Any nice Black Friday, Cyber Monday, or any deal, please post here. Discussions entertained.

Ha ha. I can relate

I remember back when I got my panasonic plasma. Similar situation, we had to pay a fortune to get HD broadcasting back then and there was only about 15 HD channels. I was still running regular cable and the panasonic was a unique machine because it was the best at processing a standard broadcast signal and making it look better than all the rest. The Sony TV’s were number one back then but their cost was ridiculous. I use my panasonic for strictly HD now but I still see strange motion issues with all the new led/oled tv’s. I saw some great deals on LG and Samsung 55” tv’s at Target last night but I feel like I need to do my month long research all over again before I get one of these new UHD tv’s and no better signal than 720 or 1080.

Yeah, our 58” Samsung Plasma is still going after 6 years.
My mother in-laws 50” Samsung Plasma quit after just 1 year and a month.
My brothers 50” Samsung Plasma just quit after only 3 years.

As far as I am concerned, Samsung is starting to have some problems (TV’s, major appliances and the latest cell phone battery)

I still remember, quite vividly, the first time I walked into a BJ’s Wholesale Club and saw “Samsung” branded TV.
I stood there and pronounced the name, in my head, over and over “Sam-Sung, Sam-Sung” What a strange sounding name I thought.

Then came Lucky Goldstar, another Chinese company. Later on it became just Goldstar. We now know this company as LG

BTW, when these 2 companies first splashed on the scene, their products were just pure JUNK. Both companies quickly recovered and grew very good reputations as quality manufacturers.

LG and Samsung are both South Korean companies.
Really some of the first Korean electronics companies that knew how to market to America.

Vividly remember those Goldstar VCRs that sold for like $49 on Black Friday back in the day, they would eat tapes and generally wear out juts after the warranty ran out.
And they weighed like 2 lbs.:slight_smile:

ooops, you’re right!

It’s over.
Nitefighter bt40s amazon deal
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1JC894/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_awdb_RYjoybXRNPFA6

Sorry. I haven’t checked if this was posted before. so if it is, please let me know. Thanks

That’s a not very good bike light you linked to and it’s a referral link.

Edit - I’m dumb, apparently Nitefighter is being sold as Revtronic. Thought it was some crummy clone brand.

I found the link for myself via amazon. not sure how it turned out to be a referred link. Thanks. :slight_smile:

It’s all good, I’m tired and slow, it wasn’t what I thought it was.

lol. sheet happens. Banggood thorfire VG10 $12.99 http://www.banggood.com/ThorFire-VG10-XM-L2-4modes-847lumens-Tactical-LED-Flashlight-p-1039684.html?rmmds=cart BGFNL gives 12% off

So, I spent today relaxing with Princess Batman. We have been debating getting a newer TV and moving the 32 inch Samsung in to the office.

We cut the cord a few years ago, could not be happier.

The trip in to Costco last week they already had the TV’s up and marked with the BF “deals” There were some raised eyebrows from The other half as our PS3 died and we are looking to replace it after almost 9 years of service. The 4K 55” samsung/LG tv’s looked very nice I will admit. We are going to hold off a few more weeks until we decide to make the tv purchase as we just picked up a PS4Pro.

Somehow I completely missed that LG = Goldstar. It’s funny how a name change can help brand recognition. Back in the 90’s I remember thinking of Goldstar as strictly low end AV equipment whereas over the past decade I’ve viewed LG as being in a much higher tier.

90’s? Think about what “Samsung” meant back then… Things changed indeed…

I wonder whether this curved, 4k hoopla is really that much improvement…

Great Deal today at Amazon, Mikata Variable 2-speed 1/2” hammer Driver-Drill and Variable speed impact driver with 2 Lithium batteries and charger for $149.99

Those Makita’s are built tough. I worked on a crew that built Grain Silos and this is what we used. Local Dewalt dealer gave us some of their new line to test and we killed them in less than a month, no comparison.
Anyway, worth the money. Batteries and charger alone are close to the cost of this kit.

Later,
Keith

cyber monday deal for Convoy S2+ for 5.55 $US (probably +limited amount+/unclear)
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_44144.html

with code:
Conru1

Important note: promo starts in 1 day, 15 hours, 50 minutes from time of posting

source: from Russian GB newsletter/link:
http://www.gearbest.com/promotion-2016-special-995.html

That's from the China warehouse. Any idea of there will be extra shipping charges ect?

China warehouse shipping is slooooow, but to the States it’s free for the regular shipping method.

edit - and where is all their vape gear?

I ordered two Lumintop Tools from the AliExpress sale.
They each came with two tailcaps, one clicky and one magnetic. Lightweight with good responsive clicky switch.
Now I see why people like them so much.
The MLH ui is different from what I am used to, but getting two great, quality lights for under $20 and 14 days shipping time makes me very happy.

Yep :smiley: