【APLOS GAW】APLOS New T02 1800 lumen Giveaway(closed)

Thanks @APLOS , I had a package arrive today. :grinning:

I’m very impressed with the quality of the finish on the T02. It’s nicely machined with a thick satin black finish. The package arrived very well packed with two thick layers of bubble wrap. The box itself is also more premium than some other brands. There’s an outer slide off cover and then a sturdy box with a magnetic clip to hold the flap shut.

I’ll let some pictures do the talking:

Everything you need (including a spare tail switch rubber cap and two o-rings) are supplied. The battery is inside the body of the flashlight and is a protected 18650 3000mAh. (The manual actually says to only use protected batteries.) Both ends of the body are lubricated and unscrew smoothly. The bezel appears to be possibly glued on the head- but I didn’t try forcing it.

The SFT40 is used with an orange peel reflector- not something I’ve seen/ noticed offered on other flashights. The beam has a tight centre bright spot, with a much wider low level spill. It’s daytime here, so I haven’t had a chance to test it in the dark.

The USB C charging has the usual external rubber flap, however the APLOS website says they have also waterproofed the USB C connector itself. :+1: The “A” on the switch flashes red while it’s charging and turns solid green once charged. The switch also lights for 5 seconds when the tail switch is turned on, to indicate the battery’s charge level.

The tail switch operates like a master power switch (i.e. the side switch won’t turn on the light, unless the tail switch is first turned on.) Strobe and SOS are hidden from the main menu (three presses of the side switch to access.) Turbo is selected by two presses of the side switch. There are four brightness levels cycled by a single press of the side switch from Eco- Low- Med -High. The last setting is memorised. The tail switch is fully pressed again to turn the light off.

You can use the tail switch in a “tactical mode” to operate some functions of the flashlight . A single half press (and hold) will turn on the last memorised mode; a quick double half press (and hold) will turn on Turbo. While the tail switch is half pressed, pushing it in further to a full press will turn on the light in the current mode. You could do signalling - by not holding the tail switch after the half press.

It won’t tail stand due to the rear tail switch design.

I’ll try it out after dark tonight. I’ll also get some physical size comparison shots- it’s basically a bit longer than an S2+ (by about 17mm; the tail section is thinner than the S2+, but the head slightly thicker.)

Edit:

Specs from APLOS website:
Specification:
Body Material: AL-6061-T6 Aircraft-grade Aluminum Alloy
Lens: High Penetration Tempered Glass
LED Bulb: 1 x Luminus SFT-40
Luminous Flux: Max.1800 Lumens
Light Modes: 7 Modes (Turbo-High-Medium-Low-Economic-Strobe-SOS)
Beam Angle: 11°
Beam Distance: 373m (1224ft)
Impact Resistance: 1m (3.29ft)
Waterproof Level: IP68
Underwater Depth: 2m (78.7ft)
Power: 1 x 18650 3000mAh rechargeable battery ( included )
Weight: 83g/ 2.9oz
Length: 13.5cm / 5.31inch
Diameter: 2.85cm / 1.12 in ( head), 2.54cm / 1 in(tube)

Packing List:
1 x T02 Tactical Flashlight
1 x 18650 batteries
1 x USB cable
1 x Wrist strap
1 x Tail Switch Protector
2 x O-Rings
1 x User Manual

Thank you very much for sharing and I hope APLOS products will be enjoyed by all of you.

1 Thank

I didn’t enter the GAW but I just wanted to share some photos and a few thoughts:

Runtime graphs:

Beamshot at 100m/100yards

Beamshot at 50m/50 yards

The regulation performs very well. Throw is very nice coming from the slightly deep reflector (similar to Convoy S2/S6/S8 deep reflector). Build quality is quite good for the money. If you buy it from AliExpress it’s a good bargain - comes with battery included. UI is acceptable, nothing strange or funky :slight_smile:

All in all I think it’s a good light if you want an 18650-sized tactical style flashlight with good regulated output. Basically holds about 700-800 lumens for 1.5 hours from an 18650 until the battery runs out.

3 Thanks

I haven’t updated my post, but I really like the beam on the T02. There’s some low level flood with a brighter central hot spot. I find that’s excellent compared to having a wide flood with even illumination- because your eyes will adjust to the bright flood directly in front and limit how far you can see in the distance. Hopefully that makes sense?

As @darosk has said above, the turbo mode doesn’t overheat quickly and will run for a decent time (compared to some other flashlights.)

1 Thank

Yes, the reflector is quite deep for the head size, and the OP texture smooths out the beam a bit. I find it quite pleasant and usable. I live on a rural property where the fence-line is about 100-150m or so from the house, and the beamshape is quite suitable for this kind of purpose, mid-range duty type of use-case.

1 Thank

I was tempted to swap a 5000k SFT40 into mine, but will wait for the prices to drop on them. Having said that, the Aplos SFT40 seems to have less of a blue tinge to it than the SFT40 in my Convoy Z1.

BTW a T02 is used in this thread for testing some of the newer SFT40 varieties LED test / review - Luminus SFT-40 3000/6500 K - warm white thrower LED with good tint and perfect light

How did he manage to open the head? I heard from one reviewer that the official statement is the head is welded shut and cannot be opened.

Yes, if you’re talking about the reddit post, that’s my account. On my copy it feels really stuck on there. @smurcod is your copy’s bezel easily unscrewed? I have tried clamps and nitrile gloves, it feels like I can’t get it off without serious doing some damage. Or maybe I need a blowtorch or sth :open_mouth:

And yeah like I mentioned, Aplos actually told me not to try remove the bezel. This was the email:

I’ll try asking @koef3 as well. Did you have any difficulty opening the bezel on yours? Mine is really tough.

1 Thank

I had to dip a Fenix head into boiling water to unscrew it because of the thread glue. Maybe you can try it? Just don’t heat it up suddenly or the glass might shatter.

1 Thank

Yes I’m hoping it’s just some very strong glue and they didn’t actually weld the bezel shut :joy:

Mine feels to be well stuck on, but i haven’t tried tools. That person posting the emitter swap made me think i just hadn’t tried hard enough.

Perhaps they use something like Loctite 262?

1 Thank

I managed to get it off with pump pliers and bits of inner tube. it’s just glued on like all typical wurkkos and sofirn glue.

1 Thank

Side by side next to a convoy s6 ‘deep reflector’. The depth is the same but the aplos reflector is 3mm wider.

Mcpcb is 20mm with the sft40

2 Thanks

You may now laugh out loud: for my T02, the bezel was completely loose on delivery! (The lens was also slightly loose and could be moved a bit with one finger.)
The bezel was neither glued nor tightened in any way. There was also no glue residue visible on the threads. I was able to unscrew it without any effort… the funnier seems the statement from Aplos, the Bezel just not to remove or that this is completely glued…

I bought the light as regular sample from Amazon here in Germany as it was on big sale for 15 €…

2 Thanks

:joy: :joy:

Amazing. It seems you received the “modder’s special edition”! I was able to succeed with two large pairs of pump pliers and a lot of inner tube. Thanks.

1 Thank

Yes, maybe they knows that I want to change the LED anyway :smiley:

Would a bit of heat help?

Possibly, I didn’t try beyond turbo-ing it for 5 minutes.

So a silicone oven mitt gave me enough grip on the bezel of mine to undo it. There appeared to me some clear adhesive on the threads- so it was glued. I didn’t have to heat it or anything like that. :grinning:

1 Thank

Myself and another reviewer found a charging issue with the T02. The current slows down to 140mA at around 4v and takes hours to finish. Another user reported having to use an external charger because of how long it was taking. Sometimes it shows red when it’s full.

Contacted Aplos and received no response, so I’m a little disappointed, even more so when they responded promptly about me buying wholesale before I found the charging issue.