Anduril ... 2?

Sweet! Thank you for testing this.

Meanwhile, I’ve filed a third merge request to allow disabling the temperature auto-calibration on factory reset (so you can compile in the right THERM_CAL_OFFSET for your specific flashlight, then never need to manually recalibrate). This goes alongside my second request that you just tested, adding RAMP_[X]SPEED_LEVEL, and the first request to make default autolock_time configurable. I’ve merged all three together into a big ’ol test firmware that I’ll be using for now.

If anyone else wants to follow along to try these out and has bzr/brz available, it’d be like this:
bzr branch lp:~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2
cd anduril2
bzr merge lp:~digitalcircuit/flashlight-firmware/anduril2_define_autolock
bzr commit -m “Merged digitalcircuit/anduril2_define_autolock”
bzr merge lp:~digitalcircuit/flashlight-firmware/anduril2_opt_ramp_low_slower
bzr commit -m “Merged digitalcircuit/anduril2_opt_ramp_low_slower”
bzr merge lp:~digitalcircuit/flashlight-firmware/anduril2_opt_disable_autocal_therm
bzr commit -m “Merged digitalcircuit/anduril2_opt_disable_autocal_therm”

Note that you’ll have to create/modify a custom cfg-[…].h file to specify the new #defines to enable these changes. If others are interested for reference, I can make a branch that has my custom digitalcircuit-cfg.h alongside cfg-emisar-d4sv2-digitalcircuit-w2.h and cfg-noctigon-kr4-nofet-digitalcircuit-e21a-2700k.h.

Fingers crossed that ToyKeeper will have time to review these at some point, and possibly offer feedback on the making Anduril 2 capable of displaying back configuration values idea too. (Aside, I apologize for some of the email spam with edits/etc - still learning Launchpad.)

Does anyone know what are the changes in the new Anduril2 builds posted here: Index of /torches/fsm/anduril2 by ToyKeeper, dated 11 and 14 July 2021?

Also, there is a 219b and a 219 build. It used to be 219 for all Nichia 219 emitters, c and b. Are they now separate and why?

@pol77
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2/changes

Thank you, that was very helpful. Unfortunately, it does not say why there is a 219 and a 219b build. What is the difference between the two?

Anybody have an idea why I can’t get to TK’s .txt manual file? Worked fine a few weeks ago, but now I’m getting a website error message….

http://toykeeper.net/torches/fsm/anduril2/anduril-manual.txt

Works for me, maybe you got something blocking on your side?

I don't know...

It works for me.

Tried both Chrome and DDG, same error. I don’t see anything in my browser settings that would prevent it from loading. Weird.

I flashed one of the new hex files just to test. The newest hex releases seem to have double click direct to turbo enabled. At least the D4v2_219 version does. I know some folks were looking for this.

Unfortunately that’s not what I want for my use. I reverted back to the January release.

Were you able to find the difference between the 219 and the 219b versions? I have been using the 219versins both for Nichia 219b and 219c emitters with no issues so far, so what is this new 219b about?

For Hank’s lights, all Anduril 2 official firmware files newer than May 14th will have USE_2C_MAX_TURBO set in hank-cfg.h, so unless Anduril 2 makes this a runtime configuration option, one will need to compile their own firmware builds to #undef USE_2C_MAX_TURBO to get Anduril 2’s normal behavior back.

(Asides from testing fixes and baking in other preferences/thermal calibration, undoing USE_2C_MAX_TURBO was part of my motivation for making my own digitalcircuit-cfg.h which reverts this from hank-cfg.h.)

Unfortunately I didn’t take the time to compare the versions before I reverted back. I have 219b sw40 in my D4v2 and am running the 2021-01-25 219 build and I haven’t had any issues.

Thanks for the info. I haven’t had any problems with the 01-25 builds so I’ll just keep using those for the time being.

Enough people have asked for this to become a runtime option that I’m surprised it hasn’t happened yet. I know nothing when it comes to coding, otherwise I’d attempt to do it myself.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but which Anduril configs do the Emisar DT8 and Noctigon KR1 use? I can’t see files for these lights.

KR4, KR4-nofet, KR4-219 depending on the LEDs.

Thanks for the info!

I am getting the same error message, tried with Chrome/Edge. Anybody have an alternative link?

I’ve read all through this post, but still cannot change my ramp levels in my Emisar K9.3 or Emisar DT8.
I’m in advanced UI, not simple UI.
With the light turned on, I click 7 times and hold on the last click. The light output goes brighter, then blinks once, then goes completely dark; no light from the front or the switch backlight.
If I quickly release the button right after that blink, before it goes dark, I get a flickering output for about 2 seconds. While it is flickering, I can click the button and the light blinks each time I click. after I stop clicking the light just goes back to on and nothing has changed; my top and bottom ramp levels are unchanged.
What am I doing wrong?

I don't have either light but sounds like you are getting to the ceiling setting - is that what you want to change? 1 click at that point during the flickering would set ceiling to the max level - is that what you want? Is it not changing from the stock setting? stock setting for ceiling is usually 120, which is 30 clicks.

I want to set both the low and the high (ceiling). But the diagrams show to click 7H and wait for the single flash to set low, or wait for the double flash to set high. I never see a double flash, only the single flash, which should to be the low setting, but does nothing.

Well, actually I've never seen it work that way. Not sure why it's documented that way. If you do your 7H then quickly release, you are now setting the floor. If you continue the 7H hold, and see 1 blink like a sec or two later, that's the ceiling setting. I just did this on my modded 3X21A running Anduril 2 and it worked this way.