Anduril ... 2?

Confirmed on mine (B35AM), firmware version 2021/11/12 0273. Someone also just made a reddit post about that bug (SFT40 version, they reflashed to a build from 12/13). Apparently aux has to be set to blinking, color has to be set to a static color, it doesn't unlock itself in any of the three special modes.

Is it intentional feature in tint ramping Emisar/Noctigon lights, that at both ends of tint ramp, if you keep pressing after the flash, ramp jumps back to middle? If tint ramping again after the jump to middle the ramp starts from the bottom or top depending from which end you jumped to middle. I notices this behavior after 3C to unlock update.

That feature was always there. It enables automatic tint temping depending on the brightness.

Ok, thanks. Must have missed that then.

To elaborate, it doesn’t exclusively jump to the middle of the tint ramp when you do that. The second blink ties the tint ramp to the brightness ramp. It’ll jump to the middle of the tint ramp if you are in the middle of the brightness ramp.

Thanks, I just figured that out.

Heya @ToyKeeper

first I want to say thank you! for your awesome work on Anduril 1/2. It really has come a long way and IMHO it's hands down the best "enthusiast grade" ;) flashlight UI on the market right now.

I updated my 3 Emisars to their respective Anduril2 2021/12/13 versions and everything is working damn near perfectly now.

There's two little things I can think of that could be improved further, I've been meaning to suggest this for quite some time so here we go:

1. The frequency in which Anduril blinks out information (e.g. voltage, temperature, version info etc.) should be adjustable

I've noticed that over the years Anduril got ever faster with its blinking frequency to the point where it is now borderline too fast IMHO.

Example: 3C from off to check voltage (say 3.9V), it's kind of hard to count the 9 blinks, sometimes I'm not sure if I counted 8 or 9. I'm usually not slow with these kind of things but I can imagine that some people will have real problems with this. A hopefully easy solution would be to add an adjustable delay between blinks, possibly via the 9H from off misc menu.

2. Realism of the candle mode
I really became aware of this when my partner bought some cheap "LED candles" and I was thinking "damn, these are very realistic" .. unlike the Anduril version.

I'm not completely sure what the problem is with the Anduril candle mode, it could be the algorithm itself or maybe it's just running through the brightness changes too quickly.

A real candle in relatively calm air/indoors doesn't flicker that much. Maybe all that's needed is another 7H menu in candle mode to adjust the speed/amplitude of the changes?

Cheers,

Valynor

I have the same difficulty in keeping up with the longer flash sequences, especially when using 15C to confirm the AndĂșril-2 version. Although it's not a major problem, an option to control the frequency would be a nice addition!

I’ve actually done this few months ago to suit my need. I am a heavy candle mode user so I also made a fireplace slow/fast mode modified from the candle mode. Use 4C/5C to adjust amplitude.
However I haven’t got a chance to migrate my code on top of the new dual-channel Anduril2 code. This is based on rev 598.

1 Thank

@starryalley, @Toykeeper

Knowing nothing about computer programming of any type, I've been curious how much time and effort it takes to write and implement a new firmware feature, from something considered relatively simple to something highly advanced or complex, especially for an established firmware such as AndĂșril-1 or 2.

What are the considerations before a feature request is determined possible, or even worthwhile? How many users would need to express interest before even considering a request?

Despite already having such great appreciation for what AndĂșril brings to this hobby, I would like to have an idea of how much we would be asking of a firmware developer, especially Toykeeper, to change, adjust, remove, or add a feature or function?

The @ symbol doesn’t tag people on this forum. You have to quote one of their messages to tag.

I’m just an Anduril2 user/lover and I program for living. For me it’s quite straight forward because Anduril2 is open source. Anyone with some knowledge can modify/add/remove things so I just copied Anduril2 code and modified as I like. FYI I spent a few weeks working last year on Anduril2 code to add some features that I like to have.

It's a way to address an individual when the quote button isn't working, which for some unknown reason, doesn't always.

Thank you!

There seems to be a bug in simple mode that was stumbled upon in the Wurkkos TS21. Battery check reads out voltages below the actual battery voltages as compared to advanced mode readings unless the light level is set low when shut off or manual memory is set low. It was speculated that the first flash when set high drags down the voltage and then stops unlike advanced mode which goes on to read the true battery voltage over and over or at least that is what we think is happening.

I have a new DT8; Cool White – SST20, 6500K/SST-20 Deep Red, 660nm.
I’m loving Anduril2, and all the options it gives me.
I wanted to add another strobe mode, kind of like the Police Strobe, but two white flashes, followed by two red flashes.
I’ve gotten the flashing down, but all 8 lights flash, rather than just half the lights at a time.
I thought it would be as simple as changing tint back and forth between 1 and 254 or 0 and 255.
This appears not to be the case.
I modified the Bike Flasher code as follows:

//Tint white
    TINT1_LVL = 255;    TINT2_LVL = 0;

//Channel 1 on Channel 2 off
    set_level(MAX_LEVEL);
    LED_ENABLE_PORT  |= (1 <<  LED_ENABLE_PIN);
    LED2_ENABLE_PORT &= (1 << LED2_ENABLE_PIN);
    nice_delay_ms(15);

//Channel 1 off
    set_level(0);
    LED_ENABLE_PORT  &= (1 <<  LED_ENABLE_PIN); 
    nice_delay_ms(80);

//Channel 1 on 
    set_level(MAX_LEVEL);
    LED_ENABLE_PORT  |= (1 <<  LED_ENABLE_PIN); 
    nice_delay_ms(15);

//Channel 1 off
    set_level(0);
    nice_delay_ms(80);

//Tint Red
    TINT1_LVL = 0;    TINT2_LVL = 255;         

//Channel 1 off Channel 2 on
    set_level(MAX_LEVEL);
    LED2_ENABLE_PORT |= (1 << LED2_ENABLE_PIN);
    nice_delay_ms(15);

//Channel 2 off
    set_level(0);
    nice_delay_ms(80);

//Channel 2 on
    set_level(MAX_LEVEL);
    LED2_ENABLE_PORT |= (1 << LED2_ENABLE_PIN); 
    nice_delay_ms(150);

//Channel 2 off
    set_level(0);

Can someone suggest a direction I should take to get the flashing to alternate between colors?

Thanks in advance

At a minimum, you appear to be missing some tildes (bitwise NOT operator). Turning a pin off should look like this:

LED_ENABLE_PORT &= ~(1 << LED_ENABLE_PIN);

Notice the squiggle (tilde) after the equal sign.

Google custom search doesn’t work for me so apologies if this has been discussed before. I was thinking it would be useful to have a stepped/ smooth options on the tint ramp as well. That way two lights could be colour-matched much more easily, e.g. for photography.

Does anyone lockout their lights from ON? Otherwise 4C from ON would be a logical choice for the switch IMO.

For anything that I frequently lock out, I just enable Anduril2’s auto-lock function and set it to 1 minute.

It’s already on the list (and I started working on it a while ago, but never finished it).