā€™t even looked at the tower beacon code yet.

Hello. First post. Iā€™ve been reading the forum for weeks, playing with flashlights.

I have a question, can the changes to the fsm-main.c file made for Astrolux ft03 be used with other flashlights, or do I have to compile it separately? Bartosz.

Depends. Not familiar with the change. But if you think it can apply to the other lights, then yes - you would have to re-build the app with the proper cfg file for the light you want.

In anduril.c, you change the one line of code that configures the build for a specific light. For example, this is for the first model ROT66:

#define CONFIGFILE cfg-ff-rot66.h

The Astrolux FT03 has a different channel mapping and currently requires a small patch: Fix output configuration Ā· SammysHP/flashlight-firmware@68e36b3 Ā· GitHub

This is specifically for the FT03 and wonā€™t work with other flashlights (except they have the same output configuration).