Anduril ... 2?

Shoot, good catch! I need to add that in. AFAIK, you now have the first Anduril AA light with aux. And now that aux LVP (mostly) works…

Yeah :smiley: , and I guess there’s no RGB voltage mode for Nimh ?, though I’m not sure it would work very well with the flat voltage of Nimh.

I have an Anduril 2 question. I’ve been trying to get Hybrid Memory Mode setup and seem to be having issues. I have 2 D4V2’s running the same anduril.2021-12-13.emisar-d4v2.hex firmware. On both lights I was able to do 10c from on to activate manual memory and save current brightness, and this works fine on both lights. But, only one of the lights will take the setting for the manual memory timer. If I do 10h from on, then after the 2nd flash do 5 clicks, it should be set to last used brightness for 5 minutes, then revert back to the saved manual memory. This works on one light, but not the other. The other still stays at manual memory. So I guess what I’d like to know, am I even doing this right?

yes,
you are using the same steps that work for me to set manual memory, and memory timer, on my Anduril 2 lights… FWAA, TS10, SP10, SC21…

I cannot explain why it only works on one of your lights

Thanks for at least confirming I’m on the right path. Let me do another factory reset and try again just to make sure I didn’t miss something.

Right now it misses the dual voltage check like here: ~toykeeper/flashlight-firmware/anduril2 : contents of ToyKeeper/spaghetti-monster/fsm-adc.c at revision 659

We could hook into low_voltage() to reduce code duplication. When the voltage is low, it would turn off the aux LEDs, but would not turn them on again when the voltage recovers.

Factory reset didn’t help, and I tried setting it up on another one of my lights, a DT8. I get the same thing. Manual Memory works, but the memory timer (hybrid memory) doesn’t take. When you go through the motions of 10h from on, wait 2 blinks and click for how many minutes, it looks like it is doing it correctly. However, turning the light on, it only goes to the manual memory saved setting.

After some playing around, I think I have a repeatable method for getting hybrid memory to work for me.

Factory Reset
10c from On to Activate Manual Memory and save current brightness. Light operates as Manual Memory.
10h from On, release after 2nd flash, click 5 times for 5 minute timer. Still operates as Manual Memory.
10h from On, release after 1st flash, click 1 time to disable manual memory. Light operates as Hybrid Memory with 5 minute timer.

If I reverse the last 2 steps, after 10h from On, release after 1st flash, click 1 time to disable manual memory, it will work in Hybrid Memory, but I don’t know what the minutes would be set at since they have not been set. So the last step would make sure its a 5 minute timer. So, following the order above, I can have working Hybrid Memory with correct timer everytime.

I haven’t gone through all my Anduril lights yet, but 4 lights in and this is working each time. Maybe this will help someone else who is also struggling with Hybrid Memory.

I just pushed a fix for this to my branch, rev 626. The only change is in aux-leds.c. I don’t have a test light for this, so if you would, give it a shot and let me know how it goes.

This fix is only for single-color aux. I’m with you in that I don’t think the voltage-based RGB would work too well with NiMH.

That was fast :smiley:

So do I need to test with only one aux led instead of RGB ?

Sorry, I mis-spoke (and just pushed another piece of the patch). It should work for RGB, too. Just not the voltage-based RGB color setting.

It works :+1:
At first I tought it didn’t as there was nothing, by default it’s in voltage mode in my cfg so I thought I’d see red, but it’s actually off below a certain voltage, after changing to a fixed color it worked.

Thank you very much.

BTW I don’t know if I already mentioned it but for checking Anduril behaviour, verifying if an issue comes from my driver or a mistake in hwdef…etc, I use an xplained nano with a T1616 on a breadboard with LEDs for each pins. Typically with this setup you can verify code changes even if you don’t have the specific driver/light on hand.

If you disable manual memory you’re now back to automatic memory (not hybrid memory).

To enable hybrid memory just save your brightness (10C from on) and then set the manual memory timer (10H from on, release after 2nd flash, click number of minutes).

I understand that is how its supposed to work, but that is not what is happening for me. If I just do the 10C from on, then do the 10H from on to set the timer, it still works as if its in manual memory. Meaning, I can ramp up brightness, turn off light, turn light back on and its back to saved brightness. If I do the steps I outlined above, then I’m left in Hybrid Memory, NOT Automatic Memory. Meaning, I can turn light on, ramp up brightness, turn light off. If I turn light back on within 5 minutes (timer setting) it is at the ramped up brightness. If I leave it off for over 5 minutes and turn it on, it is at saved brightness, which is what Hybrid Memory does. I can’t explain why, but that is what ALL my Emisar/Noctigon lights with the 2021-12-13 firmware versions installed.

You know, I was racking my brain last night, trying to figure out how to activate the special modes, such as candle mode in my new Sofirn Sp36 pro. But, to no avail. I went to sleep late and still could not figure it out. That is, until today. I went back to YouTube, while supposed to be working on my PC. Don’t tell my boss. Anyway, I found a video that explains this UI to me. I’ve been out of the game for a while, so I was not familiar with this UI. Just like the creator here, ToyKeeper explains, the UI starts out in simple UI from the factory. I did not know this. And the other videos I saw on YouTube, did not explain this. And before you ask, yes, I browsed over the manual. But, I found it a bit confusing. But, after watching the video earlier today, I think I understand the manual a bit better. I still have a lot of catching up to do, though.

I think I’ve figured out what’s happening. I believe you’re miscounting the config flashes. You’re probably missing the initial flash. When you’re trying to config the manual memory timer (item #2) you’re probably configuring the “ramp up from moon” (item #3).

To test my hypothesis, hold from off and see if it ramps up from moon or stays at moon (no matter how long you hold). Default is to ramp up from moon and I bet yours doesn’t. Also, if that’s the case then you’re manual memory timer is probably actually set to 1 minute instead of 5 (when you were trying to config item #1). Turn on, change brightness noticeably, turn off, leave off for 2 minutes, turn on: you’ll probably see that the level has been reset.

When making config changes, the immediate flash after the hold is the first item. It can be a bit confusing for sure.

Quahog, you nailed it! Your hypothesis held true 100%. I can’t thank you enough for putting the time into figuring out my misconfiguration.

Thank you, Bob.

Is it possible to use common anode multicolor LEDs with Anduril ? (Pins as sink intead of source) I need to use a different package than the usual 0606 and they don’t exist with common cathode, actually nearly all multi color LEDs are common anode.

Very minor question about Anduril v2:

I just picked up an Emisar D1, running v2 dated 2022/07/29 0125. Everything is fine, but I noticed something a little strange. This has an aux RGB button (essentially acts like forward facing AUX emitters). In the color menu, after “rainbow” is voltage. And that works. But what’s weird is that the voltage option is in there twice. After rainbow, 7H brings voltage. Another 7H? Voltage again. Then next 7H returns to red. I tried this a handful of times and it’s totally consistent (not a mistake on my part). Is this just a glitch, or is there some sort of difference between voltage-1 and voltage-2?