Bag Check Flashights

Nitefox UT20. Momentary-on tailswitch, mode-select on the side.

Oh, get the 1buk deep-carry clip for the S2+ from Fasttech. Fits perfectly, even matches the matte of the ’20.

Link?

I’m not seeing anything, guys.

Most of the “mode memory” of these lights only leaves a turbo switch, not TRUE mode memory. For bag checks, it should be able to come on in low.

Oh, y’mean to the UT20…

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Flashlights-Tactical-Flashlight-UT20/dp/B0746H9KYM

or more choices at

nitefox ut20 - Google Search (GIYF).

I EDCed a UT20 quite a while, ’til it only got displaced by a MH20.

Thanks, but that’s an XML2. I am done with those. And it’s not throwy enough. I need at least 550 or more meters range since it will put a spot on fighters and crowds and whatnot.

Apparently it didn’t get much love here, but I still like it a lot.

I can’t find anything except budget stuff with old emitters.

Ah, you never said you wanted some throwiness:

It also sports regulation up to high mode, so that’s nice, and if you need turbo, just double click.

Oooookay. So maybe a C8F-21700? Plenty of lemons, also a rear FC switch. No onboard charging, though.

Ditto the P30.

Beyond that, you’re probably gonna hafta roll yer own.

C8s are clunky, junky, and yes, for some reason, never made available with forward clickies AND a second switch for activation. I have no idea why there is no real demand for this. My Lumintop TD16 is really in a class by itself.

It sports regulation? Then I may be in!

Yeah, it only uses regulation on high mode and lower.

The turbo 2200 lumen mode is unregulated.

What about the PWM? Is it visible?

No visible PWM.

On any mode?

If so, then you, my friend, have closed the deal for me!

Turbo doesn’t have any PWM since it’s direct drive.

The other modes have PWM, but only due to current regulation that uses PWM with a regulator.

I would also recommend getting the Luxeon V version.

It has good tint, the brightest of the bunch, and doesn’t have extreme throw(850m+) like the XP-L HI and SST-40.

Wait…one of the reviews is saying that this always defaults to high when activated with the tailswitch. That would not work. This would be used by being repeatedly activated in a low mode in a momentary fashion. I can’t click it down to low every time.

Ah, sorry.

And nobody really seems to care, or need what I’m talking about, amazingly.

Not many lights have what you need.

How about the Acebeam L30 then?