Astrolux M02 discussion thread

Yeah, well, i bought 2 in early september for about 13 bucks each…
Not the rainbow one, i got the M01, but it’s the same.

Hastily produced for the least amount of money apparently…
Shame…
They ruined the M01 too…

By the way, the “driver” is 2 resistors.

Oooh…. That really sucks…

I had to re-solder the pcb of the body because it didn’t want to charge…
Fortunately these were the soldering points you can see when charging, on top of the red PCB, easy access.
Yes, red, unlike in the pictures and the video on Youtube there is no black covering on it…
The reviewed models are better products than what you buy normally…

I have no complaints about the threads.
Maybe i was lucky in buying early models (?)
(like i was with the A01 with Manker PCB and WW Nichia)

Just got one and it is JUNK. low flickers or does not come on at all! high is less than my DQG spy (a flooder) which is less than my hobi. buy a hobi !

i have a M 01 and wish i hadn’t

REman says a bit of teflon tape solves it’s issues with the retarded wobbly head …

wheres my dang tape ??
I don’t like to complain about wonky issues but with it on my keychain it’s a constant reminder of a dumb light purchase …When I pull out my keys it’s always flashing on and off .god knows what it’s up to in my pocket . i keep a AAA dqg on the same ring since i expect to always find the MO1 DOA… or the head missing .

If you do buy one /don’t expect it to be one of your happier flashlight purchases …

Now where’s the teflon tape

OK… found the tape and spent 15 minutes trying to make it work……….what a stupid POS…. the head now doesn’t wobble and maybe I can still get the micro usb in the hole I cut out of the teflon tape to charge it ……but low is now impossibly lost …I’d avoid these lights until members start saying nicer things about them …

Hmmm…Teflon tape will not improve the (-) contact, which are the head threads…

Anyway, the one i used the most is getting worse too… :frowning:
Flickering.

The other one i bought was intended to be a gift, but i’m not gonna give a soon to be crappy light to someone.

Dang, i even wrote a positive review on Banggood about this light…

They both have to be modified somehow, to solve the flickering and make turning the head easier.

The holes at the sides of PCB arent large enough for my tweezers to go in. And frankly I don’t see how tightening it is going to help.

Yes, it’s tiny…
Tightening will improve the contact between pill and head, which is the (-) contact of the pill.

I should be writing CS to complain i guess…
I see no way to improve these lights myself.
So these are just another Astrolux faillure…

I like this flashlight a lot, but i think that i’ll go for cooyoo or jetbeam mini!

I have found some problem that can be solved.
I will get back on this later.

I forgot to post earlier… but I have the rainbow and copper versions of this now. It looks like quality is pretty random with probably a below-average center. Both came with too-thick O rings, though the copper one is less bad. The copper one also doesn’t flicker on low, which is an improvement. I could probably turn it into a decent light by replacing the O rings, but as is, it can’t really be used with one hand.

Neither one lives up to the quality of my Cooyoo Quantum SS.

OTOH, I also got a rainbow S Mini, and it’s very nice. It doesn’t even need an emitter swap; it’s pretty nice stock. The colors are luck-of-the-draw and mine has more yellow than I’d like, but otherwise I can’t really complain.

I found the PCB with the brass top causes problems (especially in low mode) when it is wobbly.
It can act as a kind of spring, so it doesn’t push hard enough against the head PCB in low mode.

Iḿ also doubtful about the electrical path from body to head via the threads.
Sure, the too thick O rings don’t help there either…
But i haven’t been able to find thinner O rings.

You get the orings a bit thinner if you choose the overall diameter smaller
So the ring gets more stretched

True, but i can’t find those either…

I have the M03. Mine only flickers if you stop turning the head immediately after the low mode activates. If you turn it just a tad more it doesn’t flicker at all

I had a similar issue with an M03. I fixed it by cleaning it inside and out, with nail polish remover.

I took the lead from another poster who commented that he fixed his M01 by filling the threads.

I just soaked a paper towel in acetone and wiped every part of the threads, inside and out, several times…