Any good 4 AA lights out there? Bought SP-11 thanks!

Sofirnlight.com had incredibly slow shipping but has changed to a new shipper and I got my last order from Sofirnlight.com to Texas in 3 weeks.

I bought the Sofirn. I don’t mind waiting.

Where can I get one of those diffusers you use on the Q8?

Did anyone else get a 10% coupon for creating an account on sofirnlight.com? I just got three SF11s for a little over $17 each. I can’t help but think of that as a really good deal considering the price of similar lights in the past.

What’s the run-time like on the Sofirn SF-11? I know it probably can’t compare to the bigger cells, but still, they seem like fun lights. Like a mini SP36. I have a lot of extra Eneloops and Laddas I could put to use in one of these.

Found a review by WalkIntoTheLight of the ThorFire TK4A with some data:

Run-time: I’ll break this into two separate categories. The run-time if you leave the light on until it’s almost dead (including the step-downs), and the run-time if you don’t let it step-down and run it continuously on the intended brightness level. Step downs are 3 minutes from turbo to high, and 33 minutes from high to medium. See the run-time graphs below for more detail. It is easy to click the switch to go back to the higher level and override the step-down. I’m a little puzzled why the need for a high-to-medium step-down, because it’s not needed for heat control, and as mentioned earlier Thorfire does not use it as an excuse to list high ASNI FL-1 run-times.

With step-downs: turbo 11.5 hours, high 11.6 hours, medium 12 hours, low 2.5 days, moonlight 1.5 months (I didn’t test this, it’s just an estimate). Note this is with regular 1900 mAh Eneloop batteries. About 25% longer run-times will be achieved using a battery with a higher capacity, such as an Eneloop Pro.

Without step-downs: turbo 45 minutes, high 3 hours, medium 12 hours, low 2.5 days, moonlight 1.5 months. Again, this is with regular 1900 mAh Eneloop batteries.

Thanks for that, helpful review. So on medium it can run for 11 hours @120 lumens. On high it sustains 300, then after 30 minutes it steps down to roughly the same output as medium. I like this idea of a mini SP36. With coupons I can get it from Sofirn for roughly USD15, which honestly doesn’t seem like a bad deal.

I have a sofirn SF11 . I think it’s pretty nice. The price has almost boubled since I purchased min about a year ago

I paid $20 for mine at Amazon last May. It’s $22 now at Amazon and $20 at Sofirnlight.com. If you got it for $10, you got a heck of a deal, but Sofirn does frequently have some great discounts :+1:

I have a Coast HP14 in one vehicle which is 4AA and decently bright, decent throw. Pretty crappy tail switch which has some reliability issues.

I also have a couple 5.11 XBT A6 lights which I REALLY love for a car/truck light. 6AA, so accepts L91 lithiums. About the size of a 3D Maglite so easy to find, hold, etc. Good brightness, and excellent throw. Fits perfectly in the door pocket of my F150. Unfortunately they were d/c about 2? years ago. At that time they were on close out all over the place for $20-$30 which was a great deal. Good luck finding one now, especially for that cheap.

Looking for something else, I found a Coleman Max.
Looks like a 2D light. With a regular switch.
Not the retro switch in the 525-750 models.
It’s all plastic. Good for electrical work. LED.
I went to install 2Ds and it takes 4 AAs.
Life is full of surprises.

Cheers.

My favorite 4xAA

It would be the great diffuser for the Q8 indeed . I have something similar for the Q8 but have no idea even what it is ..I thought it was maybe a holder for a water filter ??? no idea . about twice as tall as it ought to be but works well.

The ones I have for the SF-11 were from the Christmas tree shop . I'm sure I've googled them before and christmas tree shop doesn't sell them any more

http://ii.worldmarket.com/fbog/500/CTS/4030266_XXX_v1.jpg?Flameless-Luminaries-Set-of-12

The upside is they are exactly the same size as the outside bezel of a C8 and nothing fits a C8... if you added a sleeve they would slide right on a C8 <an easy mod .

Downside is shipping costs or I'd sell a few to members here .

* The rubberized magnet was a cell phone magnet that mounted onto the dash of your car .

I have two: Nitecore EA41 and Led Lenser M14

Both good lights however you cant beat Lithium.

Seems the shipping speeds aren’t as bad as I’ve heard they were earlier in the year. I just got mine today.

Sofirn’s current shipping service is definitely a step above most everything coming out of China! My last order with them also shipped in 2-3 weeks.
(Meanwhile, I just got an AliExpress order that was shipped in June. Ah, Singapore Post…)

I’m hoping to have some of those Osram CSLNM1.TGs on copper stars soon. None of the bezels on mine were glued on. I’m curious how they’d perform in them. The reflector in these are larger than the average 18650 light so it leads me to think they’ll perform pretty well. Especially considering they’re driving the current LED pretty close to 2 amps.

Wish someone would bring out a 4aa like the Manker MC13 and Acebeam L17 which use lithium. I really like the narrow beam they put out.

Uhh, I did.

My TK4As throw very nicely.

How did you modify it?